Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
patrick smith
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 competition

Bimmercode - M4 comp - some features not working..

hi
i finally decided to code some features on my 2018 M4 comp.

i got the full app and veepeak OBD.

over all i like the features/ options that BC has, but a few of them dont seem to be working. this normal?

rear tail lights flash, brake force etc. i coded it in and got the code successful message. but the brake lights dont flash.

also i tried to code in the "m performance" message on the dash, all i get is a basic "BMW" with some red lines. i changed to the the "M4" and that shows up, so im not sure what i did wrong.

i can only guess that some coding options just wont work in some model cars. but ide think that i would get a "coding not working" message or something.

im sure im not the only one..

one great thing that did work for me was coding out the low fuel warning. hated that..

i wish i could code in a default setting so when i start the car the suspension/wheel/throttle always stay in the same setting, not go back to EOM setting.

so if anyone has any thoughts,

Last edited by patrick smith; 02-29-2020 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:34 AM   #2
Daggers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick smith View Post
rear tail lights flash, brake force etc. i coded it in and got the code successful message. but the brake lights dont flash.
You're not pressing hard enough It's down to the rate of deceleration - do 100mph and slam the anchors on and they'll work. Mine do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick smith View Post
i wish i could code in a default setting so when i star the car the suspension/whee/throttle always stay in the same setting, not go back to EOM setting.

so if anyone has any thoughts,
That's the holy grail no one has found. Everyone wants that unfortunately and it's not possible
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
patrick smith
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggers View Post
You're not pressing hard enough It's down to the rate of deceleration - do 100mph and slam the anchors on and they'll work. Mine do.

That's the holy grail no one has found. Everyone wants that unfortunately and it's not possible
ive sen vids of people having this feature and they do it from 20 mph and it works. even the coding has option for lower speed flash. i was told by BC that some features wont work in some cars, even if it says code was good.
ya figured that, lame...