Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

11-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #23
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

I did ED in spokane. Bellevue/Seattle at the time didn't have an allocation or were not willing to negotiate for ED. It might've been because I was out of state at the time and wasn't living in WA.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #24
OrangeD1sco
Private
Rep
Drives: None

I shopped around locally (BMW Bellevue/Seattle/Northwest) and gave up. Ended up buying from BMW portland - all it took was a single email to them with the build I wanted and "Was quoted this price - can you beat it?" and they emailed back with a better offer and with immediate ED allocation. Final price was $1500 over ED invoice. Purchase went off without a hitch - they did have immediate allocation and I picked up the car in Munich maybe 2 months later. Once the car arrived, rode the bus down to Portland and drove the car back. Probably the easiest car purchase I have ever done.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #25
adamn1
Private
Rep
Drives: 318i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Whats the "great" deal you got?

You are the 1st person I know who got an ED car out of Seattle for a "great" deal.

Yes, their service department is awesome and I have been going there over 15 years.

At the end of the day it is all about what CA you talk to……one thing I know for sure is that I do not need an "M advisor" to order my car. Just give me a good price and let me deal with the rest

I will be ordering an individual M4 and won't mind talking to Karl if he is on ED invoice + dealer profit basis…but this is Seattle and people think that it is a good deal when they get $500 off of MSRP.

Thanks Larry!

All, to my knowledge we haven't refused a euro deal so I apologize if we gave you that impression. Any binmerpost member that wants a euro on an M Car, just let us know.

Karl is literally the best, most knowledgable M salesman you will find. And by far the most passionate. If you want THE best service and experience then please Give us a shot.

A lot of time it comes down to allocation - but the last reports we had? We are the largest M retailer north of the big boys in CA.

We don't sell at $500 over invoice and buy rate because the demand for the car simply means it isn't distressed merchandise and fortunately for us we don't have to. But I can assure you, Karl is the best salesman I have ever had the pleasure of working with, he's worth every penny you pay for the car and then some.

There are 2 dealers I can think of that will happily sell these for almost nothing over invoice. If you want a "transaction" and no help, advice or special experience I encourage you to visit them. We are happy to provide a courtesy delivery for any of our M family upon the cars return.

We love our M cars and our Clients, we enjoy giving both the treatment they deserve.

Adam
New Car Manager
BMW Seattle
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #26
adamn1
Private
Rep

Quote:
The OP is asking about ED. Did you do ED?

If so, why didn't the Colorado dealer do a courtesy delivery to one of the dealers in our area?
If you do work with Schomp we, at BMW Seattle, will happily help. It's not free but it's cheaper than trucking.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #27
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamn1 View Post
Thanks Larry!

All, to my knowledge we haven't refused a euro deal so I apologize if we gave you that impression. Any binmerpost member that wants a euro on an M Car, just let us know.

Karl is literally the best, most knowledgable M salesman you will find. And by far the most passionate. If you want THE best service and experience then please Give us a shot.

A lot of time it comes down to allocation - but the last reports we had? We are the largest M retailer north of the big boys in CA.

We don't sell at $500 over invoice and buy rate because the demand for the car simply means it isn't distressed merchandise and fortunately for us we don't have to. But I can assure you, Karl is the best salesman I have ever had the pleasure of working with, he's worth every penny you pay for the car and then some.

There are 2 dealers I can think of that will happily sell these for almost nothing over invoice. If you want a "transaction" and no help, advice or special experience I encourage you to visit them. We are happy to provide a courtesy delivery for any of our M family upon the cars return.

We love our M cars and our Clients, we enjoy giving both the treatment they deserve.

Adam
New Car Manager
BMW Seattle
When I was shopping I was talking with Karl. I had an offer from BMW of Bellevue but I very much would have preferred to work with Seattle. Unfortunately either there was no allocation available or your dealership was not willing to deal.

I know you want to maximize your profit but you must realize that folks are getting between $1500 and $2000 above ED invoice on a regular basis on here. With courtesy delivery they can shop with out of state dealers quite easily. I would have been quite happy at $2500 over ED invoice with a money factor that was not terrible but that couldn't happen. I was very impressed with Karl's service but you cannot expect someone to pay MSRP for an experience.

I still hope to have my car serviced with Seattle as Bellevue is not my first choice in that either.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #28
adamn1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
When I was shopping I was talking with Karl. I had an offer from BMW of Bellevue but I very much would have preferred to work with Seattle. Unfortunately either there was no allocation available or your dealership was not willing to deal.

I know you want to maximize your profit but you must realize that folks are getting between $1500 and $2000 above ED invoice on a regular basis on here. With courtesy delivery they can shop with out of state dealers quite easily. I would have been quite happy at $2500 over ED invoice with a money factor that was not terrible but that couldn't happen. I was very impressed with Karl's service but you cannot expect someone to pay MSRP for an experience.

I still hope to have my car serviced with Seattle as Bellevue is not my first choice in that either.
I totally agree with you. I wouldn't expect you to pay MSRP, but looking at the time you got your car allocations were few and far between and we have to do what is right by the store.

I understand people get $15-$2k over invoice, typically the geography and nature of the store is the driving force behind this.

Like I said earlier, we are happy to do courtesy deliver for other stores.

With regards to service? That's what differentiates you guys from the buying majority. The forum members are typically experts that require no hand holding, often know more than the client advisor (with some notable exceptions - most of whom post on here ) and therefore see no value in paying for something they wont use. I sincerely do not blame you.

Next time around let us (karl and I) who you are and we will gladly take care of you. Next time your in our service department - stop over for a coffee
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #29
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Larry!

Adam
New Car Manager
BMW Seattle
I honestly rest my case.

I will reach out and see what your bottom line is.

Like in the past, most likely, I will end up buying my car elsewhere and continue to service it at your dealer. It has been working fine over 15+ years or so and many BMW sales lost for your dealer. Heck, in the middle of recession even Bellevue ordered me a car a little over invoice while you guys were not discounting your ED cars.

Like most on this form, I am looking for a transaction & savings.....nothing else since the information provided around here is priceless.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:52 PM   #30
adamn1
Private
Rep

Quote:
I honestly rest my case.

I will reach out and see what your bottom line is.

Like in the past, most likely, I will end up buying my car elsewhere and continue to service it at your dealer. It has been working fine over 15+ years or so and many BMW sales lost for your dealer. Heck, in the middle of recession even Bellevue ordered me a car a little over invoice while you guys were not discounting your ED cars.

Like most on this form, I am looking for a transaction & savings.....nothing else since the information provided around here is priceless.
The problem is these cars to us are finite. So when the demand is outstripping the supply we are in the fortunate position where we can say no to an offer knowing we can get more from the next inquiry that walks in. The M3/4 and the upcoming M2 will be literally the only car we can do this with for some time. You would probably do the same if you were in this business..

Drop me a line. I would love to earn your business and get you back into our fold.

Adam
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #31
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
I totally agree with you. I wouldn't expect you to pay MSRP, but looking at the time you got your car allocations were few and far between and we have to do what is right by the store.

I understand people get $15-$2k over invoice, typically the geography and nature of the store is the driving force behind this.

Like I said earlier, we are happy to do courtesy deliver for other stores.

With regards to service? That's what differentiates you guys from the buying majority. The forum members are typically experts that require no hand holding, often know more than the client advisor (with some notable exceptions - most of whom post on here ) and therefore see no value in paying for something they wont use. I sincerely do not blame you.

Next time around let us (karl and I) who you are and we will gladly take care of you. Next time your in our service department - stop over for a coffee
I do understand, it is a business. You guys are able to sell at MSRP and I cannot blame you for doing so given the significant profit margin in it. You do seem to understand that when you get the occasional oddball () who knows every little detail about the transaction that you may not be able to get to where they want. I do appreciate that you are upfront about that.
Appreciate 0