Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
franksheehy
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw M3

Waiting for individual color order

I ordered an M3 in April, Tanzanite Blue with Golden Brown interior. It was changed to a MY 2017 which is ok, but I am still waiting to get some idea when I will get my car, I was told it may not be until November. Does anyone have any idea how long it typically takes for an individual order?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

This is is a semi individual...and should not take longer than other orders. Maybe one week delay in comparison to other orders.

I ordered azurite black with golden brown around the same time last year. I got my car in the beginning of October. Production was done mid September. I think it just depends on your allocation week that you got from your dealer.

Golden brown interior is the shit! Tanzanian blue was my second choice. Good build. Enjoy the wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
BavarianBeastTamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 550i m4 vert on order

I'm in the same boat buddy. I had an accepted order in April for Tanzinite/Amaro brown. They made it a 17, then they keep delaying the car. I'm not sure what the real issue is, but i was told it was because of a supply issue with the leather dashboards. I find this really weird because for 2017 the leather dashboard is standard on all Individual leathers.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i ordered an individ m5 in april as well, i'm not due for PC delivery until mid august.

September sounds right.. settle in guys, it's a long haul.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoce1 View Post
This is is a semi individual...and should not take longer than other orders. Maybe one week delay in comparison to other orders.

I ordered azurite black with golden brown around the same time last year. I got my car in the beginning of October. Production was done mid September. I think it just depends on your allocation week that you got from your dealer.

Golden brown interior is the shit! Tanzanian blue was my second choice. Good build. Enjoy the wait!
I ordered Tanzanite and my confirmed production week got pushed back 2.5 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
Don Molina
not that guy
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 + S2000

My dealer in Switzerland told me the following in the end on June (3 weeks ago)
Expected delivery dates would be for ordering by end of June (week 27).
  • Delivery for any standard colour would be early October latest
  • Delivery for any Individual Colour, either on-catalogue for M3/4 (like Tanzanite Blue) or whatever would add 4-6 weeks to the build
  • Full leather are a problem and will add at least 4 weeks on top to any order

I really wanted an indi colour but I couldn't agree on waiting until December for my car, so I stayed off the full-leather and kept the 2k to spend in other stupid stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksheehy
I ordered an M3 in April, Tanzanite Blue with Golden Brown interior. It was changed to a MY 2017 which is ok, but I am still waiting to get some idea when I will get my car, I was told it may not be until November. Does anyone have any idea how long it typically takes for an individual order?
Do you have a allocation yet? I had an allocation for my car to arrive early September (roughly) and added tanzanite blue, so it's now end of October.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #8
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoce1 View Post

Hey!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=191

This is no such thing as "semi individual"!! This term does not come up
in any "BMW" documentation. It does not exist!

You could say, "M Sport" is like, "semi ///M", but that terminology, as BMW
has defined it, does exist.

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #9
mpilot26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 MG w/Amaro Brown, two BSM

When I ordered mine last year in September they were still beginning production and had supposedly carbon fiber roof shortages and a few other things but mine was individual full interior and then oh they told me ceramic brakes added some extra time but since I got denied my individual paint choices I just decided to go with mineral gray metallic and it turned out to be a very good looking M3. Just took me the longest wait of any BMW if had in my life. Ordered September 2014 and waited all the way until March 2015.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #10
mpilot26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 MG w/Amaro Brown, two BSM

So it first you'll see the pictures of the car before my friend and I were driving and hit a puddle of water and hydroplaned let's just say over what BMW limits their vehicles at. Just proof that 45,000 N meters of torsional rigidity built into that M3 platform will definitely save you from 160+ miles an hour crash. Well I don't really know for sure how fast I was going but my buddy does remember shifting from fifth gear to sixth gear and I was right behind him he lost control first and then I did so we were at a very high rate of speed something you only see on the autobahn but our cars are German so they're built to wreck in spectacular fashion
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #11
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot26 View Post
So it first you'll see the pictures of the car before my friend and I were driving and hit a puddle of water and hydroplaned let's just say over what BMW limits their vehicles at. Just proof that 45,000 N meters of torsional rigidity built into that M3 platform will definitely save you from 160+ miles an hour crash. Well I don't really know for sure how fast I was going but my buddy does remember shifting from fifth gear to sixth gear and I was right behind him he lost control first and then I did so we were at a very high rate of speed something you only see on the autobahn but our cars are German so they're built to wreck in spectacular fashion
Fucking hell man!!! Glad to see you walked away from that mess...cars that look like that regardless of brand usually have a happy ending!! Well done BMW
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #12
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
Hey!

This is no such thing as "semi individual" This term does not come up in any "BMW" documentation. It does not exist!
You are very VERY wrong. Ironically because you don't know what the definition of "term" is:
Quote:
term
noun
1. a word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study.
In your post you quoted two different people using the word "semi-individual". Since BimmerBahn, Draper, me and bunch of other people use that word, and understand the concept it communicates, that makes it a term in this forum regardless of whether BMW uses it or not.

Semi-individual: a Bimmerpost term. QED.

Last edited by GrussGott; 08-02-2016 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #13
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

how the F are you still here??????
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #14
BMWjunkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 Avus Blue/Sakhir full

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot26 View Post
Fucking hell man!!! Glad to see you walked away from that mess...cars that look like that regardless of brand usually have a happy ending!! Well done BMW
Holy shite. This needs to be in it's own thread with more details - like what happened to your friend and what does his car look like? Any pics from the scene? What did you hit? Were you injured?!!
BMWCCA #156196 since 5/1998
Current - F80 Avus Blue/SO - ED in Nov 2016 - Bootmod3 and BSW Stage1/Ghost Subs/Amp, '13 Ferrari 458 Italia, '17 X6M (wife's!)
Past - '12 X5 35i, '13 335i EBII/Black M-Sport PPK, '10 335i M-Sport, '03 M5, '02 530ia M-Sport, '01 330i Sport 5spd, '01 540ia M-sport (RIP), '97 M3, '96 328i Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #15
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Hey!

This is no such thing as "semi individual"!! This term does not come up
in any "BMW" documentation. It does not exist!

You could say, "M Sport" is like, "semi ///M", but that terminology, as BMW
has defined it, does exist.

Why does everyone get so excited about this? Here's the thing - it's in the catalog. Just because they use the term "Individual" doesn't mean it fits the concept of a bespoke build. In my opinion, it's just a ploy to charge a premium for a couple of extra colors that should have been standard offerings. The concept of Individual composition is that you're ordering something that's not formally offered. BMW has diluted the concept by doing this in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #16
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie View Post
Holy shite. This needs to be in it's own thread with more details - like what happened to your friend and what does his car look like? Any pics from the scene? What did you hit? Were you injured?!!
I'm left wondering why the hell it was posted in THIS thread? It's totally irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #17
BMWjunkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 Avus Blue/Sakhir full

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie View Post
I'm left wondering why the hell it was posted in THIS thread? It's totally irrelevant.
Agreed, wrong place to post it.

But I do want to read about it so start a new thread!
BMWCCA #156196 since 5/1998
Current - F80 Avus Blue/SO - ED in Nov 2016 - Bootmod3 and BSW Stage1/Ghost Subs/Amp, '13 Ferrari 458 Italia, '17 X6M (wife's!)
Past - '12 X5 35i, '13 335i EBII/Black M-Sport PPK, '10 335i M-Sport, '03 M5, '02 530ia M-Sport, '01 330i Sport 5spd, '01 540ia M-sport (RIP), '97 M3, '96 328i Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #18
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You are very VERY wrong. Ironically because you don't know what the definition of "term" is:

In your post you quoted two different people using the word "semi-individual". Since BimmerBahn, Draper, me and bunch of other people use that word, and understand the concept it communicates, that makes it a term in this forum regardless of whether BMW uses it or not.

Hey!

With all due respect, You can't read!

I wrote and you quoted, "...in any BMW documentation."

Read the definition you provided, "...especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study."

This is a forum for all things "BMW"! "M3's" are now called "M4's", get it!

Go ahead and use whatever words, terms, language, etc. you like, but realize that just because
you use it, does not make it correct.

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #19
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Hey!

With all due respect, You can't read!

I wrote as you quoted, "...in any BMW documentation."

Read the definition you provided, "...especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study."

Go ahead and use whatever words, terms, language, etc. you like, but realize that just because
you use it, does not make it correct.

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #20
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
You might want to look at the URL of this website - it's not BMW's, it's bimmerpost, thus the "language" and terms are bimmerpost terms, not BMW terms. Interesting adjacent question: does BMW even endorse or use the term "Bimmer" in their documentation?

In any event, on Bimmerpost we are the arbiters of Bimmerpost terms, not BMW. We can use terms like "vert", "semi-individual", "bimmer", CCBs, or anything else we want whether BMW uses it or not. The only thing that matters is that we all know what it means.

In short, "semi-individual" is a bimmerpost term, we all know what it means, so it's part of bimmerpost language, the forum we're on right now, and thus a perfectly fine term for anyone on this forum to use.
Appreciate 2
Draper3460.50
Tobes95.00
      08-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #21
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You might want to look at the URL of this website - it's not BMW's, it's bimmerpost, thus the "language" and terms are bimmerpost terms, not BMW terms. Interesting adjacent question: does BMW even endorse or use the term "Bimmer" in their documentation?

In any event, on Bimmerpost we are the arbiters of Bimmerpost terms, not BMW. We can use terms like "vert", "semi-individual", "bimmer", CCBs, or anything else we want whether BMW uses it or not. The only thing that matters is that we all know what it means.

In short, "semi-individual" is a bimmerpost term, we all know what it means, so it's part of bimmerpost language, the forum we're on right now, and thus a perfectly fine term for anyone on this forum to use.
Hey!

Again, "semi-individual" does not appear in the "BMW" nomenclature.

I just stated facts, but you want to rule on opinions.

A diminutive, a colloquialism and an acronym. I made no argument
against any of those other terms you spewed out.

That's great that you were elected to speak on behalf of, "We"

Ok., If You say so!

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #22
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

To me, either it is or isn't (no semi) individual. Sure, costs and wait times vary. I was denied a Tanzanite F82 '16 build a couple months ago because it was too late in the model year for the extra 5 week delay it would take.
Appreciate 0