GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #1101
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
What is a good money factor if you put 7 MSDs down?
Sorry what does MSD's stand for?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #1102
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Multiple Security Deposits. https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bmw-leasing-wiki/10783 has a bit more info on it for those unfamiliar.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #1103
M3GymNut
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
Multiple Security Deposits. https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bmw-leasing-wiki/10783 has a bit more info on it for those unfamiliar.
In what circumstance would you see it as an advantage? I never lease so this is relatively new for me...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #1104
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
In what circumstance would you see it as an advantage? I never lease so this is relatively new for me...
If you have extra money, you can use them to reduce the MF( interest rate) when you initially sign the lease contract so that your monthly payment will be reduced

You get all your MSDs back when your lease ends and your total lease cost will also be less
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #1105
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
To add to CRtoE92's comment, the downside is BMWFS is holding your funds until lease end. This is assuming you don't transfer the lease and recover the monies from the transferee. The amount of money can be in the thousands of dollars depending on the number of MSDs allowed. MSDs also significantly hamper your ability to get out of the lease early via transfer.
      07-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #1106
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pretty much what CRtoE92 said. You can view it as an investment - you put up $MSD and earn (save) $X; IME it comes out as a pretty good return, certainly better than typical/accessible investment vehicles.

Should also mention that you don't need to do all 7 MSDs, that's just the max - you can do fewer (but of course get smaller monthly savings). The MSDs are fully protected in the event of total loss/theft, so there's that added comfort. Only real downside, besides needing to front the money, is if you intend to put the car up for a lease swap later. But if you have the $ and lease swap isn't a major concern, it's almost always a good idea to do them. Not many manufacturers allow MSDs, BMWFS is one of few (AFAIK).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #1107
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
To add to CRtoE92's comment, the downside is BMWFS is holding your funds until lease end. This is assuming you don't transfer the lease and recover the monies from the transferee. The amount of money can be in the thousands of dollars depending on the number of MSDs allowed. MSDs also significantly hamper your ability to get out of the lease early via transfer.
It is true that the MSD makes lease transfer more difficult. Im not planning to keep my CS until the lease ends. My justification of msd was more in saving monthly payment and considering that CS is an unique car and desired by many as well as my low monthly payment. This would compensate the barrier of lease transfer with MSD
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #1108
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Multiple security deposits. It's a way to reduce the interest rate money factors imply
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:38 PM   #1109
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
It is true that the MSD makes lease transfer more difficult. Im not planning to keep my CS until the lease ends. My justification of msd was more in saving monthly payment and considering that CS is an unique car and desired by many as well as my low monthly payment. This would compensate the barrier of lease transfer with MSD
No man. You can choose to make the person assuming the lease pay you for the MSDs if you want to be reimbursed for them. Can be used as an incentive as well. When I assumed my first lease the seller had me pay him half of what he put down on MSDs so I got the rest back when I turned it.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:46 PM   #1110
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Quote:
No man. You can choose to make the person assuming the lease pay you for the MSDs if you want to be reimbursed for them. Can be used as an incentive as well. When I assumed my first lease the seller had me pay him half of what he put down on MSDs so I got the rest back when I turned it.
Of course
I know that the msd is not refunded at the time of transfer i have to recover from the transferee

And I'm not going to transfer if I'm not getting the full multiple security deposit from the transferee

But i still think that It will be fairly easy for me to transfer this car even with the multiple security deposits because of its low monthly payment
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #1111
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Quote:
Of course
I know that the msd is not refunded at the time of transfer i have to recover from the transferee

And I'm not going to transfer if I'm not getting the full multiple security deposit from the transferee

But i still think that It will be fairly easy for me to transfer this car even with the multiple security deposits because of its low monthly payment
I agree with you.... Should be relatively easy to have someone give you the MSD's, especially with your low payment....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #1112
85Shark
Private
Rep
Drives: 1985 BMW 635CSi, 2020 BMW M4

I recently ordered a 2020 M4 ZCP for ED. By using 7 MSDs (total .00035), I can save approximately $48/month on my payment. It works out to be about a 7.5% annual return on total MSDs.

Prior to BMW Financial changing their policy, each MSD was valued at .00007 (total .00049) and the return on MSDs was over 10% per annum.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #1113
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Does anyone know any suggestions on how to get a killer deal? Should I just email dealers an offer? I'd be happy paying 800/month lease before taxes
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #1114
M3GymNut
Major
Rep

Guys need some advice as this is a rare situation. I'm looking at a new M3CS thats in MS and I live in Miami. Thing is the car got hit by a hail storm and the salesmen said the body shop had to do less than $5k in repairs. Mainly paint job oriented. He sent me pics and its hard to see them 100% if any. What type of discount should I expect or ask for? MSRP is $110k, SMB with CCB's. I told him $82k and I would consider it. Would fly out to make final decision. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #1115
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Guys need some advice as this is a rare situation. I'm looking at a new M3CS thats in MS and I live in Miami. Thing is the car got hit by a hail storm and the salesmen said the body shop had to do less than $5k in repairs. Mainly paint job oriented. He sent me pics and its hard to see them 100% if any. What type of discount should I expect or ask for? MSRP is $110k, SMB with CCB's. I told him $82k and I would consider it. Would fly out to make final decision. What do you guys think?
Well a lot of us have gotten on average a $30K discount on our CS's, brand new without any sort of damage on them. If it were me, I'd stay away and try to find another CS that hasn't had any prior damage as you should be able to get a really good deal on it.....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #1116
M3GymNut
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Well a lot of us have gotten on average a $30K discount on our CS's, brand new without any sort of damage on them. If it were me, I'd stay away and try to find another CS that hasn't had any prior damage as you should be able to get a really good deal on it.....
I get you, it's just that it's extremely hard to find a new 2018 M3CS. There's literally a handful of them out there...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #1117
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get you, it's just that it's extremely hard to find a new 2018 M3CS. There's literally a handful of them out there...
I take it you’re buying/financing it rather than lease? If so, I’d go lower, something like $72-75k. Dealers insurance covered the repairs I’m sure and probably also compensated for lost value. I agree with previous poster that without damage $82k is a good price, but with it it’s at least another $7k, for me at least.

Also, it’s fine and dandy to listen to the sales rep but never forget that he’s selling you something
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #1118
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Plenty on swaplease if you're looking to lease.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #1119
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
Does anyone know any suggestions on how to get a killer deal? Should I just email dealers an offer? I'd be happy paying 800/month lease before taxes
email multiple dealers for a $0.00 down lease (excluding 1st month, and normal fees due at signing), and start adding any additional credits you qualify for after you settle on the price. Some of the dealers I've worked with on my deal would offset some credits by raising their sell price by the same $$

it may take a few emails back and forth, you'll eventually get it down to 26-28% (or higher in some cases) off MSRP.

The car is well worth it, I love every minute driving it, and I don't foresee me ever getting bored with the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #1120
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

the discounts aren't a problem, thats easy.. the issue is the dealers are still trying to rape when they give you the monthly lease price...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #1121
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

A dealer that came highly recommended has a m4 cs on the lot and he said they were aggressive on the pricing of the car, but the ballpark lease is 1200-1300 a month.... that's close to what I pay on my F90.
How recently are the buyers getting these monster deals? Wonder if some of the flagship/incentives have been removed.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #1122
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
A dealer that came highly recommended has a m4 cs on the lot and he said they were aggressive on the pricing of the car, but the ballpark lease is 1200-1300 a month.... that's close to what I pay on my F90.
How recently are the buyers getting these monster deals? Wonder if some of the flagship/incentives have been removed.
Just read the previous page. You will see that your dealer is about $500 per month higher.