Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT4 MG340i

Anti-Roll bars kit / Sway bars kit help !!!

Was going to fit KW V3 coil-overs with EDC delete ,
But was advised by my suspension man not to install If my M4 was not going to be used solely as a track car,

Was advised to go down the route of KW HAS & Anti-Roll bar kit ,

Please can anyone assist as I cannot find a UK distributor of any Anti-Roll bars kit / Sway bar kit ,

Dinan do one but it costs $926.00 before import costs

If you have alternative fitted please advise

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 03:50 AM   #2
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I'd suggest a bit of a search around this forum section for details of the AC Schnitzer coilovers. They are in essence KW V3 coilovers with altered valving.

They're generally very highly rated as an improvement over the std dampers. I've read many many threads about suspension options and the only common thing among them is that the std dampers are not great.
Retaining the one part of the suspension system that is universally agreed as not being much cop doesn't make sense to me. I don't recall any recommendations ever suggesting that the ARBs should be changed before the dampers but I could be wrong there..

Personally i'm on ACS springs only for now and accept there are limits to the damping when trying to press on down slightly bumpy roads. But I can't quite commit to a coilover setup until maybe the Bilstein Damptronic system becomes available (if it ever becomes available!! )

I hope this is at least slightly helpful.

Ade
Appreciate 1
WulsgM4503.50
      01-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #3
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WulsgM4 View Post
But was advised by my suspension man not to install If my M4 was not going to be used solely as a track car,

Please can anyone assist as I cannot find a UK distributor of any Anti-Roll bars kit / Sway bar kit ,

Thanks in advance
Hi Wuls, just a thought i recon the Comp Pack suspension including ARB's were upgraded so they may do the trick, failing that H&R or perhaps KW, i have asked my parts guy for a price on the CP ARB's, TBH i'm happy with the HAS for look's and ride, the CP ARB's might add a bit more feel info below from BMW

The Competition Package also includes Adaptive M Suspension, which has been extensively tuned to the enhanced performance and handling, and which features new springs, dampers and anti-roll bars, along with reconfigured driving modes (Comfort, Sport and Sport+). The standard Active M Differential on the rear axle and DSC Dynamic Stability Control have likewise been configured to match the upgraded dynamics.

Last edited by Foretrees; 01-18-2017 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
WulsgM4503.50
      02-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
Turboextreme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp/E46 330Ci

I have front & rear competition pack anti roll bars for sale if interested in them?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Turboextreme

Many thanks for post on this tread

My friend what you are selling is exactly what I am looking for to be fitted to my car, But I have stated on another thread I have some business opportunity's and needing to invest wisely , And as we all know Mods on our cars is not an Investment its an addiction,

If you had these items for sale 6 weeks from today i would have purchased and paid and would have been happy that I got a deal of a life time

But just my luck

GLWS
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 12:41 AM   #6
Turboextreme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp/E46 330Ci

Well you never know in six weeks if you still want them I might still have them and they are new, never fitted and yours for £200.
Appreciate 1
WulsgM4503.50
      02-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Call Lorcan at ACS, I drove their RS kitted out M4 it was stunning, perfect for the road, I even managed to get Pistonheads editoral guys to test the car and they agreed the M4 was transformed.

I wouldn't start messing around with changing roll bars and trying to match springs, go for a well developed set of coil overs, ACS have done the development miles and testing.
      02-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #8
VeloF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82, 996 Turbo S, E46 & E36

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
BMW MP coilovers (HAS) with upgraded software on standard M4 with M Adaptive suspension did the tick for me. Clearly improved. The body roll is noticeably less--seems to help in acceleration and braking too. The software is necessary as I initially installed without pending alignment and drove it for a couple weeks.
Appreciate 1
WulsgM4503.50
      02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #9
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloF1 View Post
BMW MP coilovers (HAS) with upgraded software on standard M4 with M Adaptive suspension did the tick for me. Clearly improved. The body roll is noticeably less--seems to help in acceleration and braking too. The software is necessary as I initially installed without pending alignment and drove it for a couple weeks.
I have heard that KW make the M Performance suspension upgrade for M4/M3,
UK price for KW HAS is £520 so we are paying M tax for the privilege of having a BMW badge on the upgrade

I am thinking with regards to the reply that you you purchased the V2/V3 coil-overs ?? totally different from KW HAS ,
Appreciate 1
VeloF1318.00
      02-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #10
VeloF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82, 996 Turbo S, E46 & E36

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I have heard that KW make the M Performance suspension upgrade for M4/M3,
UK price for KW HAS is £520 so we are paying M tax for the privilege of having a BMW badge on the upgrade

I am thinking with regards to the reply that you you purchased the V2/V3 coil-overs ?? totally different from KW HAS ,
I am not sure any one but BMW knows the specs on their MP "Coilovers" or HAS system. I think you're correct that KW manufactured for BMW---there's been a lot of speculation on the actual spring rates, etc.

Yes, more expensive; and, that's a personal choice. Again, the MP systems is working quite well.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Quote:
I am not sure any one but BMW knows the specs on their MP "Coilovers" or HAS system. I think you're correct that KW manufactured for BMW---there's been a lot of speculation on the actual spring rates, etc.

Yes, more expensive; and, that's a personal choice. Again, the MP systems is working quite well.
Hello, i have the KW HAS kit fitted and very happy with it, KW supplied BMW with the HAS kit under the MP brand, slight tweak in the spring rate and component colours, works exactly the same way, as Wulsg mentioned... M Tax makes it x 2 the price, for improved ride height and handling the HAS kit is a good product IMO
      02-10-2017, 04:28 AM   #12
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

Indeed no one know what they have or haven't done but they sure took a while to release them!

Same with ACS who use KW as base products but again they keep the specs private.