Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #1
chrison600
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

Titanium Intake Plumbing - BP vs RK

Hi all,

I've searched around and found a small bit of information about titanium charge pipes (and intake pipes) but not much so thought I'd post up a new topic. I'm considering a set of Ti charge pipes as well as intake pipes for my M4 and need input.

I currently have a Turner intake installed with the basic aluminum pipes and heatshields+carbon lids. I have in boxes a Mishimoto intake kit including charge pipes and intercooler. I'm disappointed they are made in China. As such, I'm looking for different options.

I see that RK Titanium offers charge pipes as well as intake pipes and I've emailed them about the possibility of making me some intake pipes that will integrate with the Turner shields.

I see that BP Engineering offers titanium charge pipes and a j-pipe. No intake.

RK manufactures in Washington state. I'm not sure where BP are made. Anyone know?

Anyone have stories or advice on titanium in general or these offerings in specific?

If the advice is to not go toward the titanium route, I'll probably go with Evolution charge pipes. That's the j-pipe I currently have since Mishi does not offer one. They are made in the US. I'm leaning toward a Wagner IC, so the Wagner pipes are in the mix too. Supposedly all of that is made in Germany.

Help?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 08:38 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Even though Mishimoto is made in China the quality and fitment are considered "great" by many.

I've seen custom RK Ti CPs and they're beautiful artwork.

I use silicone CPs and a Wagner TMIC. Wagner quality is excellent, but they're big. They still fit but it's tight.

If I had a full Mishi set then I'd use it.
      06-07-2021, 11:21 PM   #3
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

BP Engineering is Made in China. That's all I can say without causing any trouble.

RK Titanium is Made in the USA. Every charge pipe set is hand fabricated by the owner and operator. They are visually inspected for imperfections, and pressure tested at 40 psi for leaks.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 01:17 AM   #4
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Mishimoto charge pipes fit perfectly. China or not, they nailed the design and fitment as good as OEM.

Alternatively, you may want to consider Eventuri CF charge pipes if you want something made in Britain.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #5
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

+1 for testing to 40PSI
      06-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #6
BadM4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IND TANZANITE COMP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
BP Engineering is Made in China. That's all I can say without causing any trouble.

RK Titanium is Made in the USA. Every charge pipe set is hand fabricated by the owner and operator. They are visually inspected for imperfections, and pressure tested at 40 psi for leaks.
I’ve had bp engineering pipes before my RK ones. I sold my bp ones to my friend only reason I changed was that I could customize the RK ones. They both look great here are pics of both the both fit great no problems with either.
Attached Images

06-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #7
Jck M4
Registered
Rep
Drives: ‘20 M4

I’ll have the RK intake on mine this weekend
Appreciate 0