BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-24-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Glympse not working with iOS 9.x (iPhone 6)

With my iPhone 6 connected to the car with a lightning cable, I can see the Glympse app under the ConnectedDrive menu and I can start the app. On my iPhone I see the Glympse/BMW logo. So at first sight it seemd to be working but I cannot send a Glympse to anyone as I see access to address book denied.

How can I make Glympse work?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I figured out what was wrong and it was on my iPhone. I had to go to Settings => Privacy and grant Waze access to my contacts and my calendars.

I was able to send a Glympse to my wife but I cannot sent a Glympse by SMS / Text Message, only by e-mail otherwise I get the message invalid recipient(s).

Is there no way to sent a glympse by Text Message? Is it because it is the car that sends it out through the built in 4G LTE? If so, how come it is not send using the connected iPhone?
Appreciate 0