proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

01-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #45
1m4tr
Private
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunym
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1m4tr View Post
David
M4
DCT
Sakhir Orange
Cumming, GA

David - I saw this color combo sitting in the BMW Roswell showroom. It is STUNNING, pics dont do it justice. Congrats, and great choice!!
I saw my exact color combo turning out of my subdivision the other day. Did a double take and had to make sure mine wasn't stolen. Sucks that there is my same exact vehicle in my same darn neighborhood. Lol. There goes uniqueness.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #46
Fly4Tarpon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Sapphire Black/SO

Another M4 here in Cumming, Ga! Nice to see so many!
BSM
SO interior
M Performance exhaust, mirrors, spoiler, splitters, blah blah blah Name:  m46.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  279.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #47
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4Tarpon View Post
BSM
SO interior
M Performance exhaust, mirrors, spoiler, splitters, blah blah blah Attachment 1143288
Nice car, Gratz and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #48
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Looks like we are going to need an F8X meet in the near future! Starting to build up a nice chunk of owners 'round here.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #49
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Looks like we are going to need an F8X meet in the near future! Starting to build up a nice chunk of owners 'round here.
Yup
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:52 AM   #50
meauxdogs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Fly4Tarpon - Beautiful car...but sorely in need of orange reflector delete. It is a b!tch to remove the stock reflectors--special M-strength glue it seems--but very much worth it.

When are we all going to meet up? We seem to be getting critical mass in the ATL area...although everyday I seem to encounter a car enthusiast viewing their very first M3/M4 in the wild.

The amount of compliments I get on my M4 every single day are overwhelming. This my 6th M3/4, and in 3 months of ownership I swear I've gotten more positive comments on this car than all 5 prior M3s combined in 16+ years on those cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #51
1m4tr
Private
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4Tarpon
BSM
SO interior
M Performance exhaust, mirrors, spoiler, splitters, blah blah blah Attachment 1143288
Gorgeous car!!! Very well done.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #52
Fly4Tarpon
Enlisted Member
Rep

meauxdogs- I cant agree more. That was my next planned mod along with the black out side gills. Thanks all for the compliments
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #53
meauxdogs
Private
Rep

I have the EAS valve control on order (got my UPS shipment confirmation earlier today, so should have it installed early next week--in NOLA this weekend) and I have a lot of clear bra and cQuartz/Modesta on my car--applied by Detailed Design Auto Spa. I'm know a lot of people are interested in the clear bra appearance, and I'm sure some people want to see a guinea pig on the valve control, so just PM me if anyone wants to meet up. Or we can do a larger ATL group meet if someone wants to organize that. I know I would really like to hear some alternatives to stock exhaust. Would also like to see some lowering spring options. Preferably Eibach (I had on an e46) or Swift springs (I had on an e92) and really liked both, but those seem to be pipe dreams made of unobtainium and crafted by unicorns...so H&R or KW HAS would do for now.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 07:16 AM   #54
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

would be great for a meetup.

Jim
M4
YMB
6MT
Augusta

01-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #55
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by meauxdogs View Post
I have the EAS valve control on order (got my UPS shipment confirmation earlier today, so should have it installed early next week--in NOLA this weekend) and I have a lot of clear bra and cQuartz/Modesta on my car--applied by Detailed Design Auto Spa. I'm know a lot of people are interested in the clear bra appearance, and I'm sure some people want to see a guinea pig on the valve control, so just PM me if anyone wants to meet up. Or we can do a larger ATL group meet if someone wants to organize that. I know I would really like to hear some alternatives to stock exhaust. Would also like to see some lowering spring options. Preferably Eibach (I had on an e46) or Swift springs (I had on an e92) and really liked both, but those seem to be pipe dreams made of unobtainium and crafted by unicorns...so H&R or KW HAS would do for now.
Why are you getting the valve controller? Are you getting downpipes? I have the MPE and would love to see that controller if you want to meet up. You can hear my exhaust.

Im gonna do Akra downpipes and I'm guessing that controller shortly.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #56
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meauxdogs View Post
Does that allow you to manipulate the stock exhaust valves on command?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #57
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does that allow you to manipulate the stock exhaust valves on command?
Yes and clear CEL from o2s if you do downpipes. It's $499 and installs near the OBDII port in a hidden fashion.

You hold the option button above auto head lights for couple seconds to swap it between open/closed/oem function.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #58
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yes and clear CEL from o2s if you do downpipes. It's $499 and installs near the OBDII port in a hidden fashion.

You hold the option button above auto head lights for couple seconds to swap it between open/closed/oem function.
Wow...that is cool but damn that is expensive. Maybe I'm jut a cheapskate but there has to be a cheaper way to manipulate the valves. We already have them and the electronics. It isn't like we are adding QTP cutouts (which would be priced around that).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #59
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow...that is cool but damn that is expensive. Maybe I'm jut a cheapskate but there has to be a cheaper way to manipulate the valves. We already have them and the electronics. It isn't like we are adding QTP cutouts (which would be priced around that).
Yeah it should be no more then like $200 but I've found if you bitch about price on here you're called cheap.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #60
Fly4Tarpon
Enlisted Member
Rep

If saying something is overpriced for the perceived value is called "cheap".... then I'm cheap. Even if I pay it because I want it bad enough, I have the right to bitch!
M performance exhaust: Love the sound... made a nice difference. Too damn expensive! Carbon fiber finishing tips? Dont get me started! Ripofffffff!
M carbon fiber parts: some of them are decent value, like the rear spoiler. Its a NICE piece! The mirrors? ripoff spitters? ripoff black kidney grills? decent value.... There! I said it and I bought ALL of them.... Call me cheapcheapcheap!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #61
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4Tarpon View Post
If saying something is overpriced for the perceived value is called "cheap".... then I'm cheap. Even if I pay it because I want it bad enough, I have the right to bitch!
M performance exhaust: Love the sound... made a nice difference. Too damn expensive! Carbon fiber finishing tips? Dont get me started! Ripofffffff!
M carbon fiber parts: some of them are decent value, like the rear spoiler. Its a NICE piece! The mirrors? ripoff spitters? ripoff black kidney grills? decent value.... There! I said it and I bought ALL of them.... Call me cheapcheapcheap!
M tax. I got the exhaust too but got a decent deal. I got a great deal on my other m perf items. But still a lot.

Its hard to pay $500 for this when JB4 is only $200 more and adds 60hp in stg1 form. They need to add valve control to JB4.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #62
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I ordered Macht Schnell's exhaust valve control module as well, it should be here today. I would rather try this thing over using Awron, which cost more and would be eating up a vent hole. Hopefully Ups shows up early today and not at freaking 6pm.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #63
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Villain View Post
I ordered Macht Schnell's exhaust valve control module as well, it should be here today. I would rather try this thing over using Awron, which cost more and would be eating up a vent hole. Hopefully Ups shows up early today and not at freaking 6pm.
You just want to be able to leave it open? Is that the point?

The only reason I would get this thing would be so I can downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #64
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
You just want to be able to leave it open? Is that the point?

The only reason I would get this thing would be so I can downpipes.
Well right now my valves are open from the unplugged mod, but I would like to plug them back up for two reasons. Cold start in early morning and hwy driving; now that the exhaust is at 4k miles it has gotten really loud. The downpipe option is now just a plus as I wasn't aware of that "delete". And I just went to the kitchen, and saw the box came. Now I guess it's time to look at downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #65
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Got the module installed, took alittle time, the connector was a bitch. And I ended up installing my diffuser as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #66
meauxdogs
Private
Rep

Going with valve control for...the ability to control the valves.

The stock exhaust sounds really good (but ONLY when the car warms up) with the valves fully open at all RPMs, especially at low RPMs when the stock auto mode would close the valves and shut the sound off. When it is cold, the valves open mode is unbearable. In the parking garage at my office it sounds like Dale Jr. is firing up his Chevy. I just can't have that going on. And starting the car in the morning at my house...well, it's a good thing I go to work later than most, or else my neighbors would probably let the air out of my tires.

$495 may be a bit much, but $1,000 cheaper than Awron with valve control, and that is the only other option I have seen. With the ability to close the valves when the car is cold, I'm perfectly happy to keep the stock exhaust for now for what sounds like a very expensive upgrade once you leave the valves fully open. At this point, the only thing that makes me really want to go aftermarket is that the stock tips are pitiful looking, and the stock can is as ugly as BMW could have possibly designed.
Appreciate 0