European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #309
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Isn't Chris Harris and Top Gear from Europe? Or is Brexit official and it is just England/Great Britain now?
Produced by BBC America and mostly geared to the American market.
Interesting to know that Chris Harris has been banned by both Ferrari and Lamborghini at some point for trashing their cars as well.
Was not thinking about that but brexit is basically official. BMW is actually cancelling plans to build a factory there for the next generation Minis. Big loss of jobs! Lots of finance companies fleeing the country as well.
They asked for it!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #310
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Produced by BBC America and mostly geared to the American market.
Interesting to know that Chris Harris has been banned by both Ferrari and Lamborghini at some point for trashing their cars as well.
Was not thinking about that but brexit is basically official. BMW is actually cancelling plans to build a factory there for the next generation Minis. Big loss of jobs! Lots of finance companies fleeing the country as well.
They asked for it!
I would think that means he is not afraid to be unbiased. Not to get into politics, but I do agree Brexit was a mistake.

The F80/82 has been polarizing since they came out so I guess the ultimate version of it is going to be even more so.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #311
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
What is interesting is that all reviews in Europe were great. Some by very famous race car and rallye drivers.
I don't know if there is any correlation but you cannot touch that car for less than $200,000 there (up to $250,000 right now) and still going up.
Reality TV is big here and trashing a good car will give you ratings!
Time will tell...
Whoever owns one knows how great it is. That is all that counts...
... And those were on the BMW payroll. FYI, just in case you didn't know

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #312
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

The fast ones....

Vs the slow ones...oh, If anybody did forget, M4 GTS (1.33.17min) is right up there with GT3 991. Track is ca. 3.7km, same PRO driver on all cars. R compound on cars marked with the asterix*

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #313
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Unknown GT4 View Post
You could listen to who ever you like, I driven my car high and low on tracks, different aero mode. Not only do I feel full aero help in dry very much In rain, but I also got the data. In SPA big difference full aero rearwing nr.3 vs even nr.2. Like I drive alot in rain at setting nr. 2 and then nr. 3 rearwing. Instant gains In gripp in rain! Chris never test different anything. All same aero, (no aero mode)
Chris only high. I got more data than Chris and Clarkson all together on these matters! You seen that I use racelogic products datalogging. I do not drive one lap on tracks whit out It. Hence Its not just my feelings that speek. (...)

Then throw In to the mix that I use racelogic since they first let the driftbox on the market. So I accually do not care what ever people listen to. I just let my experience from GTS come out here. You do what ever you like whit It, Icould not care less. Its just my opinions on a matter i know more about than most as they only read the magazine.
So forgive me for asking the obvious question, why not post the data to show these differences?

Without it it's all just talk, oftentimes hard to follow, and the more words you add the less convincing you are.

Post the darn data and silence all the critics.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #314
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

For me to know and for you to find out right😂. Get out on them tracks and drive now! Then ask your pal Chris to cover a fully track set up GTS vs the zero downforce street set GTS around any given GP track. Wow, he will then understand, and in the end you to.
Other than that, its not that I accually care If you dont understand the GTS
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      05-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #315
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For me to know and for you to find out right��. Get out on them tracks and drive now! Then ask your pal Chris to cover a fully track set up GTS vs the zero downforce street set GTS around any given GP track. Wow, he will then understand, and in the end you to.
Other than that, its not that I accually care If you dont understand the GTS
It would be excellent if we didn't resort to elementary school talk in lieu of arguments.

I think it's you who don't understand the situation. I couldn't care less about your GTS, really, I'm not interested in the car and never will be. Don't even rightly care how fast it is, hope it's all that it's cracked up to be and wish owners well from the bottom of my heart.

But this is an argument you've started. You opened a mini Pandora's box claiming incorrect results from a few online tests. It is you who insist making all sorts of claims about the difference in setups and the extra speed you can generate that way, but you've never posted any actual evidence to support it. We do think it makes some difference but not the massive one you say it does. Interestingly you'd be in a perfect position to shut everyone up, as an enthusiast GTS owner with lots of data logging.

Probably all just vaporware.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 2
Brake_Late1936.50
CanAutM321115.00
      05-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #316
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduder View Post
Look, the guy owned the f80. He likes that car. The dude knows what he's talking about and knows how it could have been or should have been and it just fell short. It's not a BMW hate thing. He wanted to love this car. It just really fell short of the hype and price tag. And when you compare it to other cars in the same price range..... it just doesn't compare.
Nailed it.

The M4 GTS is just too similar to a saloon car, as he says. Its not special enough for the price tag.

The AMG is totally different than any other car they have. THink about it, in reality, the M4 GTS has a similar layout as a 40k 428i.....

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 2
Brake_Late1936.50
Seniorleb528.50
      05-25-2017, 01:54 AM   #317
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep

You pay to much attention to these GTS threads, come on...you want one right?

Oh well, what If we put this

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1387850

car 2cm up in the air (higher than It now sit) and take out almost all aero effekt proir to we hit the track🤔😂

You really think that would be a great ide😂
You think you get the best out of the car on track then, well No! It same with the M4 GTS, It will be far from its best If driven on track in zero aero street mode high up chassie 😂.

You are not stupid, I know deep inside you understand these things👍🏻

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
It would be excellent if we didn't resort to elementary school talk in lieu of arguments.

I think it's you who don't understand the situation. I couldn't care less about your GTS, really, I'm not interested in the car and never will be. Don't even rightly care how fast it is, hope it's all that it's cracked up to be and wish owners well from the bottom of my heart.

But this is an argument you've started. You opened a mini Pandora's box claiming incorrect results from a few online tests. It is you who insist making all sorts of claims about the difference in setups and the extra speed you can generate that way, but you've never posted any actual evidence to support it. We do think it makes some difference but not the massive one you say it does. Interestingly you'd be in a perfect position to shut everyone up, as an enthusiast GTS owner with lots of data logging.

Probably all just vaporware.

Last edited by Captain Unknown GT4; 05-25-2017 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #318
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

car 2cm up in the air (higher than It now sit) and take out almost all aero effekt proir to we hit the track🤔😂

You think you get the best out of the car on track then, well No! It same with the M4 GTS, It will be far from its best If driven on track in zero aero street mode high up chassie 😂.

Understanding the principle has nothing to do with quantifying the effect. You should understand that as well.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00
      06-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #319
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:

Understanding the principle has nothing to do with quantifying the effect. You should understand that as well.
Anyone wanting to buy a GTS less than sticker I have two available for right around $130k -
One White and one Grey
Attached Images

BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #320
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Gorgeous GT3 RS this weekend while instructing
Attached Images

BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0