Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #23
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessm View Post
I just got off the phone with the service manager (who only called because I asked my service advisor for the email of the general manager of the dealership).

She wanted the situation to be considered 'handled' because she 'wrote that technician up'. I told her that does nothing for me and the fact that my car was abused. Long story short, she said for me to get my rear tires replaced I'd have to bring my car back in for them to check the tread of my tires to see if new tires were needed. I told her my tires had over 7/32" of tread currently so that wasn't the point. It's not that I need new tires right this moment.

Nothing came of it so I'm emailing the general manager.

This was at BMW Advantage in Houston. Asshats
Exactly how it should be handled. Thanks for letting us know which dealership to stay away from.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 05:35 PM   #24
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the service manager (who only called because I asked my service advisor for the email of the general manager of the dealership).

She wanted the situation to be considered 'handled' because she 'wrote that technician up'. I told her that does nothing for me and the fact that my car was abused. Long story short, she said for me to get my rear tires replaced I'd have to bring my car back in for them to check the tread of my tires to see if new tires were needed. I told her my tires had over 7/32" of tread currently so that wasn't the point. It's not that I need new tires right this moment.

Nothing came of it so I'm emailing the general manager.

This was at BMW Advantage in Houston. Asshats
Really glad you mentioned the dealership as I was planning to take mine there in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #25
Blessm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Update:
The general manager was very apologetic and after seeing the footage offered compensation. He also did not think a new pair of PS4S was appropriate, but did agree to give me almost the cost of the tires in parts.
Appreciate 4
9M711233.50
omgf80207.00
Rokoz294.50
      08-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #26
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
Update:
The general manager was very apologetic and after seeing the footage offered compensation. He also did not think a new pair of PS4S was appropriate, but did agree to give me almost the cost of the tires in parts.
Thanks for the update!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #27
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Update:
What was the cost to them for the tires? Genuinely curious.

P.S. - Thanks for updating as well, 9/10 times we're left hanging.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 11:27 AM   #28
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Send the dash cam footage to the local police and have them written up for speeding, if you can't get compensated you can at least get even
      08-14-2020, 11:35 AM   #29
Blessm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Thank you to everyone for input as well.

I don't know the cost of tires to them, I would imagine it wouldn't have cost them that much more to have given me a new set of PS4S. It probably would've looked much better for them to have given the tires too, rather than saying no the footage doesn't show him burning that much rubber. But hey, I'm ok with the compensation.

I hate to say this, but despite him apologizing and compensating me, I likely won't return to them for service on my M3. If 3 technicians are that nonchalant about abusing customer cars (one speeding, the other two talking about drifting) then it is safe to assume this attitude is shared with more of their technicians.
Appreciate 2
      08-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #30
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
The test drive is warranted, in my opinion, to confirm the exhaust rattle was fixed.

However the conversation about drifting your car is upsetting to say the least. Not much that can be done about it though. Best decision is probably to report the incident and try to get your work done elsewhere in the future.

did you read what op wrote?

are you on drugs?
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #31
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

I’d bring your car back but next time keep the cam running the whole time. Meanwhile, take their loaner, drift it, burn out, rip the e-brake, and fill it up with only 89 octane when you’re done. I’d be livid if I were you.
Appreciate 1
9M711233.50
      08-14-2020, 03:21 PM   #32
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
The test drive is warranted, in my opinion, to confirm the exhaust rattle was fixed.

However the conversation about drifting your car is upsetting to say the least. Not much that can be done about it though. Best decision is probably to report the incident and try to get your work done elsewhere in the future.

did you read what op wrote?

are you on drugs?
Yes and no. Care to elaborate?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 07:36 PM   #33
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Yes and no. Care to elaborate?

i dont feel i need to. but you should definitely re-read his post.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #34
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
I’d bring your car back but next time keep the cam running the whole time. Meanwhile, take their loaner, drift it, burn out, rip the e-brake, and fill it up with only 89 octane when you’re done. I’d be livid if I were you.
89? that's generous. 87 for the realest m'fers
Appreciate 1