GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-10-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

P126B Code

Hello bimmerpost friends, got a drivetrain malfunction. Went to autozone and scanned the code and came out to be P126B Turbocharger wastegate solenoid shorted.

Won't be able to take my car in until Monday and couldn't find much info on the forums on this. Anyone deal with this before and know how major this is?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 02:37 PM   #2
drummajorc
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Had the same issue a few months back on a 2015 M4. If your car is an older one then very likely the wastegate actuator died and you need a new one. Better not drive it far if you can help it. The part is $400-500 and for the M cars is only available from BMW (even though it looks suspiciously similar to the OE replacements available for non-M cars).

It is the 3rd revision of the part and my dealer had 2 in stock so seems like a common issue. If you do it yourself it is pretty easy to get to after taking out the air filter. Also if replacing yourself, make sure you put the wastegate arm and nut back on the actuator in exactly the same position otherwise you may have calibration issues.
Appreciate 1
aliiin707.00
      12-16-2022, 02:07 PM   #3
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummajorc View Post
Had the same issue a few months back on a 2015 M4. If your car is an older one then very likely the wastegate actuator died and you need a new one. Better not drive it far if you can help it. The part is $400-500 and for the M cars is only available from BMW (even though it looks suspiciously similar to the OE replacements available for non-M cars).

It is the 3rd revision of the part and my dealer had 2 in stock so seems like a common issue. If you do it yourself it is pretty easy to get to after taking out the air filter. Also if replacing yourself, make sure you put the wastegate arm and nut back on the actuator in exactly the same position otherwise you may have calibration issues.
Yep exactly what it was, thanks for the reply. I have a 2018 and the shop said they haven't really seen this problem. Just complicated electronics breaking I guess. Ended up costing $1600 parts and labor.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 02:59 AM   #4
Dabeamerking
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m4

1600 lmfao. I would of done it for $700 flat. They finessed you. My god
Appreciate 0