BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

01-14-2023, 08:35 AM   #1
F80manz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 Comp 6MT

F82 Front Seat Range Limit

So my seats in my f82 hit the windshield if theyre brought to the fully forward position. I'm worried it may end up cracking it at some point. Anyone know how I would go about changing the maximum range of the seats? I have access to esys, ista+, and bimmercode. Options in any application would work for me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80manz View Post
So my seats in my f82 hit the windshield if theyre brought to the fully forward position. I'm worried it may end up cracking it at some point. Anyone know how I would go about changing the maximum range of the seats? I have access to esys, ista+, and bimmercode. Options in any application would work for me. Thanks!
Did you code in easy access? All you really need to do is to not sit so close to the steering wheel? One thing that is a bigger concern is the mirror in the visor. When you pull the seat forward to let people in the back in, if your seat is too high it will hit the mirror and crack it.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 03:24 PM   #3
F80manz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 Comp 6MT

I'm talking about when I use the button to move the seat forward to let people in the back out. If I was to click the button once, then the competition seat hits the windshield if I don't stop it before then or if I don't hold it down.
Appreciate 0