EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
Sandmansc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M3

1F2102 Drivetrain Malfunction BPM to BM3

2015 F80 6MT
For the last 40,000 miles car has had BPMSport tune, AA MP and SSR Intakes.

I decided to switch to BM3 so I could add VRSF DP and CP and have control over my car.

I downloaded the BM3 Software, picked a Stage 2 93 octane OTS map and flashed it.

Instantly received Drivetrain Malfunction and have no power. Car drove perfectly fine before this flash.

Other strangeness.
My sports display did show 560/560 now its 640/560.
My car now starts with GTS roar but with flaps closed. Even when in Sport+ they stay closed until the car has ran for a few minutes.
Car idles very rough for 20 seconds or so and acts like it is going to die.
Some strange noises in the exhaust as well guessing it's flappers vibrating.

Dzenan Becic from BM3 support has been great so far but I'm past 24 hours without a car and thought I'd check to see if anyone else knows a solution.

So far BM3 has told me to flash to stock. Apparently flashing to stock isnt flashing to "REAL STOCK" as they say in this post below.

On Bimmerpost this issue has apparently been very common and the only fix is for BM3 to remote into my car and do some manual coding. People have tried to flash from VF tuning, Hex and others, to BM3 and everyone gets this code.

1F2102

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1620779[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

- 8 UR V8 -

www.AppalachianDrive.Club
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
terahertz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 AW

Some other tunes basically change the type of your car to identify as something else, like a GTS for example. You most likely need to use the original tuner to flash back to stock.

BM3's stock file is the stock file for whatever your car identifies as. If your car is identifying as GTS, it will flash a stock GTS file. You probably have a drivetrain malfunction and no power because you don't have the FSC code for GTS and/or the water injection system.

After returning to real stock, BM3 should be able to reset your account and you can sign up again, where it will detect your car correctly this time.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
Sandmansc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terahertz View Post
Some other tunes basically change the type of your car to identify as something else, like a GTS for example. You most likely need to use the original tuner to flash back to stock.

BM3's stock file is the stock file for whatever your car identifies as. If your car is identifying as GTS, it will flash a stock GTS file. You probably have a drivetrain malfunction and no power because you don't have the FSC code for GTS and/or the water injection system.

After returning to real stock, BM3 should be able to reset your account and you can sign up again, where it will detect your car correctly this time.
I don't have access to the BPM software. I have their tune and cable. (Came w the car).

They wanted 250 to transfer the software license to me, more money to send me the tune and stock map for my car. More money to edit it.

That's why I switched to BM3.

Update. I'm home now and connected to the car. BM3 is removing in to fix. I'll keep ya posted.

- 8 UR V8 -

Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Found this is the norm on VF-flashed cars going to BM3.

We have to flash the stock file beforehand (outside of BM3 portal) to fully return to stock, as the DMEs were identifying as GTS.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      01-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
Sandmansc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

We have to flash the stock file beforehand (outside of BM3 portal) to fully return to stock, as the DMEs were identifying as GTS.
Sadly I'm not a mechanic or a tuner. I can drive.

I wouldn't know where to start to get back to stock.

But!! BM3 remoted in and did it. Now everything works great. Shout out to Serge.

- 8 UR V8 -

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 12:31 AM   #6
S55freak
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmansc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

Sadly I'm not a mechanic or a tuner. I can drive.

I wouldn't know where to start to get back to stock.

But!! BM3 remoted in and did it. Now everything works great. Shout out to Serge.
I know this thread is old.. but im literally having the same issue as you. How did u fix this!? Did bm3 have to do something on their end? I flashed my bm3 tune for the first time n boom car started up with that code n wont go away regardless if i flash back to "stock" bm3 tune and i can clear it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 06:58 PM   #7
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

As long as you flashed BPM back to stock before using BM3 you should be good. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 5min and check again. If still a problem reinstall the tune again. Try that.
      12-12-2022, 12:48 PM   #8
Stutune
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I had the exact same issue last week. I didn't know the car (2016 BMW F80) was flashed with a BPM Sport tune. Bought the car from a BMW dealership back in May of this year. Purchase BootMod stg 1 and noticed my gear indicators were not showing any I had no rev match settings in the tune. My oil level said low as well. Car drove like crap with no boost. When I flashed back to the stock tune it went into limp mode with the error 1F2102
All other OTS maps flashed had no codes but drove like crap. Worked with BootMod Support and they remoted into my PC with the files they sent me to download and fixed everything. Great Service!!!
Appreciate 0