proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Trutchy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

YMB F80 delivered to dealership in Dubai

I first told my dealer I wanted to order an m3 last September, so I get the first car in UAE!! They only just confirmed my order for next September delivery.

But heyho the 2nd car is delivered in Dubai today and I have another 3 months to wait! There as also been several in Abu Dhabi. So what is my money not good enough? Or should I have bribed someone!!?

Does seem like BMW German is not to happy with these deliveries and a delivery embargo has been issued to the dealers, date wasn't specified.

On the plus side I got to see YMB in the flesh. It does look better in real life with a fine metallic finish giving almost a two tone effect in the sun. (Like mineral White does)

However that said it's not for me, but had to be 100% sure. It's too light and is not a True Yas blue if you ask me.

If it was a few shades darker I would have been sold .

Enjoy the pictures!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

NM, pics showing up now.
      04-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutchy View Post
On the plus side I got to see YMB in the flesh. It does look better in real life with a fine metallic finish giving almost a two tone effect in the sun. (Like mineral White does)
Thanks for the shots

I like the color on these ones. So I'll really stick to it!
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Silly BMW, their problem is the first embargo and late press drives not these early deliveries if they want to control initial reviews. Adding another embargo is just slowing cash flow in the whole chain and is an irritation for customers and fans.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Great photos - very true to life I'd say.

I wonder how many escaped or will escape to customers before BMW's threats are heard and adhered to. I really can't figure why they are delivering cars this early if they don't want them in customer hands. Never heard of anything quite like it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
accce
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SBM/BLK EXT CC Brakes

How are these getting out?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
nice pics, thanks for taking them and sharing!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
F82_M4
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

i feel you bro, i have ordered my m4 from abudhabi months ago, and still dont have pricing nor delivery dates. and tbh i hate all the salesmen in dubai, they are idiots and always giving false information about cars, thats where i come and correct them, and last time i checked if its possible to put a deposit on an m3 in dubai, they said we dont have any info on the car, and now this is the first delivery, like wth you dont want my money or what ?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

nice pics, this looks pretty close to the actually color for sure.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #10
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

The title of this thread is misleading. So the OP did not take delivery then? Also is it true that BMW told dealers to stop delivering the new cars?? Would this be a first?

Weird. :

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #11
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The title of this thread is misleading. So the OP did not take delivery then? Also is it true that BMW told dealers to stop delivering the new cars?? Would this be a first?

Weird. :
yeah I agree..... I think there is a lot of speculation in that last part for sure. I am not a conspiracy theory guy though, so what do I know?

it looks like someone else took delivery of the second m3 in Dubai, which is YMB
      04-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #12
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Yes they seem to have stopped this now.
As they were getting calls and e-mails asking about their cars being released early. (Who was it here?)
Bimmerpost and the rest of the worlds press know the car (s) are driven this coming week.

Out with BMW and BMW M I know there is only one special Bavarian who is the first M4 owner and always the first M. Customer.
      04-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #13
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes they seem to have stopped this now.
As they were getting calls and e-mails asking about their cars being released early. (Who was it here?)
Bimmerpost and the rest of the worlds press know the car (s) are driven this coming week.

Out with BMW and BMW M I know there is only one special Bavarian who is the first M4 owner and always the first M. Customer.

Sooo, does that basically mean that somebody here ruined it?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #14
curehead
Second Lieutenant
Luxembourg
Rep

Here my speculation: abu dhabi broke the delivery embargo last week when it delivered (deliberately or through human error) a car early. Hence bmw is angry. Now dubai also delivered one as they say, if abu dhabi can, then we can.

Or, it is just a big marketing stunt and its all a set up.

Anyway, if an embargo was broken, then good. It was bound to happen. Believe bmw was just pushing out delivery and review dates out too much in relation to development completion, release announcement and production start
      04-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #15
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Sooo, does that basically mean that somebody here ruined it?
Sounds like what a bitter Magazine owner feeling betrayed would do rather than a bimmerpost member. Maybe they read bimmerpost
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #16
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Sounds like what a bitter Magazine owner feeling betrayed would do rather than a bimmerpost member.
haha true

im glad that a customer got it first
      04-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #17
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
haha true

im glad that a customer got it first
Absolutely, we already got so much info from UAE, I just hope he manage to scoop the direct or indirect corrupt pros. on real world test data as well by finishing the break-in before next week and for Jason to duck any pressure to stop and remove his feedback. I guess UAE can always start posting it on Facebook if the internet police come down on bimmerpost. Once a private person with internet connection has info that is not breaking any laws it can't be stopped.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutchy View Post

Does seem like BMW German is not to happy with these deliveries and a delivery embargo has been issued to the dealers, date wasn't specified.
If this is true, I'm deeply dissapointed in BMW. Unless there is something wrong with the vehicles, you don't stop vehicles in transit to owners - period. It's their own fault for messing with their marketing plan.

And another thing: UAE's reviews, photos, and information have possibly been the best viral marketing of a new BMW product I've ever seen. It speaks to the growing irrelevance of the large outlets too - and perhaps speaks to the fact that embracing early owner delivery, to the RIGHT owners, has more potential power (and less control) than carefully orchestrating and spending $100,000s flying journalists into a chosen spot.

If I was head of BMW M marketing, I would seriously question my team's efforts if they are spending huge budgets organizing these mega events while ignoring the power of a careful early delivery to a few select owners (preferably big M fans, or possibly a few "converts" from other brands).
Appreciate 4
      04-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #19
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
^ yeah, you have to wonder why someone over there isn't embracing the situation rather than trying to fight it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #20
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
If this is true, I'm deeply dissapointed in BMW. Unless there is something wrong with the vehicles, you don't stop vehicles in transit to owners - period. It's their own fault for messing with their marketing plan.

And another thing: UAE's reviews, photos, and information have possibly been the best viral marketing of a new BMW product I've ever seen. It speaks to the growing irrelevance of the large outlets too - and perhaps speaks to the fact that embracing early owner delivery, to the RIGHT owners, has more potential power (and less control) than carefully orchestrating and spending $100,000s flying journalists into a chosen spot.

If I was head of BMW M marketing, I would seriously question my team's efforts if they are spending huge budgets organizing these mega events while ignoring the power of a careful early delivery to a few select owners (preferably big M fans, or possibly a few "converts" from other brands).
+1.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #21
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

+1

Indeed. The reviews from that first owner have turned naysayers into believers, and revived faith in the new car (..for those who didn't have any).
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #22
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:

Someone in Pennsylvania knows what's up. BMW PR (and, in fairness, all of automotive press) is still acting like it's 1999 with all of these junkets and embargoes.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0