Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts

01-05-2022, 10:20 PM   #1
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Authentic Status Gruppe Carbon Fiber Diffuser

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
This is the product I have for sale: https://statusgruppe.com/product/bmw...-finned-style/. It's the 2x2 CF Weave and retails for $850.

This diffuser covers the exhaust can so you can't see it from standing eye level or from a car behind you. That's the main reason I bought it. The only reason I am selling is that I am selling the car.

The diffuser is in great, like new condition. There are a couple of small scratches where the diffuser attaches to the bumper - you can't see them when the unit is installed. The first photo shows the diffuser with larger than stock exhaust tips - the other photos show the OEM Black Chrome exhaust tips. They fit great with either.

It is also authentic carbon fiber unlike many of the other diffusers sold here (by vendors as well) or on AliExpress or Amazon. You can tell the difference looking at the backside of real CF diffusers (this one, OEM BMW) and the ones that have more fiberglass. In the photos, the one I am selling has the badge and is the one at the top. The other one is a unit my friend bought from one of the vendors here which was sold as real CF.

I expect shipping to be around $50 but can confirm once I know zipcode of buyer. If you want a full length diffuser, you can buy the extensions directly from Status Gruppe (they are pricey as is this diffuser when bought new).

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
bmwtrix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3 6MT

PM Sent!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Izzmeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #4
duman81
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83 ZCP

Pm sent
      01-16-2022, 04:31 PM   #5
bmwtrix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3 6MT

Still for sale???
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 10:54 PM   #6
Izzmeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep

SCAM ALERT!!!

I messaged Fidozoom about the diffuser and got a message from someone named IReality. Didn't pay much attention. Guy asked for $700 shipped and was real pushy. Today he messaged me again at $300, which is what he says he can do. Be careful, wants Zelle and no PayPal. His number is: 9782374788. Think this guy is lurking the forums pretending to sell other people's stuff. Just looking out, make sure the user is Fidozoom and of course use PayPal.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #7
CaTalyst.X
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, Lotus Evora GT

I'm interested in this if it is available
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #8
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzmeister View Post
I messaged Fidozoom about the diffuser and got a message from someone named IReality. Didn't pay much attention. Guy asked for $700 shipped and was real pushy. Today he messaged me again at $300, which is what he says he can do. Be careful, wants Zelle and no PayPal. His number is: 9782374788. Think this guy is lurking the forums pretending to sell other people's stuff. Just looking out, make sure the user is Fidozoom and of course use PayPal.
Thanks for the heads up Izzmeister . The best way to secure our transaction is for you to PM me and wait for my reply to that message. That way you know you are talking to me.

I am sorry I haven't been very responsive to PMs - I had a very busy week at work. Right now I am waiting for you Izzmeister to confirm that you still want. When I took the diffuser off I found a couple of scratches and I took some more photos here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqt9N6EPV4G0gsQ7...zg21w?e=5TBD2U

I am still asking for $300 because you can't see any of these when the diffuser is installed. I am also asking for Venmo because it works like cash. You can check out the transactions I've done here with the itrader comments. I paid $2600 for wheels over venmo.

I am also happy to share my linkedin profile and my phone number over PM if that gives you more confidence.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 03:08 AM   #9
akkordn2u
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

All the posts out there with people getting scammed regardless of iTrader and contact info and you're still asking for Venmo? It doesn't work like cash it's the exact same as PayPal except there is no recourse for scamming through Venmo. How is it like cash when you still need to link to a bank account and can still transfer funds P2P without depositing which PayPal also does?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #10
Izzmeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm definitely interested but can only use PayPal. I don't think there is a hold time either but if there is it's not long. Can't wait a few days for $300? I've been burned before using Cash app, Venmo, etc. if you will take PayPal I'm ready, if not - GLWS
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #11
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkordn2u View Post
All the posts out there with people getting scammed regardless of iTrader and contact info and you're still asking for Venmo? It doesn't work like cash it's the exact same as PayPal except there is no recourse for scamming through Venmo. How is it like cash when you still need to link to a bank account and can still transfer funds P2P without depositing which PayPal also does?
So what's the recourse for a seller if the buyer decides they don't want the product? They can just open a claim with PayPal and PayPal will hold funds from the seller?

I am going to look for a local buyer and if there isn't one I'll consider doing PayPal and taking the risk.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #12
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzmeister View Post
I'm definitely interested but can only use PayPal. I don't think there is a hold time either but if there is it's not long. Can't wait a few days for $300? I've been burned before using Cash app, Venmo, etc. if you will take PayPal I'm ready, if not - GLWS
It's not the few days to receive funds that I am worried about. It's the possibility for the buyer to raise a claim simply if they don't like the product and having the funds withheld. To be honest this has never happened to me but I have heard this as a reason why I had to pay by Venmo for the things I've bought on this forum including $2600 for a set of wheels.

Anyway I am going to wait for a few days to see if there is a local buyer and if not I can sell with PayPal.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 11:03 AM   #13
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So, anybody in the Seattle area interested in this? I can meet as north as Everett and as south as Tacoma.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 01:55 AM   #14
akkordn2u
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
So what's the recourse for a seller if the buyer decides they don't want the product? They can just open a claim with PayPal and PayPal will hold funds from the seller?

I am going to look for a local buyer and if there isn't one I'll consider doing PayPal and taking the risk.
I hear you but with good pictures and transparency on the listing you can avoid this more often than not. I have a proposition for you so I’ll DM you about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #15
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I haven't been able to find a local buyer so I am open to taking Paypal for this and shipping it. It's all packed up and ready to go. You can see more pictures and the packaging here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqt9N6EPV4G0gsQ7...zg21w?e=DtQy7b

As its all ready to go, I can ship out the same day I get payment on Paypal.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 06:12 PM   #16
Izzmeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
I haven't been able to find a local buyer so I am open to taking Paypal for this and shipping it. It's all packed up and ready to go. You can see more pictures and the packaging here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqt9N6EPV4G0gsQ7...zg21w?e=DtQy7b

As its all ready to go, I can ship out the same day I get payment on Paypal.
Pm sent
Appreciate 0