Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
m3anest_f80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SOLD:2016 ZCP F80 M3 MG

Whinning/Siren Noise Coming from Under Carriage

Alrighty...so ever since I got my downpipes installed I've been hearing weird noises that have just been eating away at me. At first I had a rattle, when the RPMs were coming down on a downshift which eventually went away after 3 days. I am assuming this was part of the break-in process which ultimately changed the note of my exhaust to a more refined one. So I got rid of one problem but last sunday I started hearing a loud whining high pitch noise coming from the outside of the car. It seems like it is coming from the the DCT area.

The whinning noise is very noticeable when the car is warming up or even at idle. I also noticed that when I go in the car and I am in neutral the noise seems to lower itself but when I put the car in Reverse or even engage it into first the noise seems to get really loud.

Ive tried to do my own research on this issue but I've noticed that many people say its from the DCT and its normal while others say its an issue with the Rear Diff. I do have the recall on my rear diff so Im also wondering if this issue is related to that.

I am posting a link of a noise very similar to what I am hearing below...

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
Rogue///M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White BMW F80 M3

My car does something similar and it's a manual
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 01:24 AM   #3
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country