Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-02-2021, 12:38 AM   #45
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
Right. Cause we all bought our cars to enjoy them doing only 55mph on the highway. We're all adults, obviously with enough brains and skills to be successful in life enough to buy and enjoy toys like these. If these guys raced their 2 cars, under what I'm sure are safe conditions because (sic), you know, they are Adults, to enjoy themselves, we really need some douche to preach about driving fast is bad and racing should be only on the track. Pull the stick out of your ass and live a little. Life is short. But I guess they didn't know that without preacher man giving his 2 cents.
Hahahahaha! Who's the "preacher man"?

"But mah rights..."

P.S. I enjoy my M4 fully at the track, where it's legal. Street racing is illegal everywhere in the entire country, and in some locations carries a "special circumstances" charge in case of a death. But sure, take your chances, go ahead and defend illegal street racing in a public forum...

How the hell old are you anyway? You imply that you're "successful". Got a wife, kids, house, good job? Are you ready to throw all that away street racing someone you probably don't even know or for "cred" in this forum? Think hard about that one.

P.S. I'm still going for "more money than brains"...
Street racing in populated areas is incredibly irresponsible. Totally agree with you there.

However, if you live in the middle of America with nothing but sticks and twigs for miles, then a pull here and there won't hurt.

I still don't condone street racing in general but there are "safer" ways to do it.

It's still better than the street/freeway takeover crap we've been dealing with for the past few years where people get run over every weekend.
Right. I live in Nevada. No sticks or twigs here but plenty of rocks and sand. And miiiiiiles of deserted paved hi way and back roads. Public roads I might add. It's way safe to have a little fun as long as you use your head.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #46
Gxmmtme
Rep
Drives: Car

Dude is going to meltdown when he realizes there is a sticky for 60-130 record times where a majority are done on... public roads.

Also dont murder me but while owning this car i have done some fast onramp pulls getting onto the interstate, i know more money than brains.

But seriously the general image of street racing in my head is basically youngsters being very unsafe and irresponsible with deadly results. Even though doing a 30-100 or 20 to speed limit contest on an empty highway is considered street racing it doesn't track the same to me as the planned street races or the idiots that race on more main crowded roads.

I personally do not and will not street race, just not my thing but i dont mind goosing it once in awhile. Imo the people who do race on the street just really need to stop racing when the race is obviously over.
Appreciate 4
      09-02-2021, 05:28 PM   #47
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Please post a link to verify that information. I've been to Germany and driven on the Autobahn 4 times between 1989 and 2018. On unrestricted sections of the Autobahn THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT! Three of those four times were during Euro Deliveries. The insurance documents provided to you at the BMW Welt when you pick up your car, good for 14 days, have no disclaimers about driving on the Autobahn or exceeding any kind of speed limit. I still have those documents.

In recent years that has been a push by the German Green Party to limit the speed limit on the Autobahn but has been met with widespread opposition.

Have you been to Germany? Have you driven on the Autobahn? Have you done Euro Delivery and seen the insurance documents? I'm guessing not.
Your ignorance is laughable.
I live in Germany. I drive on the autobahn 4 times a day, not 4 times in 30 years.
When on the autobahn you are required to drive reasonably, so although speed might unrestricted, if you happen to be doing 165 mph or 265 KPH and you wreck or kill somebody, you WILL be going to jail and insurance will not pay for shit.
I'm not going to go through my insurance policies that are in german and german road laws and translate them for you but a simple wikipedia search will verify that you are liable or become increasingly liable above 130kph.

I know that you thought you were doing nothing wrong and you came here to preach about others driving fast on public roads but you are in fact a huge hypocrite in this notion.

"On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. While driving faster is not illegal as such in the absence of a speed limit, it can cause an increased liability in the case of a collision (which mandatory auto insurance has to cover); courts have ruled that an "ideal driver" who is exempt from absolute liability for "inevitable" tort under the law would not exceed Richtgeschwindigkeit."
Appreciate 3
      09-02-2021, 06:41 PM   #48
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Quote:
Please post a link to verify that information. I've been to Germany and driven on the Autobahn 4 times between 1989 and 2018. On unrestricted sections of the Autobahn THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT! Three of those four times were during Euro Deliveries. The insurance documents provided to you at the BMW Welt when you pick up your car, good for 14 days, have no disclaimers about driving on the Autobahn or exceeding any kind of speed limit. I still have those documents.

In recent years that has been a push by the German Green Party to limit the speed limit on the Autobahn but has been met with widespread opposition.

Have you been to Germany? Have you driven on the Autobahn? Have you done Euro Delivery and seen the insurance documents? I'm guessing not.
Your ignorance is laughable.
I live in Germany. I drive on the autobahn 4 times a day, not 4 times in 30 years.
When on the autobahn you are required to drive reasonably, so although speed might unrestricted, if you happen to be doing 165 mph or 265 KPH and you wreck or kill somebody, you WILL be going to jail and insurance will not pay for shit.
I'm not going to go through my insurance policies that are in german and german road laws and translate them for you but a simple wikipedia search will verify that you are liable or become increasingly liable above 130kph.

I know that you thought you were doing nothing wrong and you came here to preach about others driving fast on public roads but you are in fact a huge hypocrite in this notion.

"On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. While driving faster is not illegal as such in the absence of a speed limit, it can cause an increased liability in the case of a collision (which mandatory auto insurance has to cover); courts have ruled that an "ideal driver" who is exempt from absolute liability for "inevitable" tort under the law would not exceed Richtgeschwindigkeit."
When this is translated in plain english, is it along the lines of "go fuck yourself old man who yells at clouds?"

In all seriousness street racing is foolish, doing pulls on an open free way is not, this is what the car is meant for.

If you are weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds you need to go fuck yourself, that's how you kill yourself and people.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2021, 09:15 PM   #49
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gxmmtme View Post
Dude is going to meltdown when he realizes there is a sticky for 60-130 record times where a majority are done on... public roads.
Public roads here in the U.S.? Everyone told me they were in Mexico when they did their 60-130 runs.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #50
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Public roads here in the U.S.? Everyone told me they were in Mexico when they did their 60-130 runs.
LMAO
      09-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #51
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Right. I live in Nevada. No sticks or twigs here but plenty of rocks and sand. And miiiiiiles of deserted paved hi way and back roads. Public roads I might add. It's way safe to have a little fun as long as you use your head.
Hey this is 100% accurate, I drove to Vegas from LA because it's quick and I found a TON of open / empty /perfectly paved road to push that pedal down a little harder on.