Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #155
tonymac1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i, 2011 E90 M3

Quick question, just bought the tune and was wondering is there anything on the user end to prepare( software, files,etc) before the tune? Or all i need is to make an appointment with Alex and once the cables are plugged in, all the processes take place on his end??(Not stateside so i'm concerned about the internet connection)
      02-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #156
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 m3 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
Quick question, just bought the tune and was wondering is there anything on the user end to prepare( software, files,etc) before the tune? Or all i need is to make an appointment with Alex and once the cables are plugged in, all the processes take place on his end??(Not stateside so i'm concerned about the internet connection)
I've been told by Alex that he will send me over the files when I'm ready and then I can upload them myself or let Alex upload them remotely.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #157
tonymac1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojawed View Post
Quote:
I've been told by Alex that he will send me over the files when I'm ready and then I can upload them myself or let Alex upload them remotely.
By remotely do you mean using teamview and he takes over your computer to do it?
If you upload it yourself, is there a specific tool or app you use when you connect the cables to the car?
      02-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #158
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
By remotely do you mean using teamview and he takes over your computer to do it?
If you upload it yourself, is there a specific tool or app you use when you connect the cables to the car?
I spoke to Alex a short while ago via whatsapp.
He's emailed me the application for my Windows laptop and the stage 2+ software file.
He also sent me a video for step by step instructions on how to backup my cars data and how to install the new tune.

In the parcel he sent a usb with teamview installed and he's told me to install that if I get stuck or if I'm not confident and he will do a remote flash.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #159
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

The OBD2 flash process should be very straight forward. Flash the tuned map, shut off car, turn ACC back on, then apply the other file to decrypt ecu? Basically you flash 1 large file and one small file.
2015 Black Sapphire F82 M4: Bootmod3 Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT TCU DIFF Flash / Remus Catback / VRSF Charge & J Pipe / MST Intakes / Mishimoto TMIC / RK Autowerks Crank Hub / Apex VS-5RS 19x9.5 ET22 19x10.5 ET45 / Powerflex Bushings / MSS HAS / Evolve x Bilstein B6 Damptronic / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Hotchkis Sways
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #160
tonymac1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
He's emailed me the application for my Windows laptop and the stage 2+ software file.
He also sent me a video for step by step instructions on how to backup my cars data and how to install the new tune.

In the parcel he sent a usb with teamview installed and he's told me to install that if I get stuck or if I'm not confident and he will do a remote flash.
Thanks!thats really helpful. Hopefully with the tutorial I can handle it myself. I don't have a garage so might be hard to get good internet connection while in the car with a laptop.
      02-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #161
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!thats really helpful. Hopefully with the tutorial I can handle it myself. I don't have a garage so might be hard to get good internet connection while in the car with a laptop.
Your motor tune can be loaded by yourself, with assistance from me, or I can remote in and do it for you/guide you.

Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance. You can text me at +13105600808. The process is very simple but if for any reason you are not comfortable doing it alone I am here to offer support.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #162
tonymac1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your motor tune can be loaded by yourself, with assistance from me, or I can remote in and do it for you/guide you.

Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance. You can text me at +13105600808. The process is very simple but if for any reason you are not comfortable doing it alone I am here to offer support.
Thanks! Now I'm clear with the whole process. By the way do I let you know in advance what coding I want or do I let you know during the session?
      02-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #163
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! Now I'm clear with the whole process. By the way do I let you know in advance what coding I want or do I let you know during the session?
Email me or text me we will discuss everything

Alex@alpinemss.com
+13105600808
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #164
ts-m5
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 -> F06 M6 -> F90 M5

I had a chance to dyno my car with stage 1

sorry, I couldn’t get results for “torque/rpm” because I couldn’t connect correctly to get signals for rev readings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M4_MLT38.50
      02-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #165
musseilm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Mineral Gray

Anyone here that went from VF Hex to Alex?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #166
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep

Hi
So I've had my m3 competition for a few months and decided I needed a tune. I initially looked at the JB4 as I previously had it on my n55 335i but decided it was too fiddly and my mechanical skills are poor. I then looked at a few UK based companies but decided against it as i wanted something i could flash on and off myself and currently most UK companies had the option of either stage 1 or stage 2. Currently I want to keep my stock downpipes and potentially decat later.

I started looking at the American section and noticed there were numerous tuners offering OBD flashing with various stages of tunes.

I read some positive reviews about Alex@alpine and after looking at his website and reading feedback about his tune I decided to purchase it....He is currently doing $100 off..

I ordered the tune and received the parcel 2 days later, the parcel had all the hardware I needed to flash my car. Alex then emailed me files with different stages of tune.

I went for the Stage2+ option and kept my stock downpipes.

Just for my own benefit I booked my car in at MSL Birmingham and my plan was to do a baseline dyno of my car then flash my car and then re-dyno it to see what gains my car would make.

So today I arrived at MSL at 3pm and the car was set up in the dyno and a baseline dyno was done.
I then jumped into the car, and loaded the alpine software.......I THEN MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.... I started flashing my car whilst the car was running. I realised a few secondseconds later and switched it off. I messaged Alex on WhatsApp and told him what I had done......He called me ASAP and stayed on the phone.*
Because of my cockup the car failed the flash after 10mins.....I was given advice by Alex and restarted the flash...at this point Alex did offer to connect remotely but I told him it wasn't necessary..yet...
Another painful 12minutes passed and then the flash was complete. This time it had competed successfully.

The car was then dyno'd again....And let's say it was pulling strong. Acid@MSL came over and we had a quick chat. He told me that it was the highest bhp he had seen on a m3/m4 without downpipes.
Unfortunately because of my cock-up we could only do 2 dyno runs and not the 3!

I then took the car and pulled out of MSL, they have quite a long straight outside there garage....let's say the car was a different animal now!

The next plan is to get the full gts software on my car and then re-dyno in a few weeks to see what the car makes after it has adapted.

I would personally recommend Alex and his tune to anyone with a m3/m4. Since I ordered he has been available via email and whatsapp to answer any queieries.

When the tune had failed and my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree, he stayed calm and talked me through what to do. Whilst inside I was bricking it.

I will add some pictures and the dyno printout shortly!
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #167
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Nice dyno curve
Appreciate 1
ts-m516.50
      02-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #168
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 1
ts-m516.50
      02-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #169
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

480HP with stock downpipes, very nice!

im gonna get my stage 2+ dyno with Downpipe and AA Mid tomorrow. Hoping for 500+ HP
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #170
carbon//m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 vert

Quote:

Nice!
Appreciate 1
ts-m516.50
      02-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #171
M4_CaptFlashheart
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 2018

jawed, i'm probably going to be doing the same in next couple days. Is your car a standard car and not GTS or CP etc? Mine is just straight M4 LCI, no mods. I was worried about going stage 2+ without downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #172
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 UAV View Post
jawed, i'm probably going to be doing the same in next couple days. Is your car a standard car and not GTS or CP etc? Mine is just straight M4 LCI, no mods. I was worried about going stage 2+ without downpipes.
My car is a 2017 LCI2 M3 competition.
I have stock downpipes. Before I went ahead with the flash I was advised by Alex that there is no issue with running the 2+ flash on stock downpipes.
About 20 minutes ago I used Alex@alpine for his remote coding and now have the gts coding on my car. SO can't wait to see how it drives tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #173
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f82 m4

Had my car tuned by alex! It so smooth!!! Got coded as well! CS edc is a must!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 01:33 AM   #174
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

finally got my DP installed today, paired along with AA midpipe and Drop in filters, Stage 2+ can breathe now. Their isn't any back pressure and the car HUMS during the middle and upper band causing my windshield to vibrate. Lower band power is not aggressive for traction purposes. But all in all, its a good daily complete package. Couldn't be more happy with the power, delivery, traction, daily driving characteristic of this tune. I will have a dyno this friday.

last 5 revs was sports then regular

Last edited by djpeetur; 02-24-2018 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #175
sleeprequired
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by =[monkey]= View Post
Had my car tuned by alex! It so smooth!!! Got coded as well! CS edc is a must!!!
Interest to know what EDC you were coming from. I had ZCP EDC and went to CS
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #176
ojawed
Private First Class
Rep

I had the gts coding done overnight by Alex.
Drive it this morning and there is a massive difference in the way the car drives.
The increase in bhp and the gts coding combine well and I would recommend it to anyone!
Appreciate 0