European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

05-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #1
ilovemym4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Question WTT: 2015 BMW M4, DCT, 61,xxx km (Ontario)

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 BMW M4 in mineral gray with DCT, factory navigation, carbon fibre roof, M-perf sport cloth(?). It has been in my possession since it had 8000 km. It now has about 60,500 km as of the time of this posting.

Owning an M vehicle has been something I have always worked hard for and when this opportunity came up, I just had to take it. I've enjoyed every single km I've put on this vehicle. I baby it, never abused, and only ever hand washed. It is not a primary daily driver for me and never has been; it spends its off days in a garage.

Now, being in my late 30's and talk of having kids seems to be in the cards... I need 4 doors but still want to keep my toy. The best way to keep a fun car and have kids is turn my M4 into 4 doors.

It has basically cosmetic mods, nothing done to the exhaust or engine, everything is bone stock with the exception of:

IND front and rear colour matched paint reflectors (also kept the OEM stocks)
IND gloss black full kidney grill (also have the chrome OEM stock ones)
IND black M4 trunk badge and
IND black M4 side badges

It came with carbon fibre rear diffuser from the previous owner which I believe he said it was RW Carbon. Fitment is 100% spot on.

I added OEM :
M-Performance Carbon Splitters,
OEM M-Performance matte black lip,
OEM M-Performance matte side skirts
OEM M-Performance rear decklid spoiler

All of these items were installed by Budds BMW Oakville where most of the servicing has been completed. Grand River BMW in Kitchener has also done some servicing.

All servicing is up to date, and has never been in an accident.

I do have BMW Appearance Protection which covers any parking lot dings/dents/ etc etc. This policy was used about 500 km to replace my OEM Windshield - this was done at Budds a few weeks ago.

Vehicle is in (near)perfect condition. There are no scratches dings or dents. I can point out a few things but overall this vehicle is in 9/10. Vehicle has not been involved in any major accidents, no Carfax, however I did replace my full front bumper out of pocket a few years ago. I'm scoring a 9 because there is some minor curb rash from the previous owner on the OEM rims.

I had planned on keeping this car for a very long time, but priorities change.

What I'm looking for in a low km F80 M3 2015-2017, preferably in Silverstone, or Mineral Gray (open to others too) but i'm looking for a black interior. I'm basically looking for a 4 door version of my basey car just to accomodate baby seats. I'm looking for an M3 that was equally babied like my M4 with no accident history.

I have some cash to make up the difference in value or one that happens to have a bit more equipment, just seeing what was out there and if anyone wanted a coupe. I know it's a long shot but I figured the forum guys would be the ones that most babied their cars.

Will post pics of my car

Cheers,

**Update: car pics now posted. Forgot to mention it has ceramic tinting, and it the whole vehicle has been ceramic coated. Also has the OEM rubber trunk liner/mat thing.
Attached Images

Last edited by ilovemym4; 05-06-2020 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: forgot equipment
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
VChenz
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Base

fellow parent (3 kids) here with an M3.

you may want to go test your car seats in a 3 series and see if your kids still fit with front seats positioned where they will ultimately be used.

my youngest (7) sits in a booster and with how those seats position the kids, she pretty much rests her feet on the back of my seat (im 5'11 btw). There's no way a full on baby seat would fit behind me.

i find kids generally don't fit comfortably in the back of most sedans unless you get into Camry/Accord/5 series/E class territory (essentially mid size). If you and your significant other are shorter, it may work for you.

now you have an excuse to get an M5
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
ilovemym4
Private First Class
Rep

Haha great excuse for an M5!

I appreciate your reply - We don't have kids yet, but we plan to within the next 12 months, so they'll just be little people

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #4
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VChenz View Post
fellow parent (3 kids) here with an M3.

you may want to go test your car seats in a 3 series and see if your kids still fit with front seats positioned where they will ultimately be used.

my youngest (7) sits in a booster and with how those seats position the kids, she pretty much rests her feet on the back of my seat (im 5'11 btw). There's no way a full on baby seat would fit behind me.

i find kids generally don't fit comfortably in the back of most sedans unless you get into Camry/Accord/5 series/E class territory (essentially mid size). If you and your significant other are shorter, it may work for you.

now you have an excuse to get an M5
X3M should be in your consideration.
You think SUV is high and not as fun as your M4 but you will be surprised once you are behind the wheel.
I did test drive X3M, and they were wayy better than I expected. Cannot be compared to my wife's X3 M40i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
ilovemym4
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for your input. I don't want to incur more debt, though I've seen a few X3M's on the road and they're really nice. I usually demo an SUV for work, but the car changes up pretty frequently and car seats in and out would be a pain in the ass.

Never really been an SUV guy until I had an Grand Cherokee SRT in my possession for a short while. They've definitely some a long way!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
jtothec
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I say you keep the M4! My wife and I had our first child last June and haven't had any issues so far. Like you, ours isn't a daily driver. With a rear facing child seat I can still fit comfortably in the seat in front (I'm 6'2) and while its obviously not ideal to get a baby seat in and out, I haven't found it terrible.

Until a second child rears its ugly head, I say its smooth sailing haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothec View Post
I say you keep the M4! My wife and I had our first child last June and haven't had any issues so far. Like you, ours isn't a daily driver. With a rear facing child seat I can still fit comfortably in the seat in front (I'm 6'2) and while its obviously not ideal to get a baby seat in and out, I haven't found it terrible.

The space isnt the only issue its the access in and out. I dont know how you coupe guys do it. Wait till winter when you need to reach in and put the seat belt on with all their winter gear.

Re the performance SUV, been there done that with a Macan GTS. Still got bored and came back to a sports sedan.

OP I think you are doing the right thing.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
ilovemym4
Private First Class
Rep

Updated Mileage Bump - 62,500 or so KM. Been enjoying it in the nice weather!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #9
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

If you dont own a second vehicle. I would like to recommend you to keep your M4 and get used SUV that would not hit your bank hard under 15-20k of value.

Would be more practical to have 2 different cars for different use.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 07:44 AM   #10
justus4
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothec View Post

The space isnt the only issue its the access in and out. I dont know how you coupe guys do it. Wait till winter when you need to reach in and put the seat belt on with all their winter gear.

Re the performance SUV, been there done that with a Macan GTS. Still got bored and came back to a sports sedan.

OP I think you are doing the right thing.
I've been driving a coupe as a DD my whole life and I have two kids (3 and 7). I've always been quite impressed with the utility of the M4. I think the rear leg room is on par with a compact sedan. The trunk is huge for a coupe. I can fit a lot of stuff in there, even a full sized cooler for summer picnics/BBQs.

Putting kids in the back is definitely annoying but I'm used to it. I'm pretty short (5"8) and nimble so I just climb into the back with the kids to help them buckle up. I find it easier than standing outside and twisting my back. It's a lot easier now that my older one is on booster seat and can buckle up herself. I just need to worry about the younger one. To me, the inconvenience is worth it(even with the long winters in Ontario) because I prefer the look of the M4. My wife has an SUV for longer trips so I don't see myself getting a sedan anytime soon.

OP, looks like your car is in great condition and you've babied it since day 1. Hopefully you can find an M3 with the same condition. I wouldn't trade it for anything less. I was in a similar situation a few years ago where I just wanted to trade my 5AT G37 for the "same car" but in 6MT. I looked for a few months and I just couldn't find anything up to my standard. Also the process of buying and selling is a lot of hassle unless I trade it in and eat the difference between wholesale and retail price. Even if I could find another person who wanted to do a straight trade with no money exchange, both parties would still need to pay tax. I just gave up in the end because I decided it wasn't worth it for essentially the same car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 04:18 AM   #11
jilixg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435

Hey, May I ask how much are you expecting from you car if you sell it.
Appreciate 0