EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #23
hellas203
Private
Rep
Drives: 1995 e 36 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas203 View Post
Don't know off the top of my head but try the driver door jam. Should be on the arm there should be a vin number there.
Re-read post #1
Hey I'm trying to help man, if not then I'll stay silent and you can go ahead bud👍
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #24
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Don't know off the top of my head but try the driver door jam. Should be on the arm there should be a vin number there.
Re-read post #1
Hey I'm trying to help man, if not then I'll stay silent and you can go ahead bud
Not sure how telling OP to look in a location that the Original Post specifically states it isn't there helps anything.

Now, if OP stated "where can I find my VIN on the car", it might have been helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudCode View Post
Lastly another interesting find; both the VIN on the driver door and in the front windshield were gone.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #25
cionide
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

I live in Poland and have an EU spec car. The VIN on the windscreen looks just like mine. I DO have a VIN inside the door though. Don't bother running the VIN, it won't come up stolen. If it's a stolen car, what they do is they buy an M4 that has been burned to a crisp in a fire, or something that is 110% completely unsalvagable. They buy it just for the papers. They then steal another car and change the VIN to match the destroyed one.

That being said, This car, in my opinion, is not stolen. It was almost certainly hit somewhere on the driver's side. The fact the VIN is missing there suggests that the B pillar was repainted. If they ordered a new VIN sticker from BMW, it would say it's a duplicate on it, and a potential buyer would immediately know that the pillar has been repainted. Instead they put the tire thing. This way it doesn't look like it's missing and someone might just say 'oh I guess there's no vin here on EU spec cars'. Without seeing the car I can't say the extent of the damage. Someone could have backed into the door in a parking lot, or the car could have been hit so hard that the whole back half is welded on from another car. Keep in mind, that doors etc can be purchased used in the color of the car and not need to be painted, so the paint thickness would be correct.
      07-25-2019, 03:02 AM   #26
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

OP what's the update on this?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #27
MissMarple
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW M4

Hello, this vehicle is fraud in Germany. I can send you the criminal complaint. Please write me an email on c.zierke@gmx.de I hope I will hear from you. Many greetings Claudia
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #28
F80DXB
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
OP what's the update on this?
Did not proceed with purchasing the car despite it passing (with flying colors) a pre-inspection purchase with the authorized BMW dealership here in Dubai.

For me there were still too many unknowns with the car. And now more than a month later, it seems that the car had been sold twice in Germany. Once as a lease car and once to a dealership in Dubai - which will most likely result in the international warranty being revoked, as it is being criminally investigated in Germany.

Happy to have steered clear of it, but hoping that another car of similar spec shows up soon. It was gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #29
MissMarple
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wbs4y91080ac56261

Now I would be interested in the dealer in Dubai, maybe he tells me from whom he bought the vehicle. Then we will not sit on our damage. Please send me the name and maybe the website.

Thank you...
Appreciate 0