Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-10-2023, 07:10 AM   #1
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Replaced GHAS but system calibration failing - any idea?

Hi guys

I have just replaced the GHAS control unit in my f82 with a second hand unit. I coded the replacement GHAS via Esys as the CAFD file was missing, as expected due to vin mismatch. Coding seems to have gone fine and CAFD is now showing as expected.

I then attempted to calibrate the new GHAS via ISTA+ using the “repair regulated diff lock” service function, when executing the “GHAS control unit has been replaced” action however it isn’t successful and just says “system calibration failed”.

Does anyone have any ideas where I have gone wrong here?

Thanks
JP
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 08:30 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp73 View Post
Hi guys

I have just replaced the GHAS control unit in my f82 with a second hand unit. I coded the replacement GHAS via Esys as the CAFD file was missing, as expected due to vin mismatch. Coding seems to have gone fine and CAFD is now showing as expected.

I then attempted to calibrate the new GHAS via ISTA+ using the “repair regulated diff lock” service function, when executing the “GHAS control unit has been replaced” action however it isn’t successful and just says “system calibration failed”.

Does anyone have any ideas where I have gone wrong here?

Thanks
JP

Show us your faults - that maybe problem
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 03:06 PM   #3
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Show us your faults - that maybe problem
Very good point, so I actually suspect it’s my diff servo motor that’s the issue not the GHAS unit but I had easy access to a used working one so thought it was worth a try.

Would a faulty servo prevent the calibration from completing? Thinking about it I guess it would.

I’m not sure what the last error relates to, it wasn’t present earlier when I was attempting the calibration and ISTA is able to communicate with the GHAS 🤷‍♂️
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 05:58 AM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Very good point, so I actually suspect it’s my diff servo motor that’s the issue not the GHAS unit but I had easy access to a used working one so thought it was worth a try.

Would a faulty servo prevent the calibration from completing? Thinking about it I guess it would.

I’m not sure what the last error relates to, it wasn’t present earlier when I was attempting the calibration and ISTA is able to communicate with the GHAS 🤷‍♂️
Temperature sensor exactly like fault says
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 07:18 AM   #5
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Temperature sensor exactly like fault says
Which is part of the servo motor itself right? I have a new one on the way but won’t be here until next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 06:26 PM   #6
HaidarKA
Rep
Drives: 15’ M4

Quote:
Which is part of the servo motor itself right? I have a new one on the way but won’t be here until next week.
Did you solve the problem?
Appreciate 0