Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Lightbulb Factory BMW Individual Colors, Interior and Trim Info for US F80 M3 / F82 M4

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've just heard from BMWNA:

Quote:
Moonstone Metallic is available on the M4 Cv as a special order, and will be a Priority 1 paint in the coming months ... Pricing is $1950 MSRP, and we are currently booking special orders in the last week of August ... please have your Client Advisor reach out and [we] will supply them with the paperwork that is required.
This is true for the following exterior colors (subject to change and confirmation via BMWNA):

Paint - $1950:
  • X13 - Pyrite Brown metallic
  • X12 - Smoked Topaz metallic
  • S34 - Azurite Black metallic
  • X10 - Tanzanite Blue metallic
  • X04 - Moonstone metallic

Interior leather - $2300:
  • Merino Opal White
  • Merino Gold Brown
  • Merino Nutmeg
  • Merino Cohiba Brown
  • Merino Amaro Brown

Interior Trim - $1080:
  • Piano Finish Black Trim
  • Red Sycamore Trim
  • White Ash Grain White Trim

Name:  f80-m3-f82-m4-individual-colors.jpg
Views: 42667
Size:  97.5 KB

Here's the order process I was told to follow:
  1. Pick your catalog Individual Color - price will be $1950
  2. Inform your client advisor it's a Priority 1 paint and ask that they reach out to BMWNA VIP ordering for the paperwork and details
  3. Confirm your order spec and enjoy!

EDIT: This configurator (for the 'vert) has the individual colors - just click the "individual" tab

If you want any color that's not on the list above, subject to approval by BMWNA, it's $5000

EDIT: Individual interior extended is available (i.e., the lesser version of "full" as listed above)
$700

Credit to @DslDWG

Announced for Spring 2015...

New Individual exterior colors:
Frozen Black metallic
Frozen Silver metallic
Frozen Red metallic
Frozen Brilliant White metallic

New Individual interior options (were available but not published):
Merino fine grain leather in
Opal White
Amaro Brown
Golden Brown
Cohiba Brown
Nutmeg

BMW Individual all-leather black upholstery with contrasting stitching in
Sakhir Orange
Yellow
Blue
Silverstone

AND! "a colour-matched leather-covered BMW Individual instrument panel."

Quote:
New BMW Individual options for the BMW M3 Sedan, the BMW M4 Coupe and the BMW M4 Convertible.
The extended range of BMW Individual equipment options available ex factory offers additional possibilities of combining the outstanding performance of the BMW M3 Sedan, BMW M4 Coupe and BMW M4 Convertible with a particularly exclusive charisma. From March 2015, there will be a choice of new BMW Individual body colours that emphasise these models’ athletically modelled body surfaces in a particularly intensive way with a matt de luxe shimmer. The range of matt colours, which are applied in an elaborate process, comprises the variants Frozen Black metallic, Frozen Silver metallic, Frozen Red metallic and Frozen Brilliant White metallic.
Moreover, the range of model-specific equipment for the BMW M4 Coupe is being complemented by exceptionally high-quality options for the interior. For example, in future, the Coupe will also be available with enhanced BMW Individual leather upholstery Merino fine grain in the colours Opal White, Amaro Brown, Golden Brown, Cohiba Brown and Nutmeg as well as with BMW Individual all-leather black upholstery with contrasting seam in Sakhir Orange, Yellow, Blue or Silverstone. Furthermore, this model can now also be ordered with a colour-matched leather-covered BMW Individual instrument panel.

Last edited by GrussGott; 01-14-2015 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
M3Evilution
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 AW M3

Any idea if any of the interior options are available? I'd really like to at least add deviated stitching color to my build. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Thought I'd start a new thread about this to cut through pages, but mods can merge if appropriate ...

I've just heard from BMWNA:

This is true for all of the "catalog colors" listed here subject to confirmation via BMWNA ...

Here's the process I was told to follow:
  1. Pick your catalog Individual Color - price will be $1950
  2. Inform your client advisor it's a Priority 1 paint and ask that they reach out to BMWNA VIP ordering for the paperwork and details
  3. Confirm your order spec and enjoy!
Just switched my color from YMB to TB.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Just switched my color from YMB to TB.
Nice work cheesehead... TB is much nicer than YMB in my book, if I was a blue fan I'd a switched too... Now if they could only get off their asses and get an Imola Red in there I'd be cancelling my current order to switch to that!!
      07-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

GBPackerFan - From the thread on here, I am terrified of that color having an ownership experience close to carbon black. Gorgeous, gorgeous color when clean. Nightmare to keep that way.

I'm considering SS or MG as I think this car needs the metallic for contrast to bring out it's lines and look, and I realized that I still love my metallic gray after all these years
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspyrops View Post
Nice work cheesehead... TB is much nicer than YMB in my book, if I was a blue fan I'd a switched too... Now if they could only get off their asses and get an Imola Red in there I'd be cancelling my current order to switch to that!!
I love IR also.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
I love IR also.
So effin' pissed it, or any red for that matter, is unavailable for this car. MW was my second choice. I simply can't believe an M car cannot currently be purchased in red, this is a first I think in history.

BTW you need to update your signature it still says YMB :P
      07-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
GBPackerFan - From the thread on here, I am terrified of that color having an ownership experience close to carbon black. Gorgeous, gorgeous color when clean. Nightmare to keep that way.

I'm considering SS or MG as I think this car needs the metallic for contrast to bring out it's lines and look, and I realized that I still love my metallic gray after all these years
It won't be as hard as black. I've had red before and that is a bitch to keep up, so I think the TB will be somewhere in-between.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Evilution View Post
Any idea if any of the interior options are available? I'd really like to at least add deviated stitching color to my build. Thanks.
I don't have any direct confirmation of that, but it may be the same - I'd provide the code to your SA and see what VIP says.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
The only thing that would have made me switch is Santorini.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It won't be as hard as black. I've had red before and that is a bitch to keep up, so I think the TB will be somewhere in-between.
I have Jerez Black (a blue-black like carbon) and for California it's pretty easy to keep up. I can get a very high quality no-scratch wash for $25 and the whole she-bang (wash, clay, polish, wax) for $120.

I used to do it all myself, and intended to when I moved to Cali, but they are really pros here - they do a great job, so I just do a wash every 3 weeks or so and the whole enchilada every year.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #12
RickMonet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Is Moonstone Metallic worth $1950 over Silverstone Metallic?

I have not seen Moonstone in person - does it have similar blueish hue as Silverstone?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #13
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Evilution View Post
I have individual leather and trim confirmed on my order PW32 - ED pickup Sept 12th. More specific alternate stitching etc. idk, but leather and trims ware definitely available from start of July.
      07-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Thought I'd start a new thread about this to cut through pages, but mods can merge if appropriate ...
Thanks very much for posting GrussGott. This is exciting news, and I'm glad we finally have confirmation that we get the Individual selections as genuine Priority One options with reasonable pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMonet View Post

I have not seen Moonstone in person - does it have similar blueish hue as Silverstone?
It isn't $1950 addition to the standard $550 metallic paint price. It is instead of. So it's $1400 more than Silverstone. Still steep, but not too outrageous. If you really like one of the four Individual colors, it seems like a worthwhile expenditure. These are sure to be more rarely seen shades as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #15
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
So effin' pissed it, or any red for that matter, is unavailable for this car. MW was my second choice. I simply can't believe an M car cannot currently be purchased in red, this is a first I think in history.

Done
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #16
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963
Quote:

Done
Good. That was my @NullCheck OCD speaking lol
      07-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Good. That was my @NullCheck OCD speaking lol
Stop it!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #18
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Quote:
I love IR also.
I have been working with BMW Individual North America and BMW Individual Germany over the past few months and they sent me information to help me choose an exterior color. There are tons of exterior colors to choose, however they may be ordered directly through the Individual program.

There are other Red options, however if they are not included in the Individual Catalog as mentioned in OP, then they can be ordered through the Individual program with a $5K premium. Of course I am speaking for the U.S. only.

Note: Frozen colors will not be available until 2015.

Attached Images

GTS
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #19
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare
Quote:
Quote:
I love IR also.
I have been working with BMW Individual North America and BMW Individual Germany over the past few months and they sent me information to help me choose an exterior color. There are tons of exterior colors to choose, however they may be ordered directly through the Individual program.

There are other Red options, however if they are not included in the Individual Catalog as mentioned in OP, then they can be ordered through the Individual program with a $5K premium. Of course I am speaking for the U.S. only.

Note: Frozen colors will not be available until 2015.

DROOL!!!! Light Red!!!! Niam niam niam niam

I want it I want it now!!!

I'm canceling my order...
      07-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMonet View Post

There's an M5 moonstone at steven creek if you want to check out the color ...

bottom line is, if you want the blue-hue, then no as moonstone has both a blue and a gold in it ... maybe some other bedazzling too.

It's a weird color - it looks bland from a distance and then when you get close to it you don't know what to make of it. It's puzzling. And i couldn't get super excited about the other colors so puzzling seemed like something I'd grow to love. And it'll be more rare.

Plus it's similar but more subtle than my 2nd choice:

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #21
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks very much for posting GrussGott. This is exciting news, and I'm glad we finally have confirmation that we get the Individual selections as genuine Priority One options with reasonable pricing.
NP, updated the original post with This Configurator link that has the individual colors (interior and exterior), although it's for the 'vert these are the colors (subject right now to confirmation by BMWNA)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #22
minus9
Grand Poobah
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I will be happy when this makes it into the catalog.

Appreciate 0