GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Zero down or 3000 down -- Picking up M4 tomorrow!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi All!

About to pick up my new M4 tomorrow. MSRP is 76,785. Got it for 10940 off, so getting it for about 65,845. 4750 is rebates, 6190 discount. I think this is a solid deal. Thoughts?

However I am in a dilemma,

I have a choice of 0 down or 3000 down.

My monthly for 3000 down would be 939 a month.
My month for 0 down would be 1049 a month.

Difference over 3 years would be $960 additional.

I'm leaning towards 0 down since this is what everyone on the internet suggests as a "good" lease deals.

Thoughts on the pricing which down to go?

This is with 56% Residual, 0.00177 MF, and tax is included with the monthly with all applicable fees.

Thanks!

Last edited by N1rve; 03-15-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
AIRHEIR
2015 F80 YMB/SO
352
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: Atlantis F80 M3 Comp LCII
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NJ / Boston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Hi All!

About to pick up my new M4 tomorrow. MSRP is 76,785. Got it for 10940 off, so getting it for about 65,845. 4750 is rebates, 6190 discount. I think this is a solid deal. Thoughts?

However I am in a dilemma,

I have a choice of 0 down or 3000 down.

My monthly for 3000 down would be 939 a month.
My month for 0 down would be 1049 a month.

Difference over 3 years would be $960 additional.

I'm leaning towards 0 down since this is what everyone on the internet suggests as a "good" lease deals.

Thoughts on the pricing which down to go?

Thanks!
No $$$$ down on lease.
Appreciate 3
      03-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1068
Rep
2,093
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (23)

Cap cost looks decent, but looks like they're jerking you on residual and MF. Better off going for an M3 CS lease deal.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Cap cost looks decent, but looks like they're jerking you on residual and MF. Better off going for an M3 CS lease deal.
MF is 0.00177 and Residual is 56%.

The M3CS lease is a better no doubt, but I don't want a CS.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
visi107
Captain
United_States
358
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3CS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Cap cost looks decent, but looks like they're jerking you on residual and MF. Better off going for an M3 CS lease deal.
How are they doing that? MF is at base . . . Residual is set by BMW . . clearly he is interested in the M4 so not sure what's the point of recommending an M3
__________________
2018 F80 M3CS
2016 F80 M3 - May 14th ED- The ED Adventure
2013 F30 328i xdrive - Retired
Appreciate 3
minn196287.50
tambat46.50
SMGCFP314.00

      03-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #6
visi107
Captain
United_States
358
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3CS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Hi All!

About to pick up my new M4 tomorrow. MSRP is 76,785. Got it for 10940 off, so getting it for about 65,845. 4750 is rebates, 6190 discount. I think this is a solid deal. Thoughts?

However I am in a dilemma,

I have a choice of 0 down or 3000 down.

My monthly for 3000 down would be 939 a month.
My month for 0 down would be 1049 a month.

Difference over 3 years would be $960 additional.

I'm leaning towards 0 down since this is what everyone on the internet suggests as a "good" lease deals.

Thoughts on the pricing which down to go?

This is with 56% Residual, 0.00177 MF, and tax is included with the monthly with all applicable fees.

Thanks!
first just to clarify - by '3000' down i am assuming that you mean 3000 as capitalized cost reduction so your total out of pocket would be 3000 plus registration and first month payment and whatever else you pay upfront so my recommendation is with that assumption

I would say don't put any money towards a cap cost reduction . . I don't see a benefit to it. If you have some cash laying arround then do the 7 security deposits and that will lower the monthly payment a bit and you will get it all back at the end.
__________________
2018 F80 M3CS
2016 F80 M3 - May 14th ED- The ED Adventure
2013 F30 328i xdrive - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1068
Rep
2,093
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
MF is 0.00177 and Residual is 56%.

The M3CS lease is a better no doubt, but I don't want a CS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
How are they doing that? MF is at base . . . Residual is set by BMW . . clearly he is interested in the M4 so not sure what's the point of recommending an M3
It's been a while since I kept up with lease rates, and based on the $76k MSRP and $1049/month, my initial thought was a dealer padded MF...

However, upon cross checking the current MF rates over at Edmunds, everything looks to be right where they should be. This is not a bad deal per se, but based on the leasing history of F80/F82, I feel this is a terrible deal for anyone to lock themselves into. This is just my opinion, however.

OP, have you looked into MSDs to lower the MF a bit more?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #8
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
first just to clarify - by '3000' down i am assuming that you mean 3000 as capitalized cost reduction so your total out of pocket would be 3000 plus registration and first month payment and whatever else you pay upfront so my recommendation is with that assumption

I would say don't put any money towards a cap cost reduction . . I don't see a benefit to it. If you have some cash laying arround then do the 7 security deposits and that will lower the monthly payment a bit and you will get it all back at the end.
What is a 7 security deposit?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
It's been a while since I kept up with lease rates, and based on the $76k MSRP and $1049/month, my initial thought was a dealer padded MF...

However, upon cross checking the current MF rates over at Edmunds, everything looks to be right where they should be. This is not a bad deal per se, but based on the leasing history of F80/F82, I feel this is a terrible deal for anyone to lock themselves into. This is just my opinion, however.

OP, have you looked into MSDs to lower the MF a bit more?
What are MSDs? Can you please explain?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #10
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1068
Rep
2,093
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
What are MSDs? Can you please explain?
Multiple Security Deposits. Talk to BMW FS or your CA for more details.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
PshhhhhMW
Major
PshhhhhMW's Avatar
521
Rep
1,028
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFV, CA

iTrader: (0)

The discounts look great but that payment looks off..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #12
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Multiple Security Deposits. Talk to BMW FS or your CA for more details.
I just called, they do have 7 MSDs available and it's -0.00035. Drops the MF to 0.00142

Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
The discounts look great but that payment looks off..
My sales tax is 9.5% and california charges a bunch of weird fees

Current Registration: 57.00
Current California Highway Patrol: 26.00
Current Vehicle License Fee: 458.00
Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00
Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00
Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee: 6.00
Original Smog Abatement: 6.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee: 8.00
Current Air Quality Management District: 6.00
Current South Coast Air Basin: 1.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00
Current Vehicle Theft/DUI 2: 2.00
Current Transportation Improvement Fee: 175.00
Use/Sales Tax: 6,707.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00

Total Registration Fees: $751.00

Total Use/Sales Tax: $6,707.00

Grand Total Registration Fees: $7,458.00
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:14 PM   #13
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1068
Rep
2,093
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I just called, they do have 7 MSDs available and it's -0.00035. Drops the MF to 0.00142
Better, but still more than what most should be paying for a $76k MSRP M4. This puts you somewhere around $880/month before tax. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to do any better than this for an M4, unless you strongly re-consider getting yourself into an M3CS lease deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #14
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
183
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Better, but still more than what most should be paying for a $76k MSRP M4. This puts you somewhere around $880/month before tax. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to do any better than this for an M4, unless you strongly re-consider getting yourself into an M3CS lease deal.
I think I'm comfortable with that. Thanks everyone for bringing up the MSDs.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
uniqueMR
Colonel
uniqueMR's Avatar
United_States
1308
Rep
2,700
Posts

Drives: Hmmm
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

$0 down. And congrats in advance
__________________
Currently: 2020 Honda Civic & 2020 Porsche 911
Previous BMWs: 340i, 740i, 745Li, M3, M4
Previous Others: Audi, Ducati, Honda, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Volkswagen
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #16
TrevorM3
Major General
1468
Rep
6,235
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

hmm, 65k, and 1k a month... still a bit too much.


0 down all day, everyday.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #17
blinkme323
Lieutenant
196
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

Yep, never put money down on a lease. Agree with others on the CS, no reason to pay more per month for a lesser car unless you really want a MT, in which case go for it.
__________________
2018 SMB M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #18
visi107
Captain
United_States
358
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3CS
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

iTrader: (1)

I'm : why people keep saying get the M3CS, yeah the payment might be lower but he clearly is interested in the M4 and it's not the same thing. If he looked into an M4CS the payment would be much higher (than the 3CS) because of the residual. I wouldn't say the regular M is "less car" and I currently have both for another two months. It all depends on what you are looking for

OP - I thought you were leasing, if so then why are you paying tax on the whole value of the car. I thought California only charges tax on the monthly payment.
__________________
2018 F80 M3CS
2016 F80 M3 - May 14th ED- The ED Adventure
2013 F30 328i xdrive - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #19
85Shark
New Member
15
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 1985 BMW 635CSi
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

There seems to be something wrong with the numbers. First of all, what is your total drive-off? Are you rolling the registration fees and acquisition fee into the lease?

If I use your numbers and include lease acquisition fee as part of the cap cost, I get approximately $936/mo.(including 9.5% L.A. county sales tax).

If I apply the $3K down payment, the monthly payment drops to approximately $839/mo. including S.T.

You also mentioned total sales tax of $6,707 ($70,595 price after discount @ 9.5% tax). Your total sales tax on $936/mo. payment is $2,922.67 ($81.19 x 36). Note: If you add the additional sales tax of $3,784 ($6707 - 2923) to the cap cost, I arrive at $1,058/mo. - suspiciously close to the $1,049/mo. quoted.
??? Note: California only requires sales tax on the monthly payments.

Anyway, it's difficult to calculate unless all the numbers are known. Please double check all your numbers.
Appreciate 2
PshhhhhMW520.50
jmg7774.50

      03-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #20
PshhhhhMW
Major
PshhhhhMW's Avatar
521
Rep
1,028
Posts

Drives: 2018 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFV, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Shark View Post
There seems to be something wrong with the numbers. First of all, what is your total drive-off? Are you rolling the registration fees and acquisition fee into the lease?

If I use your numbers and include lease acquisition fee as part of the cap cost, I get approximately $936/mo.(including 9.5% L.A. county sales tax).

If I apply the $3K down payment, the monthly payment drops to approximately $839/mo. including S.T.

You also mentioned total sales tax of $6,707 ($70,595 price after discount @ 9.5% tax). Your total sales tax on $936/mo. payment is $2,922.67 ($81.19 x 36). Note: If you add the additional sales tax of $3,784 ($6707 - 2923) to the cap cost, I arrive at $1,058/mo. - suspiciously close to the $1,049/mo. quoted.
??? Note: California only requires sales tax on the monthly payments.

Anyway, it's difficult to calculate unless all the numbers are known. Please double check all your numbers.
Yep, that's what I came up with too just didnt want to type up all that math.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #21
Frozen
Captain
Frozen's Avatar
United_States
375
Rep
705
Posts

Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Payment seems high. You can get a CS F80 for less than this.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 04:42 AM   #22
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7775
Rep
9,030
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Cap cost looks decent, but looks like they're jerking you on residual and MF. Better off going for an M3 CS lease deal.
MF is buy rate and residual can't be negotiated without changing the miles. How are they jerking him?
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic | MPHAS | GC Camber Plates
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST