EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #67
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Easy Tex...wait and see what GOLFRR can do to resolve this issue.
Holding off on the survey as i am waiting to resolve my torn steering wheel issue.
      06-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #68
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post
Holding off on the survey as i am waiting to resolve my torn steering wheel issue.
Very cool. This is a pretty tight group and I'm sure they'll address your issues, including the mats
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #69
JL135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

The forum members here are too quick to grab their pitch forks.

With all the info we have, it seems like OP made a mistake and is taking his frustration out on the dealership who sold him the car.

1. Steering wheel cut was noticed the day after delivery but not mentioned to the dealership until 1 month later and through a text message..

2. M Mats weren't delivered to him, but that is fixed already.

3. You took your BMW to a different dealership (not Steve Thomas) and they were the ones to deny your claim and say they couldn't do anything about it.. So why are you blaming Steve Thomas when they didn't even deny your claim yet?

Pretty sure OP's steering wheel will be fixed too, but this is an unfair and dishonest review of the BMW dealership in question and the salesman. Change the title of this thread and stop slandering a reputation based on your own selfish needs. You don't need to tarnish the reputation of a well known dealership just for the sake of some M mats and a penny sized cut on your steering wheel.

TLDR; stop grabbing your pitchforks before you get both sides of the story.
Appreciate 9
      06-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #70
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Sooo it sounds like you saw the scratch, went to a different dealer who didn't want to fix it because they didn't take delivery of the car, then you contacted the original dealership a month later expecting them to fix it.

My thoughts are that you didn't want to drive the hour from L.A. to Steve Thomas, went to a different dealer, and screwed yourself. Maybe you live closer to the dealer I don't know, but that's what I am guessing

Obviously waiting to hear the full story, but I tend to side with Steve Thomas in this case.
Appreciate 3
      06-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #71
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL135i View Post

With all the info we have, it seems like OP made a mistake and is taking his frustration out on the dealership who sold him the car.

1. Steering wheel cut was noticed the day after delivery but not mentioned to the dealership until 1 month later and through a text message..

2. M Mats weren't delivered to him, but that was fixed already.

Pretty sure OP's steering wheel will be fixed too, but this is an unfair and dishonest review of the BMW dealership in question and the salesman.

^^ This.
      06-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #72
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjabad View Post
I have to disagree that "there is nothing you can do." If the dealer is at fault and they don't right the situation, well there is always the dealer survey and BMW NA survey they ask you to fill out. Be specific and mention names when you fill it out.
I agree that there *IS* something that you can do. When I received my M5 I too was very excited and didn't see what appeared to be scratches on my BMW roundel on the steering wheel until *after* a few days of picking up the car. The flaw as very minor; however, as soon as a friend pointed it out I couldn't help but see it everytime I drove the car.

I contacted the dealer, they looked at it and realized it would require a new airbag (apparently it wasn't a simple remove/replace roundel badge solution) unit.

I can totally feel your pain here and was ready to escalate and get very upset had they just ignored me. In my case, the dealer did the right thing. One of the reasons why I do plan to order my M4 at the same dealership.

I hope you're able to get the replacement without any $$ on your part.
-Tony
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #73
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I totally agree with OP that this is infuriating. But as others mentioned, the concern should have been raised with Steve Thomas/David as soon as OP noticed the tear, rather than taking it to the other dealership.

Personally, any "deal" needs both sides to work together. In the end, it is business -- one party gets the best deal they can, while the other party still makes some profit. But that being said, buying a car like a M car from a dealer you trust is also the beginning of a cordial, trustable relationship, that both parties must work hard to maintain. That is a scenario where both parties win.

OP made a mistake by not raising the flag to Steve Thomas. A concern was raised in the forums and the full story expressed from both sides. David already addressed the Mats issue. And I think the right thing here is for OP to own up to the mistake of not raising the flag in time, and discuss this directly with David now and see what can be worked out. Varied viewpoints with limited story on a forum, and bashing it out on the survey will not help anyone.

In the end, we want Steve Thomas to maintain their reputation and OP to get his car fixed. A 10 minute conversation face-to-face should take care of that.

Good luck!
      06-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #74
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

Pretty sure OP's steering wheel will be fixed too, but this is an unfair and dishonest review of the BMW dealership in question and the salesman.

Agree.

In addition the car was also brought to a different dealer, where the repair was denied. Then OP waited until almost of month to complain to Steve Thomas about the tear. It which he chose texting as the form of communication.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #75
JL135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90
Quote:

Agree.

Car was also brought to a different dealer, where the repair was denied. Then OP waited until almost of month to complain to Steve Thomas about the tear. It which he chose texting as the form of communication.
I edited my post to mention what you just said.. OP took his car to a different dealership and not Steve Thomas.. Why is OP claiming that Steve Thomas denied to repair the steering wheel when they did not even hear about it until a month later..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #76
fjabad
Private
Rep
Drives: F80

I call bs on the OP. how do you not notice a cut on the steering wheel when taking delivery? And I find it hard to believe the dealership would even let a vehicle be delivered in such a condition thinking the customer would not care or notice.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #77
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

I sure don't see how Steve Thomas BMW is a bad dealership based on this. I can't believe this thread was made.
Appreciate 4
      06-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #78
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Hey OP. David responded to your accusations with a clear timeline of what happened. Looks like you left a bunch of details out of your story.
Appreciate 4
      06-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #79
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
don't be "that guy". Just my two cents.
Yes please, we have WAY too many of THOSE guys around here already. But calling out the dealer by name IMO was already out of line so the toothpaste if out of the tube as far as being that guy.
      06-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #80
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

This is sounding more and more like the guy who was bitching about the dealer putting orange wax on his engine cover bolts. Turned out to be a whole different story once all the facts came out. And totally irresponsible to make loudmouth accusations affecting people's reputations while twisting the facts.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #81
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
Hey OP. David responded to your accusations with a clear timeline of what happened. Looks like you left a bunch of details out of your story.
As the OP has suggested, 3/4s of the way through his post, "going PM",..Well that might be a bit late for that seeing Steve Thomas BMW has been publicly accused in a court of public opinion.

No skin in this game, but fair is fair I believe, ST BMW has a right to clear this up publicly if they chose to. Let the facts speak for themselves.
      06-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #82
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
OP seems to be ignoring everyone pointing out the fact he waited a month to make a claim against the dealership he is ranting about on this thread.

OP slit steering wheel.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #83
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
OP doesn't seem to want to address the inconsistencies with his story. Now he's trying to extort the dealer with this post and threatening a bad survey. Who's to say he didn't already submit a great survey?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #84
MorningCoffee22
MorningCoffee22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
You said you noticed the tear the next day and they told you there is nothing they could do about it. The dealer you are slaying said they didn't hear from you for a whole month after you picked up the car.

Since you raised this flag, please let us in on the whole story. Is anything missing?
Sounds like something missing to me. And....Not from the dealership....
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #85
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
It is simple. Ordered the car and picked it up and noticed a scratch the next day.

It was not an option to drive to the dealership i picked it up from since it is 60+ miles away and i work everyday 7-7

I took a picture and My mindset was " Dont worry about the scratch, you bought a $91k+ car with warranty and i was 100% certain that on the day of my break in service, the part would've been replaced under warranty with no question" So i did not feel the need to bother anyone"

I should've been that asshole to go back and make a scene but thats not my personality. My understanding of warranty covering this car for 40,000 miles put my mind at ease and my work schedule did not make it possible for me to show up at their doorstep
      06-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #86
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I should've been that asshole to go back and make a scene but thats not my personality. My understanding of warranty covering this car for 40,000 miles and my work schedule did not make it possible for me to show up at their doorstep
Perhaps a quick phone call would have sufficed. I ordered my entire car through texts/phone calls, as driving to the dealer wasn't an option :/

Also, there is nothing asshole-like in expecting a car to be flawless at delivery, as long as it is dealt with in a respectful manner.
      06-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #87
JL135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is simple. Ordered the car and picked it up and noticed a scratch the next day.

It was not an option to drive to the dealership i picked it up from since it is 60+ miles away and i work everyday 7-7

I took a picture and My mindset was " Dont worry about the scratch, you bought a $91k+ car with warranty and i was 100% certain that on the day of my break in service, the part would've been replaced under warranty with no question" So i did not feel the need to bother anyone"

I should've been that asshole to go back and make a scene but thats not my personality. My understanding of warranty covering this car for 40,000 miles put my mind at ease and my work schedule did not make it possible for me to show up at their doorstep
Thank you for changing your thread title. I understand where you are coming from. Your mindset should have not changed because your steering wheel will be fixed. I understand that you did not feel the need to get angry and make a scene at the dealership. But you are doing exactly that right now in a different form and with a bigger audience, on this forum.

Do not worry and admit your mistakes OP, I have faith that Steve Thomas BMW will fix your issues regardless of what you say. So just sit tight and update us when they give you the customer service you deserve

Last edited by JL135i; 06-08-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #88
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:

Actually it's not that simple. You went to another service department and got denied. Your original post made it seem like you went back to ST BMW the next day and they denied you.

This is what you posted.
Quote:
My car had a scratch/tear on the steering wheel which i noticed a day after, and they told me that there is nothing we can do about it... Considering the fact that i picked up the car in the evening and with all my excitement, im sure i overlooked it until i saw it the next morning... brand new car and the dealer is just in it for the money and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! BULLSHIT!

I feel like i got stiffed by Steve Thomas Bmw... They were all helpful until the vehicle was sold and they got paid
Along with your original title, anyone reading this post can reasonably assume you were saying that you noticed the scratch next morning, took it back to David/ST BMW and they denied your claim. The other details of your story drastically changes who is wrong. I'm not saying you are wrong to be upset, but the way you initially presented your case on this forum was all sorts of wrong. I hope you get it all sorted out though.
Appreciate 5