GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #89
johnsopa
Rep
Drives: M3, 535d, X5d

Landed at 12:30pm today, picked up by Sixt in a 7 series, made it to Welt by 1:10pm. Dropped off our bags, went up to ED registration, they hurried us back downstairs to meet up with the 1:15pm English speaking tour which had already started.

Finished the tour around 3:15pm, went back up to the ED lounge and waited a bit for someone to show up with paperwork. Didn't get to see our M3. We were given a 2016 X5M to drive for the next few days. Better than a run-off-the-mill 5 series, I guess.

Drove off the delivery floor and made an immediate right to the Welt valet. They took X5M and we went across the street to the museum around 4:30pm. Left at closing around 6pm, got the X5M and drove a few mins to our hotel. Lots of traffic jams, tons of police and ambulances driving around, then choppers in the air.

Turns out the mall shooting is about 1.1 km feet away from our hotel.

So, we decided to stay inside tonight and eat in the hotel restaurant.

Watching the skynews coverage right now...
Appreciate 2
      07-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #90
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsopa View Post
Landed at 12:30pm today, picked up by Sixt in a 7 series, made it to Welt by 1:10pm. Dropped off our bags, went up to ED registration, they hurried us back downstairs to meet up with the 1:15pm English speaking tour which had already started.

Finished the tour around 3:15pm, went back up to the ED lounge and waited a bit for someone to show up with paperwork. Didn't get to see our M3. We were given a 2016 X5M to drive for the next few days. Better than a run-off-the-mill 5 series, I guess.

Drove off the delivery floor and made an immediate right to the Welt valet. They took X5M and we went across the street to the museum around 4:30pm. Left at closing around 6pm, got the X5M and drove a few mins to our hotel. Lots of traffic jams, tons of police and ambulances driving around, then choppers in the air.

The alternative transportation sounds rather nice. The timing of the hoopla not so much. The good news is you're likely in the absolute safest part of Europe right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:23 PM   #91
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:

Jezzz. We are watching the news right now and are about to head to the airport for the start of our ED trip. 1st stop London. Our ED's are scheduled for Tuesday. Well my wife's ED on the 340 is scheduled. I am just doing an M4 "Presentation" as I cant take the car with me. uggggg

Stay safe!
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #92
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:

Curious why they didn't even let you see your car...were you late for the ED presentation? Are they pulling cars out of the Welt to be fixed? - what was the explanation besides the obvious stop delivery?

Last edited by AchtungF80; 07-22-2016 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #93
landshark99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 GM M3

First off anybody do an ED this week be careful and safe.
You guys made me a little paranoid and since my M3 has a build date of 5/16,
I called the BMW Genius line to find out my car was completed on 5/11 the day before the issue started happening, still going to keep an eye on it, but feel lucky t have just missed it
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #94
rcclarke
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:

Which hotel are you in? I don't know where we're staying off the top of my head, but my wife did the booking and used one of BMW's recommendations... Stay safe!

Last edited by rcclarke; 07-22-2016 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #95
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

No one on the other group has any info as of now. All we could for now is just sit tight.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #96
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

An X5M is a very worthy replacement!

What's it like so far? If they weren't so damn expensive I'd swap my F80 for one right away!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #97
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6

What's it like so far? If they weren't so damn expensive I'd swap my F80 for one right away!
Yes. I'll be there Tuesday. I'm hoping they will give me the X5M. I'm not into SUVs but in this situation that's the best car that BMW has given as a loaner. There is still a part of me that is praying they swap put some of the Diffs for the upcoming ED customers that are arriving this week. Pipe Dreams!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #98
johnsopa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Curious why they didn't even let you see your car...were you late for the ED presentation? Are they pulling cars out of the Welt to be fixed? - what was the explanation besides the obvious stop delivery?
Actually, I feel like an idiot since I didn't ask why we couldn't see it.

Our pickup appointment was originally this morning (Saturday) but then moved to Friday at 4:30pm. We were early, not late. Ran into a couple other people in the same delivery stop M3/M4 situation. I didn't see a single M car waiting to be delivered yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #99
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsopa
Quote:
Actually, I feel like an idiot since I didn't ask why we couldn't see it.

Our pickup appointment was originally this morning (Saturday) but then moved to Friday at 4:30pm. We were early, not late. Ran into a couple other people in the same delivery stop M3/M4 situation. I didn't see a single M car waiting to be delivered yesterday.
Where are they?? ED NA said we would be able to see our cars at least.
      07-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #100
johnsopa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post

Totally underwhelmed. Keep in mind we have a 2015 X5 diesel which we love for its torque.

The interior engine/exhaust sound of the X5M is really pretty lame. Whether in normal or sport plus with exhaust valve open it sounds very "blatty" and not very deep throated at all. Heck, my 2015 Toyota Tundra sounds a lot better.

Outside sound is better but of course we can't be outside while driving.

The ride quality is better with the multi-mode suspension compared to our X5 with standard non adjustable shocks and springs.

I hit 220 kph a couple times today driving six hours north to a tank museum then abother four hours southwest to the Nurburg area.

I will say that this car is not a relaxating high speed cruiser. Definitely needs attention to keep it online.

Also the rear brakes are slightly warped so we get a slight vibration under light to medium braking.

Vehicle had 8000 km on it and the delivery guy said it was an M division car used for VIPs which could include test writers.

Anyway I guess it's better than a 528i. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #101
johnsopa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcclarke View Post
Which hotel are you in? I don't know where we're staying off the top of my head, but my wife did the booking and used one of BMW's recommendations... Stay safe!
Stayed at the Royal Leonardo which is the closest hotel to BMW Welt and also literally around the corner and across a large intersection from the shootings.

Nice modern rooms and they upgraded us for free to a suite with two full baths. This is normal for BMW guests if they have room. Nice buffet breakfast along with cook to order eggs and omelettes. Nice underground parking garage that has an automatic garage door too.

Last edited by johnsopa; 07-23-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #102
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Totally underwhelmed. Keep in mind we have a 2015 X5 diesel which we love for its torque.

The interior engine/exhaust sound of the X5M is really pretty lame. Whether in normal or sport plus with exhaust valve open it sounds very "blatty" and not very deep throated at all. Heck, my 2015 Toyota Tundra sounds a lot better.

The ride quality is better with the multi-mode suspension compared to our X5 with standard non adjustable shocks and springs.

I hit 220 kph a couple times today driving six hours north to a tank museum then abother four hours southwest to the Nurburg area.

I will say that this car is not a relaxating high speed cruiser. Definitely needs attention to keep it online.

Also the rear brakes are slightly warped so we get a slight vibration under light to medium braking.

Vehicle had 8000 km on it and the delivery guy said it was an M division car used for VIPs which could include test writers.

I'm not sure if you're still in Munich but if you are would you mind asking someone what happened to your M3/M4? A bunch of waiting to take ED next week and were told we would at least see our cars and take pictures.
      07-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #103
schrdngrsct
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Do we know if the recall will also appear in the BMWUSA.com profile? It doesn't say anything for my VIN/model. or is it because this is only for "safety recalls" as opp to "voluntary recalls"?

Safety Recalls
"There are no open recalls for your vehicle."
Your VIN: WB######
Year: 2016
Make and Model: BMW M3
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 12:41 AM   #104
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if you're still in Munich but if you are would you mind asking someone what happened to your M3/M4? A bunch of waiting to take ED next week and were told we would at least see our cars and take pictures.
+1. I've already accepted I'm not getting my car. It made me feel a little better that I could have the ED "presentation" then take pics and drive the "victory" lap out the doors. If I can't do that on Tuesday I'm gonna be super pissed. I've decided to let things play out next week then deal with BMW. It seemed futile to keep calling the ED NA dept and BMW NA as that have no fuckin idea what's happening. We've had a lot of their cars over the last 13-14 years and this is no way to treat a loyal customer. Some friends have suggested I cancel the car altogether but I really do want it. This whole cluster Fuck will definitely have me re-thinking our next performance car in a few years.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #105
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Hey Achtung when is your "delivery" day? Next Friday? I seem to remember you saying that.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 02:24 AM   #106
johnsopa
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that is what I was told, as well.

We are near Nurburg today to do you know what and then after that are heading to the Porsche museum in Stuttgart then back to Munich tonight. However tomorrow we will try to stop by Welt to ask them before heading to the airport.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #107
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

monday.... approaching rapidly.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #108
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that is what I was told, as well.

We are near Nurburg today to do you know what and then after that are heading to the Porsche museum in Stuttgart then back to Munich tonight. However tomorrow we will try to stop by Welt to ask them before heading to the airport.
Many thanks looking forward to hearing what they tell you!!
      07-24-2016, 07:53 AM   #109
Stealthm4bcm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

This is really disappointing. 3800 cars now being affected... I really feel for the ones who booked ED vacations. I'm currently renting a car but am pondering whether I need to look into a substitute daily driver with how long this unannounced delay will take.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #110
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda
Hey Achtung when is your "delivery" day? Next Friday? I seem to remember you saying that.
Yeah I'm the longest one out on week 26. Flying in Thursday. Delivery day this Friday.