ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #23
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Is that because you love driving in Europe or because you want the discount?
I did one ED and loads of fun.

I think there will be dealers who, right from the gitgo, will discount to 7%. But, because of demand there, I doubt they'll be in the major metropolitan areas. If I were looking for a discount, I'd be looking for dealers in the sticks who don't want a lot of their money tied up in a car they believe will sit on the lot for months. Just a thought.
Discount is attractive but overall it is the whole experience! From ordering the car to going to Munich, taking delivery at Welt is an amazing experience and waiting for redelivery. I also like the "little" extras that comes with ED cars (euro spec floor mats, first aid kit, warning triangle, German registration & etc)

I travel a ton for my work so I am always on the road. I love Munich and this is a great excuse to use my miles and hotel points as well.

I completely agree with you. I did buy couple of cars from the dealerships out in no where..... In the end it makes no difference to me as long as I get the car I want.

All I know if that I am not paying MSRP or MSRP +. I will go to BMW of South Dakota if I need to (Not sure if there is such a dealer btw)
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
iPhone vs Android
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

If this 7% is such an important thing for so many of you to the point you won't get an M3 without it, I don't think M3 is the right car for you. 7% of 75k is about 5k. Considering your trip to Europe and all other expenses cost at least 2k, you are merely saving 3k. 3k in an M3 is nothing really, if that bothers you, you need to re-evaluate your finances.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #25
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone vs Android View Post
If this 7% is such an important thing for so many of you to the point you won't get an M3 without it, I don't think M3 is the right car for you. 7% of 75k is about 5k. Considering your trip to Europe and all other expenses cost at least 2k, you are merely saving 3k. 3k in an M3 is nothing really, if that bothers you, you need to re-evaluate your finances.
lets please not turn this forum into financialpost.com

to each their own with their finances
      01-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #26
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Count me among those who would not use the adjective "mere" in front of 3K.

And, even though I can afford to buy the car for MSRP, for me, part of the attractiveness of the car is how well I did in beating the established pricing system.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #27
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
lets please not turn this forum into financialpost.com

to each their own with their finances
THANK YOU FOR THIS POST.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #28
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
What a stupid comment. 1) $3k is real money - feel free to mail me that sum since you appear to have bricks of hundreds falling out of your pockets; 2) It is more than just the savings, it is about the experience of picking it up from the Welt and getting a "free" trip to Europe; and, 3) Euro delivery invoice is about 14% off MSRP - while that is likely not in the cards right off the bat depending on allocations getting close to that will be possible down the road.
      01-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #29
iPhone vs Android
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
What a stupid comment. 1) $3k is real money - feel free to mail me that sum since you appear to have bricks of hundreds falling out of your pockets; 2) It is more than just the savings, it is about the experience of picking it up from the Welt and getting a "free" trip to Europe; and, 3) Euro delivery invoice is about 14% off MSRP - while that is likely not in the cards right off the bat depending on allocations getting close to that will be possible down the road.
Since when the plane tickets + hotel stays + food and accommodations were free? And where are you getting this 14% number from? At best you get 7% off.

You should be more worried about lease residuals/APRs/dealer mark-ups than saving $3,000 using european delivery. If not saving $3,000 holds you back and you are saying "no" to owning an M3, then there is something wrong with that. If the ED is coming from dealer's allocations, then there is nothing anyone can do about it, so if you are not getting your 7% off, then you are not getting an M3? My god what a great way of thinking.

I'm also going to do ED, and yes while it's a nice to have a few grand off of MSRP, its not going to stop me from ordering the car. And by the way, if you love Europe so much, then ED coming from dealer's allocation or not should not stop you from ordering
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #30
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

Quote:
Since when the plane tickets + hotel stays + food and accommodations were free? And where are you getting this 14% number from? At best you get 7% off.

You should be more worried about lease residuals/APRs/dealer mark-ups than saving $3,000 using european delivery. If not saving $3,000 holds you back and you are saying "no" to owning an M3, then there is something wrong with that. If the ED is coming from dealer's allocations, then there is nothing anyone can do about it, so if you are not getting your 7% off, then you are not getting an M3? My god what a great way of thinking.

I'm also going to do ED, and yes while it's a nice to have a few grand off of MSRP, its not going to stop me from ordering the car. And by the way, if you love Europe so much, then ED coming from dealer's allocation or not should not stop you from ordering
typically ED is 14% off US MSRP not including negotiated dealer profit

Not so sure about the M since it's release year and many people are in line. Dealers will want to make their profits first.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #31
M4Trojan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone vs Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post

Geez, what a negative nancy
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #32
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

Will order mine when all the " Hype " calms down..ie. early summer for fall delivery. I'm in no rush.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #33
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Since pricing was released by Jason earlier today, its just a matter of time for US dealers to start getting pricing sheets and ordering guides.

This thread will be the same as others I have posted before on m3post and will be a main source for everyone to post their builds and deals so everyone can see what everyone is paying etc..

This is a very exciting to finally get a step closer to getting these M3/M4 in members garages

Demand has never been so high. David told me today he has been selling M3's since 1999 and has never had this many emails regarding a vehicle, EVER. We have already submitted a ton of orders we just need the pricing already!!

looking forward to seeing everyones deals and as always we are here to answer any questions you may have.

I wish GOLFFRR and David nothing but success with the new M3/M4. It was a pleasure purchasing my M3 from David when he was on the east coast. If I were in the market for the new M4, you'd definitely get my business again.

As far as total number of M3s sold from E46 to E92 in the U.S., I see a huge drop from ~90k+ units to ~57k. With more competition from other brands, I wonder how many F80/F82 M3/M4s will be sold in the U.S. when it's all said and done.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #34
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^Thank you

We are very excited for the new M3/M4 as well as the new 2 series and i series coming this year as well.

I am also curious to see how the M3/M4 does compared to e9xM, I must say its off to a crazy start. Now we just need BMW to give everyone a lot of allocations so all of us dealers can fill all the orders!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #35
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

1. Will the M4s be coming out first or both M3 and M4s at the same time?
2. Will the M3s be out in the US in 2014? or 2015?

Thanks

Ed

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post

Thanks

Ed
1. M3 and M4 are coming out at the same time
2. they will be introduced as 2015s

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
Yanothan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 and F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post

Thanks

Ed
And just to clarify, they will be out Summer 2014, but the model year will be 2015.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #38
GOLFFRR
Rep

Correct ,I believe mid june this year.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

I wonder when we can start to get new Ms at near invoice... perhaps after 6-9 months?
      01-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #40
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
I wonder when we can start to get new Ms at near invoice... perhaps after 6-9 months?
Keep dreaming, especially in the bay area

I would say at least 1 - 1.5 years and probably first in more rural dealerships where these cars don't sell as well (aka 4 season climates)
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #41
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post

I would say at least 1 - 1.5 years and probably first in more rural dealerships where these cars don't sell as well (aka 4 season climates)
You're prob right
      01-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #42
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post

I think it will depend on how well the M stacks up to its competitive set. that will obviously affect demand materially. if it turns out that the M is less thrilling to drive than say the C63 and prices are comparable, the M will start to trade for prices below MSRP. if, however, the C63 is priced higher and doesn't perform as well, the M will continue to sell at around MSRP for longer. these are just a few of many possible hypothetical scenarios, but you see what I'm getting at.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #43
GOLFFRR
Rep

It will all come down to allocations for us. If dealers start to get a large amount of allocations each month then prices can start to lower. If dealers are only getting 1-2 allocations a month then the price will remain high.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #44
GOLFFRR
Rep

we are getting closer! (not really still months out but least we have option/price sheets)

Once everyone starts being able to get quotes on their deals we can consolidate all the deals here.

I will also keep the thread updated with the current residuals and money factors for that current month.

Appreciate 0