Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

06-12-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

GTS Splitter Full Install

I really hope someone here can help me with this. I've had this splitter for a few weeks now but am hesitant to install and until I get clarity.

Purchased from IND and was sent instructions which they say are directly from BMW for the OEM GTS splitter, but these instructions are incomplete and also not very clear.

Below are the parts I was sent along with a pdf of the instructions:

https://beige-lusa-74.tiiny.site

Here are my questions:

Photo 4244:
Lists dimensions X, Y, Z.

Am I to just cut out the larger center openings top and bottom as that's what it seems the dimensions are listed for? If so what is the deal with the circle openings on both sides? Are those not to be cut out?

Photo 4245:

I'm to drill hole 1 at the center with a height of A but they do not list the height of A anywhere.

Photo 4250:

I'm to mill out holes on the left and right sides of the bumper cover and insert clips. I did not receive clips so I'm left confused on whether I'm misunderstanding this or whether IND just forgot to send me clips.

The rest is somewhat straight forward but you get to the end and they list tightening torques and the last three, 5AZ, 6AZ, and 7AZ are not even things listed in the instructions.

From what I gather there are things missing in the instructions related to bolting the splitter to the front bumper support, and the long flat metal rod in the parts photo is a support piece that holds the splitter up to the bumper support. Seems as if in the first two photos in the instructions I'm creating an opening to then insert a bolt from the outside of the ornamental grill, through the flat metal support rod, and into the blind rivet nut in the bumper support. I may be wrong but there's not instruction for this and based on the parts I received, I'm not sure if I have enough bolts.

Assuming the seven black bolts are for mounting the splitter up to the bumper cover, I'm left with four black self tapping screws and one silver bolt.

Photos 4248 and 4257 reference holding things up with screws on the left and right sides, which I assume they mean bolts, but I only have the one silver bolt.

I'm probably missing some questions, but either I'm completing overthinking this or this instructions pdf and parts I received are incomplete.

If anyone can help with this I would be grateful. Thanks.

Last edited by MaX PL; 06-12-2022 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 04:35 PM   #2
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Here are my questions:

Photo 4244:
Lists dimensions X, Y, Z.

Am I to just cut out the larger center openings top and bottom as that's what it seems the dimensions are listed for? If so what is the deal with the circle openings on both sides? Are those not to be cut out?

the circles are just to indicate "a" for top "b" for bottom. X and Z dimensions for top X and Y for bottom. this trimming is to provide clearance for that long thin bracket with slight bend in it. its a support from bumper to center of GTS lip.

Photo 4245:

I'm to drill hole 1 at the center with a height of A but they do not list the height of A anywhere.

i cant remember completely on this one but i am pretty sure you mark center line on metal support and up 9mm from bottom. that is where you are going to drill and place your nutsert.

Photo 4250:

I'm to mill out holes on the left and right sides of the bumper cover and insert clips. I did not receive clips so I'm left confused on whether I'm misunderstanding this or whether IND just forgot to send me clips.

i did not do this i installed an oem cs lip

The rest is somewhat straight forward but you get to the end and they list tightening torques and the last three, 5AZ, 6AZ, and 7AZ are not even things listed in the instructions.

needs clarification as 5az and 6az are the torque values for bolts to those items
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

i took this video to show a buddy but its all i have, might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/edQ6WAq3BcA
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 04:53 PM   #4
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Here's some pics and notes I did when I installed the RW Carbon which uses OEM mounting.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1858503
Appreciate 0