Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #23
bmwanx1
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
I am very frugal with money, but I enjoy good/quality products. I always try to find a point where I get the most value per dollar and I usually buy things that I need and know that I will use.

I am having a similar issue related to cars. I like cars, but I am only driving 1-2 times a week. I am looking to get a new toy (c63s, 911, RS5), but it's just hard to justify spending 80-100k+ on a car that will be parked most of the time and depreciate.
This would be a fun car for me but could turn into a daily driver during seasons
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwanx1 View Post
I did everything by the book. Im inline with your last paragraph.

Question for you since your on the sales side, has anyone ever come forward to you and mentioned anxiety during the final process?
Our sales reps get this all the time. Its natural. If your really worried maybe this isn't something you should be doing? Of course people will have reserves but if your doing so much as to make a post about it maybe its not the move or the time?

I know I personally have some reserves time to time when I buy things, such as property or other big ticket items, but I refer back to my homework. I look through everything and if I know its not going to be anything I can't handle I go through with it. If its something that could put me in a tough situation then I opt out.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 12:17 PM   #25
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Welcome to the overanxious scofflaws of America forum - half an hour randomly checking posts will show you that, as a group, this forum has honed worrying to a fine art - everything from what octane of gas to use, to whether that blown engine will be covered under warranty. Also a subspecialty for OCD (Cosmetic Maintenance) if you have a streak of that - who knew you could rub microfiber the wrong direction? . For me, the worst of it was probably the first 6 months or so, when I felt like every dumb careless driver in America was about to run into me. My suggestion is to start here for some good coping suggestions: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1221304
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #26
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I do this too, for pretty much everything I buy.

1. If it's a new car, you will have a warranty.

2. If it turns out to be a complete POS, you can sell it before it ruins you financially.

3. No matter what kind of car it is, it will break at some point. It hurts less to fix something you enjoy driving. I have family members who bought Hondas and Toyotas over something they truly wanted and they still had problems.

4. I know people who have been through expensive divorces, lawsuits or jail time from stupid things they did, or addiction. I figure a car even if it has a few problems can't be as bad as that.

5. Most people post on forums/the internet to complain and report problems, not say that their car is running great.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #27
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwanx1 View Post
Exactly, gotta have fun. Just getting over the anxiety and moving forward is the bump
are you looking for drugs?
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11456.00
      06-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #28
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
My mom went through that... if she had ordered a car I am not sure she would have gone through with it. After the initial shock she absolutely loves her car but the payments were giving her anxiety... so she ended up foregoing the 0.9% interest rate and just paying the balance off less than a year after initial purchase...

Good luck!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #29
bmwanx1
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
are you looking for drugs?
NOPE
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #30
bmwanx1
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
My mom went through that... if she had ordered a car I am not sure she would have gone through with it. After the initial shock she absolutely loves her car but the payments were giving her anxiety... so she ended up foregoing the 0.9% interest rate and just paying the balance off less than a year after initial purchase...

Good luck!
Yup a good plan if thats the problem
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

do what i do.

get drunk, go to dealerships, look at cars, buy without any care in the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #32
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
do what i do.

get drunk, go to dealerships, look at cars, buy without any care in the world.
There have been 2 distinct times that I have gone in to "just look" and ended up driving a car home. Most noteably with my Z4.

I had a down payment that was reserving me a G37 for months before it was released, went in to just look at a 335 while I was impatiently waiting. Sales guy noticed the Z really caught my attention and asked if I wanted to go for a test drive. I said no cause I already had a down payment on a completely different vehicle. He said it doesn't matter, you can take it for a spin anyway if you want.... I ended up driving the Z4 to the Infinity dealership to get my down payment back that same day.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1