European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-18-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition

Trackers yes or no!?

What do you guys think of trackers? Worth paying for them and a monthly membership? Or do you think if anyone is coming to get your car they probably know what they are doing anyway? At night I keep my key on one of those signal-blocking pouches and even have a Stoplock on the steering…
Thoughts? And if so, which of the categories?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
FJ_OPA80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Not something I've had experience with BUT in terms of general security I try to essentially make the car as high risk and a pain in the arse as possible to steal.

In terms of tracking:

- the built in app-friendly tracking is easy to turn off
- Rumours are (i dont know from firsthand experience) BMW can turn this back on forceably to help locate a stolen car
- prevention is worth investing in (autowatch ghost etc) imo over reactionary stuff as whilst tracking is handy - if you can prevent/deter theft that overall is better as you won't feel violated
- airtags are a discreet, budget friendly alternative that fundamentally still offers a very very good tracking setup
      01-19-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
Gbcarmona
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ_OPA80 View Post
Not something I've had experience with BUT in terms of general security I try to essentially make the car as high risk and a pain in the arse as possible to steal.

In terms of tracking:

- the built in app-friendly tracking is easy to turn off
- Rumours are (i dont know from firsthand experience) BMW can turn this back on forceably to help locate a stolen car
- prevention is worth investing in (autowatch ghost etc) imo over reactionary stuff as whilst tracking is handy - if you can prevent/deter theft that overall is better as you won't feel violated
- airtags are a discreet, budget friendly alternative that fundamentally still offers a very very good tracking setup
When I said trackers I mentioned the ones you buy externally and have to pay a monthly subscription (Tatcham approved like Ghost, etc), not the BMW one...still dont understand why BMW wouldn't help (although having health it the UK customer services, I can understand now...useless).
Don't know what airbags are? Ill try and research.
Appreciate 0