BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-05-2021, 12:19 AM   #67
chipper1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 zcp DCT Alpine tuned

Burbles are crap I hate them. So embarrassing puts a bad rep on our M cars.
it's hard enough to get these cars to sound ok. but why some people want their car to burp and fart pop and bang screams high school kid.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 08:28 AM   #68
SoundQ2
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche 911, 18 BMW M4 Cab

I have a '18 M4 (F83) and have never heard "burbles" or anything...Maybe in Spot + mode it will? I usually drive in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:55 PM   #69
Markymarkk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundQ2 View Post
I have a '18 M4 (F83) and have never heard "burbles" or anything...Maybe in Spot + mode it will? I usually drive in Sport.
I believe if it’s a non ZCP you dont have burbles. I tried last week using BimmerLink to enable burbles on a friends M4 and it didn’t change anything unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 06:54 PM   #70
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Didn't read through all of this but I immediately removed burbles a week after I purchased my F82 ZCP by just unplugging the Active Sound Design plug in the trunk. Later I coded it off with Bimmercode.

There's a guide here.
      07-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #71
SoundQ2
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche 911, 18 BMW M4 Cab

I have a 18 M4 and it never burbled...slight pop at times but only while in 1st gear and letting off gas. Never when downshifting or driving hard. Hmm... Anyway I did get Bimmercode and changed some "convenience" settings (like iDrive off when opening drivers door-sucked to have to push the start button twice, messed around with Active Sound Design-S65 engine noise, I really miss my V8 M3, video in motion, etc) As far as I know ASD only affects the speakers and not the engine, so I never burbled to begin with. Thinking about purchasing BimmerLink to SEE if I notice a difference turning "Sound Tuning" on/off. But if it doesn't make a difference I'd waste the $32... Suppose I could use BimmerLink when it comes time to change the battery...that may pay for itself then. Just wonder WHY I never heard the burbles. Car was produced in 5-17, maybe coding was done later. I DO KNOW I DO NOT have a touch screen but coded it with BimmerCode for that. I think the touch screen were added a month or so AFTER my production date. That's the main reason I got BimmerCode in the first place. But it does have other convenience features, so it wasn't a waste. What was a waste of $ was paying a shop $150 to sit with me to code it because I was afraid to do anything. It's so simple to do by yourself! Expert mode is a little unnerving as the abbreviations are in German. But you can always revert to a previous code revision.
Appreciate 0