GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #45
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
How did they steal them without the wheel key? I heard taking wheels off without the key could take days on end of hard labor
literally deep socket and smash it on there. impact wrench and take it off. literally seconds.

but just like a bike lock; everything is a deterrence.

there are also varying intelligence of thieves. ie above where the thief didn't even check for locks before beginning removal.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #46
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
People who steal wheels off cars are not looters, they are thieves. Looters are people who steal from properties, usually a store, or a vacant or abandoned residence, during a civil disturbance or a natural disaster.

Don't confuse the looting currently happening in cities across the county with common thieves.
All pieces of shit in my eyes, but I stand corrected.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #47
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Sorry to see this. This happened to my girls car last weekend but only two wheels since the other side was against a curb.

First theres this:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3740319354751/
Try to finagle that guy into shipping and explain your situation. Looks like its not across the country and just north so hopefully he'll have sympathy in your situation....

Looks like it happened yesterday... If its still there on the ground, try to get a car cover so it wont be seen as your car is now more of an open target for more theft and vandalism....

Get AAA as soon as you can if you don't have it already. Got it when I totaled my previous car and its come in handy for towing big time.

Wait to get it towed until you can find spares or just wheel replacements you actually want. Thats why you want to get a car cover asap so its not an eyesore and more so that it's an open target for more theft.

Since it's in a complex, see if you can get surveillance footage if possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #48
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Sorry to see this. This happened to my girls car last weekend but only two wheels since the other side was against a curb.

First theres this:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3740319354751/
Try to finagle that guy into shipping and explain your situation. Looks like its not across the country and just north so hopefully he'll have sympathy in your situation....
Unless insurance is giving a problem, OP should just go for a brand new set. Insurance should pay out the replacement cost for new OEM wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #49
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxHRxxx View Post
Hi All,

All my four wheels are stolen when my car sits in my complex's parking lot. I haven't been moving the car for two days and this happens.

I already filed the online police report. I called my insurance company with evidence. BMW roadside says that the vehicle has been vandalized so they cannot help to tow it.

Any help here is appreciated. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you.
I'm local and have a set of wheels if you need to get the car mobil, not sure from the pictures if its possible though.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #50
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
literally deep socket and smash it on there. impact wrench and take it off. literally seconds.

there are also varying intelligence of thieves. ie above where the thief didn't even check for locks before beginning removal.
Smashing a deep socket in is less silent than just jacking up the car and taking the wheels off, so it’s still a good $50 deterrent to have
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #51
xxHRxx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioMeth View Post
I'm local and have a set of wheels if you need to get the car mobil, not sure from the pictures if its possible though.
Thank you man. I have already managed to get the car to the shop and wait for my insurance to work with the shop.
Appreciate 1
audioMeth222.00
      06-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #52
deli333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Guys yesterday when replacing ABS sensor we realized wheel lock and one other nut of the front left wheel were missing. Do you think it was an attempt to steal or my neighbor is harassing me?

The garage who locked last time said that he never forgot to not to lock a wheel even once in the last 15 years.

Also I am assuming that no one would steal 700£ wheels which would be difficult to sell in after market.

Do you think should I worried or any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #53
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

People just don't have anything else better to do but to steal and loot. Sad....
      06-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #54
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Question....

How do you lift that car off the ground without hurting it more or as little as possible?

Seems like you'd need some kind of manual forklift like what furniture or freight movers use...lift the wheel up by the rotor to put a jack stand underneath..,then repeat?

Sucks it happened, and I hope the OP comes out better for the hassle and pain of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 12:06 AM   #55
18BMWX5M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxHRxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioMeth View Post
Thank you man. I have already managed to get the car to the shop and wait for my insurance to work with the shop.
@xxxHRxxx where in Rhode Island do you live? I'm in Warwick. Hope you got this fixed. If you ever want to go to any car meets or anything let me know. I'm an admin for MassBMW and we'd love to have you as a member.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #56
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palala808 View Post
Sorry to hear OP. Same thing happen to a previous C class I had with aftermarket wheels. Was being serviced at the local MB dealership but at least he left it on blocks. Guy who stole it tried to take it to the same shop I purchased from. Owner, also a buddy of mine, called me with his VIN number and I just passed it on to the police. Wheels were recovered I didn't press charges. People suck. Maybe time for an upgraded set...
Why didn't you press charges out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #57
Palala808
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
Quote:
Sorry to hear OP. Same thing happen to a previous C class I had with aftermarket wheels. Was being serviced at the local MB dealership but at least he left it on blocks. Guy who stole it tried to take it to the same shop I purchased from. Owner, also a buddy of mine, called me with his VIN number and I just passed it on to the police. Wheels were recovered I didn't press charges. People suck. Maybe time for an upgraded set...

His father was about to start the process for background check for a federal job. Car was being sold anyways and I was able to sell the set to a tech at that dealership. Didn't feel it was necessary to put their family at risk for a set of wheels.
Appreciate 1
White3401393.00
      06-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #58
NoSuchSol
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
All pieces of shit in my eyes, but I stand corrected.
:clap clap clap:
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #59
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
Quote:

His father was about to start the process for background check for a federal job. Car was being sold anyways and I was able to sell the set to a tech at that dealership. Didn't feel it was necessary to put their family at risk for a set of wheels.
His dad was lucky his kid stole from you. Would have had the kid power wash my house as punishment.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #60
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
How did they steal them without the wheel key? I heard taking wheels off without the key could take days on end of hard labor

Must make a ton of noise in the process, No one heard anything?
Appreciate 0