Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #45
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Sounds like you are having fun!
Might be :-). Enjoying being a child again!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #46
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

One full fat M and one M lite
Attached Images

San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 4
      04-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #47
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Sounds like you are having fun!
Might be :-). Enjoying being a child again!
It's like that isn't it.
      04-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #48
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Well, Guy just kindly popped around and he took me out for a spin in it.
It is a fantastic car and the colour is even more stunning than it is in the pics, simply awesome and the wheels are really nice too in the flesh.

Two of my main concerns are the ride and the exhaust noise being intrusive when pulling off the drive. Well there is nothing to worry about for either in my opinion. There is nothing "in your face" or extreme about this car.

The ride is actually quite civilised, even in Sport mode, surprisingly. Yes its firm - but I thought it would be too firm - but there isnt a lot of difference between that and my 335d with Bridgestone runflats to be honest.

As for the exhaust, well of course it sounds really good with its deep burble on the CP, but again, nothing in your face. There's a Scooby across the road from me that sounds twice and loud as the M3 (and it sounds no where near as good). It funny how they sound far better when you hear them for real against watching a youtube vid.

The seats are really nice too. You cannot tell the cut outs are there at all and they are very supportive.

And of course it goes like stink! But Guy has only 300 miles on the clock so is obviously not going to clogg it too hard just yet!

So, big thanks to Guy for popping in it was great to see you and its certainly put to rest one or two concerns I had and I'm sure you guys that are waiting for yours will feel the same way once you collect them.
Thanks Andy, puts my mind at rest with a few of you that have been in the cp sayings it's ok.
      04-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #49
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Thanks Andy, puts my mind at rest with a few of you that have been in the cp sayings it's ok.
Cheers Scott.

Yes it's fine, it really is. Ride is very composed. Of course it is two cars in one. Sensible with all the comfortable/efficient settings on, but a load of fun in the other settings. Best of both worlds.

The thing that struck me, if you read the reviews on journo websites (Top Gear, Car, Autocar etc....) they pretty much ALL say ordering the CP is a no brainer. Not one that I recall puts any doubt in your mind that you shouldn't order it. So going on that, there is no real disadvantage to the CP (well some don't like the wheels I suppose!). I think they are fab after seeing them today.

There is only really Sutcliffe that seems to think its borderline too firm, well I don't know what roads he tested it on but I would disagree with his comments completely.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #50
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

Guy that looks absolutely stunning!

San Marino on 666Ms looks incredible if I may say so myself...

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 05:15 PM   #51
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Oh and last thing. I have NEVER (including some nice cars I have been fortunate to own) had so many comments. Every time I stop, I get someone commenting and nothing nasty at all. Stopped for a bottle of water and chap who'd been behind me also drove in just to tell me how much he'd enjoyed the pops and bangs (had valves open and window down).
I've found exactly the same in mine. I've had people (male and female) stop me in the middle of the road asking what the colour was. It's truly stunning and clearly appreciated. I've done a fair few thousand miles in my SMB 340 but still, every day, I catch someone trying to break their neck looking at it.

Enjoy it, it's a stunning car.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 03:25 AM   #52
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Great choice. SMB is so nice
      04-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #53
J4UTY
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

This CP M3 looks great... Congrats
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #54
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Great Post
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #55
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
And some more...

Quick video of overrun...

Any more videos?
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #56
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington
Quote:
And some more...

Any more videos?
What would you like? Sorry, been a busy old week but can probably do something this afternoon before car goes off to detailers.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 12:04 AM   #57
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington
Quote:
And some more...

Any more videos?
What would you like? Sorry, been a busy old week but can probably do something this afternoon before car goes off to detailers.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:29 AM   #58
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Someone beat me to it , loads more video's on engine under load and on lift off and your opinion on the sound with windows shut, not that this happens a lot on our F56 JCW.
Great to get a video from back bumper to hear it better from outside, mine won't be a daily driver or out early in the morning so cold start not an issue and as next doors got M5 im sure it will be no louder even with an MPE
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 03:59 AM   #59
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Cameras grabbed. Will try and do something after meeting this morning.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #60
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
excellent
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #61
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929
Quote:
excellent
Just uploading to Mac to edit on train. Hope it's come out. Had a cracking drive across the downs whilst filming it :-)

And big respect to Chandlers. Whistling was due to carbon wing mirrors. They took them off, put originals back on and problem solved. Have me full refund on them. That's why I always buy from them - stonking customer service.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #62
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Just uploading to Mac to edit on train. Hope it's come out. Had a cracking drive across the downs whilst filming it :-)

And big respect to Chandlers. Whistling was due to carbon wing mirrors. They took them off, put originals back on and problem solved. Have me full refund on them. That's why I always buy from them - stonking customer service.
Oh really? The carbon mirror covers whistle at speed.... That would annoy me. Thanks for saving me £500 odd quid...
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #63
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
Quote:

Oh really? The carbon mirror covers whistle at speed.... That would annoy me. Thanks for saving me £500 odd quid...
Apparently I am not the first....
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #64
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
Apparently I am not the first....
Why do they whistle, then? Are they a different shape?
      04-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #65
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

Got carbon mirrors on, no diffrence or noise, only snag is a few stone chips already
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #66
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees
Got carbon mirrors on, no diffrence or noise, only snag is a few stone chips already
Lucky you - wish mine hadn't whistled but such is life - won't chance it again. Good news is refund pays for the lion's share of my detailing so every cloud and all that!!!
Appreciate 0