Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-03-2016, 03:18 AM   #45
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
You will find it quicker after RIS. She will loosen up for you too. Mine feels lightning quick some days but a bit sluggish other days..
You know Damo that's a good description of every quick car I've owned, very weird but true!
      06-03-2016, 03:24 AM   #46
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
Out of stock at the moment but am now keen on getting one for £200, paying almost £1,000 for one is a bit too rich for me.

And I'll be painting mine black but as already mentioned elsewhere, no one does plastic.
I did a lot of checking reviews to see if people had good experience with fitment. That company did and the parts were in the UK which made a difference too not having to worry about customs etc.

I remember a thread somewhere that had people putting on links to cheaper option parts that were also decent quality, might have been on M3 cutters?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #47
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok so a slightly extended Friday lunch break and we have the finished front end look I was after

Name:  IMG_6542a.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  1.27 MB

Name:  IMG_6540a.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  1.70 MB

Name:  IMG_6541a.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  1.63 MB

The fitting was really very straight forward. You simply can't go too far wrong to be honest.

The four centre mounting points use OEM holes so you can fix it to those which holds it almost perfectly in place. Then there are a few outer edge screws (two each side) which go in and fix it very nicely while you drill and fix the remaining holes for the bolts (4 each side), the fiddliest part is getting the nuts onto the bolts behind the trim etc but not too bad.

My only criticism would be that one bolt in my kit was the wrong size (thankfully I had a suitable spare knocking about in the garage) and for the 8 bolts only two of the nuts were nyloc? Seemed a bit strange that you wouldn't just have them all nyloc. Thankfully I had some spare nyloc nuts of the correct size and all is now good in my world Except that now the orange indicator bulbs are starting to bother me so I'll have to look out for some silver ones like I had on the 330d.....

Yes I know it needs a damned good wash and will attempt that later tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone. And for those collecting your cars enjoy it and get the pictures up
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #48
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Enjoy buddy.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #49
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Don't think I have seen a front splitter fitted with out CF corners, that looks smart very subtle, well done

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #50
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
Except that now the orange indicator bulbs are starting to bother me so I'll have to look out for some silver ones like I had on the 330d.....
Rollocks... I thought I had all of my minor cosmetic mods sorted, now you come up with this.

Car looks brilliant, BTW
      06-06-2016, 04:10 AM   #51
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
You know Damo that's a good description of every quick car I've owned, very weird but true!
so you don't think its all in our heads Neil depending on our moods...? the cars have feelings too and suffer from bad days

I know air temp/humidity does have factors for a cars behaviour, but sometimes my car behaves like my wife. basically I get about 5-6 good consecutive days twice a month. the others days are made up of a week of PMT (Pre //M Tantrums) followed by a whole week of loosing fluids and being generally stubborn, jumpy and inconsistent and another week in the middle of this cycle when 'ovulation' occurs (AKA engine farts) and the pains are back.... I can't win. be consistent for F*** sake

my previous sexy blonde E92 never behaved this way, nor the hot little pocket rocket M135. but this biatch is one temperamental madam..

sorry OP
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 04:37 AM   #52
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Quote:
Ok so a slightly extended Friday lunch break and we have the finished front end look I was after

The fitting was really very straight forward. You simply can't go too far wrong to be honest.

The four centre mounting points use OEM holes so you can fix it to those which holds it almost perfectly in place. Then there are a few outer edge screws (two each side) which go in and fix it very nicely while you drill and fix the remaining holes for the bolts (4 each side), the fiddliest part is getting the nuts onto the bolts behind the trim etc but not too bad.

My only criticism would be that one bolt in my kit was the wrong size (thankfully I had a suitable spare knocking about in the garage) and for the 8 bolts only two of the nuts were nyloc? Seemed a bit strange that you wouldn't just have them all nyloc. Thankfully I had some spare nyloc nuts of the correct size and all is now good in my world Except that now the orange indicator bulbs are starting to bother me so I'll have to look out for some silver ones like I had on the 330d.....

Yes I know it needs a damned good wash and will attempt that later tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone. And for those collecting your cars enjoy it and get the pictures up

Missed your updates! looks good, also very impressive your fitting this yourself, looks perfect, I'm pondering over the rear diffuser for mine so might have to try a bit of DIY, I also want to get the M Perf pedals again, the brake pedal in the M3 looks worryingly small compared to the M perf one in my 330D!
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #53
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Missed your updates! looks good, also very impressive your fitting this yourself, looks perfect, I'm pondering over the rear diffuser for mine so might have to try a bit of DIY, I also want to get the M Perf pedals again, the brake pedal in the M3 looks worryingly small compared to the M perf one in my 330D!
I love the way the diffuser and tips change the feel of the rear end. So much more aggressive than std

The diffuser is super easy to fit, literally 4 screws and clips. you know you need to do it
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 03:05 AM   #54
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I did a lot of checking reviews to see if people had good experience with fitment. That company did and the parts were in the UK which made a difference too not having to worry about customs etc.

I remember a thread somewhere that had people putting on links to cheaper option parts that were also decent quality, might have been on M3 cutters?
Couldn't wait for Britain.Silverstone, just pulled the plug on this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916685043...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
      06-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #55
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Couldn't wait for Britain.Silverstone, just pulled the plug on this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916685043...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Nice It looks like they all use the same pictures and just change the logo to me anyway

I hope it's a good one
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 03:51 AM   #56
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Nice It looks like they all use the same pictures and just change the logo to me anyway

I hope it's a good one
So do I, thanks.

I will be happy to butcher it a bit as it will be painted gloss black anyway.
      06-08-2016, 03:54 AM   #57
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So do I, thanks.

I will be happy to butcher it a bit as it will be painted gloss black anyway.
That was pretty much my reasoning

Mine is still carbon. Until the spoiler arrives and is fitted I won't know if it will stay that way. If they look ok together then great, if they don't match obviously or looks too much then black it will go
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #58
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks buddy, for the tips you need to PM Cyba on here, thread below.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1219553
Hi Ade

Got a set of Cyba tips at home now, are they easy to install? I've not had a look underneath the car yet but:

There seems to be a cut out on the sleeve of the Cyba tip, does that align with anything?

These three bolts on the tip. There's a loose bolt and also a nut. The bolt has what look slike an allen key hole in it. I assume you tighted the bolt first and then tighted the nut to stop the bolt working loose?

Any other tips (excuse the pun)
      06-12-2016, 03:03 AM   #59
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I'll likely be buying the Cyba tips too. Got a price from the chap who does them.

Will be interested to see how these diffusers look. Begrudge paying BMW for the Carbon one. I'm getting the M Performance rear spoiler fitted before collection but might also fancy an Ebay splitter and rear diffuser.

I'll let you fine chaps test the waters first!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:06 AM   #60
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post
I'll likely be buying the Cyba tips too. Got a price from the chap who does them.

Will be interested to see how these diffusers look. Begrudge paying BMW for the Carbon one. I'm getting the M Performance rear spoiler fitted before collection but might also fancy an Ebay splitter and rear diffuser.

I'll let you fine chaps test the waters first!
That's very kind of you
      06-12-2016, 03:09 AM   #61
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's very kind of you
Every step into the unknown begins with a visionary!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:13 AM   #62
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik
Quote:

Hi Ade

Got a set of Cyba tips at home now, are they easy to install? I've not had a look underneath the car yet but:

There seems to be a cut out on the sleeve of the Cyba tip, does that align with anything?

These three bolts on the tip. There's a loose bolt and also a nut. The bolt has what look slike an allen key hole in it. I assume you tighted the bolt first and then tighted the nut to stop the bolt working loose?

Exactly that mate. Loosen the nut so the bolt can be tightened to clamp on the the exhaust pipe then tighten the nut to stop in moving. You may have to drop the exhaust a little to allow you to tighten the top bolt, but I can't remember the available gap between exhaust and bumper without a diffuser in place...
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 03:24 AM   #63
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

I pulled the trigger on the Cyba tips last night via PayPal. Should be plenty of delivery time fir end of the month. 90mm looks perfect without getting silly and encouraging small mammals to take up residence!
      06-12-2016, 03:27 AM   #64
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Ade

The old ones are held with some internal sprung bits so basically need removing with a claw hammer to hook and another hammer to hit it to get them off. I would suggest varying the position of the claw otherwise it can bend the stock tips quite easily.

The Cyba tips do locate and yes you tighten the grub screw first then the bolt to secure the grub screw.

The longest part of fitting was getting the position right probably about 30mins all in for removal and fitting.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:28 AM   #65
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Ade

Exactly that mate. Loosen the nut so the bolt can be tightened to clamp on the the exhaust pipe then tighten the nut to stop in moving. You may have to drop the exhaust a little to allow you to tighten the top bolt, but I can't remember the available gap between exhaust and bumper without a diffuser in place...
I didn't drop the exhaust. Just put them on when the diffuser was off
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #66
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris
I pulled the trigger on the Cyba tips last night via PayPal. Should be plenty of delivery time fir end of the month. 90mm looks perfect without getting silly and encouraging small mammals to take up residence!
Chris, do you reckon you'll get hit for import tax on these?

How much was it delivered to the UK if you don't mind me asking?
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0