Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-10-2017, 04:03 AM   #1
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Wheeler Dealer

So i'm still attempting to get out of my 540i even though I'm quite enjoying the car it's missing that certain something. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

But the deal I got on my M3 last is not achievable at this current time so i'd struggle to get back into an M3 given the loss i'm going to have to take to move.

However there are some good deals on the C63 at the moment and there could be some potential there, all depending on me getting the right price for my car.

So has anyone gone to or from a C63 ??? I know each car have it's strengths but I just interest to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 04:07 AM   #2
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Derek on here has a C63S Coupe, and im sure he will talk to you at length
Appreciate 2
ajfoggy1517.00
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

I think the question is what do you want the car for?
If I had to choose between the M3 and the C63 Saloon I would go M3 that's just my opinion due to looks and also the suspension on salon completely different and not a patch on the Coupe.
For me my car is not a daily but the C63S coupe would be a perfect daily as smooth on gears if needed and more comfortable and quite when needs to be than my F31 330 d m sport I had before.
The coups room in the back is not the best but hey I don't never sit in the bake so its all good
The C63s Coups is a lot different from the saloon and I urge you to try both, also look at Evo mags current car for there comments, but for me blasts out on B roads and trips to town and local shops etc its an event every journey.
A lot has been said with the MCT box I find it very good shifts more than fast enough and feels a lot more special than my ZF 8 speed that was in the BMW and it was a great box and my first auto.
The MCT is 20% faster in sport then 20% faster again in sport+ then 10% faster again when you hit the manual button.
On track my car will never be so if you track a lot or like the moding sense then M3/4 all the way as lighter and better turn in.
But hey for the weight the merc coupe handles it very well and very enjoyable on a brisk run out on some twisty bit and with the epic sound and great down shifts in race mode with switchable performance exhaust as standard.
The interior I love and the seats fantastic and the performance seats I would say the best I have sat in for support and comfort.
The whole car is just perfect for what I wanted and so far no unwanted attention and the car flys under the radar until you start it and then people turn heads and stare before you pass them.
First car a have had that had a good few nice comments even our next door neighbour that is not into cars one bit came over and said he thought it looked fantastic and sounded great as well.
Would I be disappointed with M3/4 if I went that way not at all great car but I felt on the mundane drives the merc has that more compliant suspension in comfort mode and fells less raw but a beast in sport + and race so Jekyll and hide.
Just be careful as loads of difference with Salon and Coupe, but saying that the Estate gets great reviews with owners as well, for me I made the correct choice but the car hunt had me switching back and forth with the M.
Check out Chris Harris's new motor you may be surprised what he got.

If you want the car sense forget the merc as the forums are ok but quite and very little to ne meets

Last edited by derekh929; 05-10-2017 at 05:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #4
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
So i'm still attempting to get out of my 540i even though I'm quite enjoying the car it's missing that certain something. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

But the deal I got on my M3 last is not achievable at this current time so i'd struggle to get back into an M3 given the loss i'm going to have to take to move.

However there are some good deals on the C63 at the moment and there could be some potential there, all depending on me getting the right price for my car.

So has anyone gone to or from a C63 ??? I know each car have it's strengths but I just interest to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers!
Hi Foggy,I ended up getting the M3 CP brand new unregistered in Yas Marine Metallic blue good spec for £58.5K on the road.
Deals are out there. WHY are you selling the 5 series?.
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 06:10 AM   #5
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
I think the question is what do you want the car for?
If I had to choose between the M3 and the C63 Saloon I would go M3 that's just my opinion due to looks and also the suspension on salon completely different and not a patch on the Coupe.
For me my car is not a daily but the C63S coupe would be a perfect daily as smooth on gears if needed and more comfortable and quite when needs to be than my F31 330 d m sport I had before.
The coups room in the back is not the best but hey I don't never sit in the bake so its all good
The C63s Coups is a lot different from the saloon and I urge you to try both, also look at Evo mags current car for there comments, but for me blasts out on B roads and trips to town and local shops etc its an event every journey.
A lot has been said with the MCT box I find it very good shifts more than fast enough and feels a lot more special than my ZF 8 speed that was in the BMW and it was a great box and my first auto.
The MCT is 20% faster in sport then 20% faster again in sport+ then 10% faster again when you hit the manual button.
On track my car will never be so if you track a lot or like the moding sense then M3/4 all the way as lighter and better turn in.
But hey for the weight the merc coupe handles it very well and very enjoyable on a brisk run out on some twisty bit and with the epic sound and great down shifts in race mode with switchable performance exhaust as standard.
The interior I love and the seats fantastic and the performance seats I would say the best I have sat in for support and comfort.
The whole car is just perfect for what I wanted and so far no unwanted attention and the car flys under the radar until you start it and then people turn heads and stare before you pass them.
First car a have had that had a good few nice comments even our next door neighbour that is not into cars one bit came over and said he thought it looked fantastic and sounded great as well.
Would I be disappointed with M3/4 if I went that way not at all great car but I felt on the mundane drives the merc has that more compliant suspension in comfort mode and fells less raw but a beast in sport + and race so Jekyll and hide.
Just be careful as loads of difference with Salon and Coupe, but saying that the Estate gets great reviews with owners as well, for me I made the correct choice but the car hunt had me switching back and forth with the M.
Check out Chris Harris's new motor you may be surprised what he got.

If you want the car sense forget the merc as the forums are ok but quite and very little to ne meets
Nice one thanks for that a great help. The coupe is out for me due to the kids, much as I say it's not to bad, it is annoying so got to be Saloon, but I also love the idea of a fast estate and the dog could then go in my car as well.

The car will never go near a track so I don't need to worry about that.

I need to get a test drive organised so need to check out some local deals the best price I have so far is 16% off via CarWow. But need to sell mine first.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Hi Foggy,I ended up getting the M3 CP brand new unregistered in Yas Marine Metallic blue good spec for £58.5K on the road.
Deals are out there. WHY are you selling the 5 series?.
I have a quote with my spec on a C63 for £55.7k at the moment so just looking at my options really I have seen a few M3CPs that I like the look of and have not even enquired about them yet.

The 540i is a cracking car it really is but I don't get that excited feeling when I look at it, the tech is great, the drive is great (mostly) power is great. Just don't have that feeling.

Got to get rid of mine before anything can happen though.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #7
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice one thanks for that a great help. The coupe is out for me due to the kids, much as I say it's not to bad, it is annoying so got to be Saloon, but I also love the idea of a fast estate and the dog could then go in my car as well.

The car will never go near a track so I don't need to worry about that.

I need to get a test drive organised so need to check out some local deals the best price I have so far is 16% off via CarWow. But need to sell mine first.
good luck I'm sure someone on M3Cutters just got the wagon worth a look or if I remember I will post details.

He just posted here is his user name PM him on cutters
surjjandu I think their may be another member as well came from M4 that guy had for 2 years

Last edited by derekh929; 05-10-2017 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1517.00
      05-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
I spec'd a C63s up to nearly £80k yesterday and wasn't going wild.

I understood there was a max of around £10k discount available on the C63s which makes it a helluva lot more expensive that the M3/4 LCI.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #9
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazC View Post

I understood there was a max of around £10k discount available on the C63s which makes it a helluva lot more expensive that the M3/4 LCI.
What spec was that? ceramic brakes? as I cant think of anything apart from 360 camera I would add if re ordered another? The standard brakes are fantastic. HUD waste of time seen it as good speed limit display in main cluster very visible.
I suppose if you specced all the carbon yes but the gloss black ed1 kit looks fantastic and a fraction of cost and easy to fit

Mine was about £4k to £5k more than similar spec M4 CP but I suppose got my half day driver training out of it as well and free run in service that is standard.
      05-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:

80k!!!! I was just spec'ing Premium Pack, Night Pack, Carbon Interior Trim and 360 view and potentially the exhaust. For 55-56k..

Ah just read you were looking at the 63s though.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #11
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:

Cheers!
You look too young for the 5 series, never mind a Merc...
      05-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #12
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsojon View Post
You look too young for the 5 series, never mind a Merc...
I have not decided yet. Just don't know if i need a change. Plus i'd also need to find a car to do a deal on...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #13
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929
Quote:

What spec was that? ceramic brakes? as I cant think of anything apart from 360 camera I would add if re ordered another? The standard brakes are fantastic. HUD waste of time seen it as good speed limit display in main cluster very visible.
I suppose if you specced all the carbon yes but the gloss black ed1 kit looks fantastic and a fraction of cost and easy to fit

Mine was about £4k to £5k more than similar spec M4 CP but I suppose got my half day driver training out of it as well and free run in service that is standard.
C63s coupe. Brilliant blue, 19"/20" alloys, premium pack, HUD, Night package,360 cameras, carbon interior, can't remember what else exactly. Was around £79k ish.

Edit: just redone it. just over £75k!

Didn't think I went wild! lol.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 1
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929
Quote:

C63s coupe. Brilliant blue, 19"/20" alloys, premium pack, HUD, Night package,360 cameras, carbon interior, can't remember what else exactly. Was around £79k ish.

So that is the exact same spec as mine. But I was going a non S.

£55,000
Appreciate 1
DazC905.00
      05-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #15
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

Bang on where I was but easier know to get £10k off at least but was very hard end of last year to come close so costing with lower discounts on M4 CP's a lot closer.
      05-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #16
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

A base spec C63 saloon is £53k on coast2coast vs £55k for an M3. Both auto, base spec. So about £2k cheaper for the Merc, like for like.

No idea the difference in what you get for the base spec model though or how much the cost of options compares for each.

Also if buying in finance, you need to look at the APR obviously as that can make quite a difference to the monthlies.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
A base spec C63 saloon is £53k on coast2coast vs £55k for an M3. Both auto, base spec. So about £2k cheaper for the Merc, like for like.

No idea the difference in what you get for the base spec model though or how much the cost of options compares for each.

Also if buying in finance, you need to look at the APR obviously as that can make quite a difference to the monthlies.
Indeed cheers, going to do some M3 quoting tonight and see what I get.

Also going to drive them both again before deciding the noise of that V8 though just has such a draw to it.
Appreciate 1
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #18
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

All I will say is drive them both for a long time as you want to pick the right car..

I have now had 3 2016/17 M cars (mine & 2 loan cars) that I have driven for over a week and they all bloody rattle. I am actually shocked at how bad they are although I will say the leather dash does make a difference. For me it's the most disappointing part of the car and does ruin the experience a little.

I have not driven a new c class but my E class didn't rattle at all, I have heard the c is better than the old one which was bloody terrible.

I know what you mean about the feeling as I am having some issues with that at the mo..

Be interested to hear your thoughts on the c63 vs M3
derekh929291.50
      05-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #19
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Well purely based on spec and price at the moment the C63 is winning, can't get near the same price with an F80 CP with a few options.

You get more standard in the Merc than the BMW.

The one I have a price on is:

Selenite Grey / Black Nappa Leather C63 AMG
Premium Package
Night Package
360 Camera
AMG Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #20
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well purely based on spec and price at the moment the C63 is winning, can't get near the same price with an F80 CP with a few options.

You get more standard in the Merc than the BMW.

The one I have a price on is:

Selenite Grey / Black Nappa Leather C63 AMG
Premium Package
Night Package
360 Camera
AMG Performance Exhaust
Have you had any finance quotes on that spec? Be interested to see what it comes out at.
      05-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #21
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Have you had any finance quotes on that spec? Be interested to see what it comes out at.
10.5k IN 48 months £580 with GFV around £24,500
10k IN 36 months £580 with GFV around £30,000
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #22
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
10.5k IN 48 months £580 with GFV around £24,500
10k IN 36 months £580 with GFV around £30,000
Wow that is pretty good for that spec car!!

Can the coupe be had for similar money?