Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 82 32.03%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.38%
Inclusive 18 7.03%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.91%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

12-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #5105
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
The rest of the world has rational candidates? I can't think of one. Just because they don't say horrible things out loud, doesn't mean they are not horrible.

BTW obamas policys were horrible, that is why we are here today.
no man I with you. everyone complains in the US and don't understand how good they have it over here. Im not a supporter of anything obama; just saying he would win the election, thats how it goes over here in the good ol USA
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #5106
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm not real familiar with autism and if or not some cases are a result of environmental conditions, genetic birth defect, or medical treatment related. I have a close friend that believes his son's autism is tied to his wife's prenatal medical care. So I'll not debate it.

Yet a few tweets taken out of context you've posted really don't make a case that Trump is anti-science. Both you and I know that proponents of globalwarmingclimatechange social change agenda use the term "anti-science" for people who don't buy into the message that anthropogenic climate impacts are damaging and changing the Earth's climate to such an extent that the human life form is in danger of surviving.

Real science, meaning geology, astronomy, archeology and anthropology tell us that the climate of the Earth changes over time and humans adapt to it. This effect is mostly from plate tectonics and galactic forces, those being solar energy and meteorite impacts along with deviation of the Earth's rotation on its axis and revolution around the sun. While human activity does affect the Earth's climate, as all other animals on the planet do as well, denying putting such precision on the effect of anthropgenic that socio-economic changes are required to "save the planet" is not against science. It is against the idea that political policy is a solution for all things. I believe Trump is of that mindset.
No other animals have changed the environment in the way that humans have. Carbon dioxide, methane, and a host of other gasses we release by our activities are completely disproportionate to other animals. That said, you are technically correct.

Trump put Rick Perry in charge of the DOE. Perry thought he would go around the world promoting American energy. LOL. But this really doesn't surprise me given Trump's inability to describe the nuclear triad. Wasn't it Rick Perry that was unable to name the three branches of government? When Texas was going through unprecedented drought Perry decided that rather than enact any kind of temporary water management practices the solution was to hold a massive pray for rain rally in the stadium in Houston.

Windmills do not cause cancer.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #5107
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
If I were an unbiased person (which I realize I am not) I truly woud say that somehow Nancy Pelosi's may honestly be submerging from a very early bit of dementia. And as a 73 y.o. I will more than acknowledge I have lost some mental ability. I was never brilliant but I was smart enough to be a Mechanical Engineer. It happens.

But what I see in her is really confusion on how to respond on the challenges. I am gonna bet even Dems wonder why she backed down in the face of the Squad. That to me seems very strange. She is losing some of her "sharpness" And lets all agree that she was in the past savy and smart.

Dems: am I wrong here?
No, you are right here. She is still a decent strategist overall but on the spot she is pretty far gone. Not treat the national championship college football team to fast food gone, but pretty far gone. I don't see her staying in office much longer.

While I appreciate the process knowledge for different committees in congress, we need term limits. Supreme court should not be lifetime either. Keep in mind what the average lifespan was when these rules were written. Maybe cap senate at 3 terms, house at 5, and supreme court at 20 years. She has gone past her prime by quite a long way.

I don't think she backed down in the face of the squad. Half of that group are kooks, and the other two aren't much better. No worse than the guys insisting that we are going to have civil war or comparing Trump to Jesus.

I didn't know you are an engineer, me too. Nuclear, not mechanical but still. We did have to demonstrate some ability to think. Maybe not politically but still.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #5108
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Quote:
I'm not real familiar with autism and if or not some cases are a result of environmental conditions, genetic birth defect, or medical treatment related. I have a close friend that believes his son's autism is tied to his wife's prenatal medical care. So I'll not debate it.

Yet a few tweets taken out of context you've posted really don't make a case that Trump is anti-science. Both you and I know that proponents of globalwarmingclimatechange social change agenda use the term "anti-science" for people who don't buy into the message that anthropogenic climate impacts are damaging and changing the Earth's climate to such an extent that the human life form is in danger of surviving.

Real science, meaning geology, astronomy, archeology and anthropology tell us that the climate of the Earth changes over time and humans adapt to it. This effect is mostly from plate tectonics and galactic forces, those being solar energy and meteorite impacts along with deviation of the Earth's rotation on its axis and revolution around the sun. While human activity does affect the Earth's climate, as all other animals on the planet do as well, denying putting such precision on the effect of anthropgenic that socio-economic changes are required to "save the planet" is not against science. It is against the idea that political policy is a solution for all things. I believe Trump is of that mindset.
No other animals have changed the environment in the way that humans have. Carbon dioxide, methane, and a host of other gasses we release by our activities are completely disproportionate to other animals. That said, you are technically correct.

Trump put Rick Perry in charge of the DOE. Perry thought he would go around the world promoting American energy. LOL. But this really doesn't surprise me given Trump's inability to describe the nuclear triad. Wasn't it Rick Perry that was unable to name the three branches of government? When Texas was going through unprecedented drought Perry decided that rather than enact any kind of temporary water management practices the solution was to hold a massive pray for rain rally in the stadium in Houston.

Windmills do not cause cancer.
Glad to see someone else is carrying the torch for the nuclear triad question.

Perry doesn't seem like a bad guy, though he was kind of laughable as Texas Gov. But putting him in charge of nuclear power and nuclear weapons is a bit far-fetched.
      12-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #5109
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Bravo Nancy... Bravo!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laurence-...set_hpffbanner

12-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #5110
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
It's just a vehicle to lay out how flawed Trump is in terms of his character.
So impeachment is the appropriate vehicle to point out character flaws leading up to an election? If thats the thinking I can see every president moving forward being impeached so they can use it in attack ads. I get you don't like Trump, me either to be honest. But I believe in due process and understand malicious prosecution. He won the election and the dems, MSM and all of the hollywood elites have been spinning since the election. They have been open about doing anything to remove him from office. I think all Americans should be shocked that the response to losing isn't just sour grapes but a willingness to ignore the democratic process and the will of the people. Quite an abuse if you ask me.

Last edited by Salty Dog; 12-21-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #5111
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Sorry the house doesnt get to make demands how Senate proceeds. Did congress take advise from senate on how to conduct their portion?
Appreciate 5
Efthreeoh6537.00
SakhirM49988.00
MKSixer19800.00

12-21-2019, 03:43 PM   #5112
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:

You had me right up until the last sentence. I don't think Trump thinks about stuff hard enough to come to that conclusion the same way you did. I think he finds certain positions to be beneficial for his businesses, or popular with the kinds of people he seeks to impress.

He doesn't do science. He does populism.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #5113
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Democrats have no interest in bettering the lives of Americans. Dems only fight for Mexico, open Borders & free flow of illegals & criminals, high Taxes & More Government. Dems will run the Country into the Ground look San Fransisco, LA, Detroit etc.

Trump is in their way
Appreciate 2
MKSixer19800.00

12-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #5114
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Pure, unadulterated propaganda. Shame.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #5115
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
I didn't know you are an engineer, me too. Nuclear, not mechanical but still. We did have to demonstrate some ability to think. Maybe not politically but still.
I spent my life in nuclear power. I actually got 10 startups at the Penn State TRIGA Reactor.

I knew there was a reason I liked you in spite of our politics.
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #5116
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
So his whole argument is that she is brilliant because Trump and McConnell want this behind them?

Trump isn't impeached until they get those articles so not sure why they care. On top of that the more this drags out the more attention it takes away from the democratic candidates.

I don't have a Harvard degree behind me, but I think this only benefits Trump.
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #5117
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
So his whole argument is that she is brilliant because Trump and McConnell want this behind them?

Trump isn't impeached until they get those articles so not sure why they care. On top of that the more this drags out the more attention it takes away from the democratic candidates.

Trump could win in 2020 and if he does it will be for the same reason he won in 2016, the democrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #5118
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, if it drags out, the Democrats most affected are Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar (the senators). Which means there's a good chance the Democrats don't elect Warren or Sanders to represent them. I don't see Trump beating Buttigieg orBiden.
      12-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #5119
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Not when the newest poll says the majority of respondents want Trump impeached. he's a crook.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2019, 05:44 PM   #5120
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Actually, if it drags out, the Democrats most affected our Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar. Which means there's a good chance the Democrats don't elect Warren or Sanders to represent them. I don't see Trump beating Buttigieg orBiden.
This trial will drag Biden down, that is why Hillary is sitting in the background. Trump's odds are only getting better.

He is going to get acquitted, we all know that. In my opinion the longer that drags into the campaign cycle, the better for him. If he gets acquitted a couple months before the election, it's probably game over for any Democrat because they are counting on this impeachment to win. If he gets acquitted next month the democrats still have a chance to get people to forget this whole thing happanend.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #5121
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Not necessarily; there will be more time for the populace to insist the Republican Senators do the right thing and defend the constitution which has clearly been violated. There will be more repercussions than you may think and at the very least, his standing as President significantly challenged during the next election if he holds out that long.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #5122
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I spent my life in nuclear power. I actually got 10 startups at the Penn State TRIGA Reactor.

I knew there was a reason I liked you in spite of our politics.
Hell yeah, I bet you have some awesome stories. Eh, half of my friends have politics we disagree on. Probably more. I try not to take it too serious.

The reactor I work around is a large research reactor. Simulate lots of hypothetical conditions with high neutron flux and how mission critical parts behave in said conditions. Able to do other things to study fuel melt and stuff like that. I work on the backside of it dealing with the stuff that comes out when we are done studying it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #5123
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
Not necessarily; there will be more time for the populace to insist the Republican Senators do the right thing and defend the constitution which has clearly been violated. There will be more repercussions than you may think and at the very least, his standing as President significantly challenged during the next election if he holds out that long.
I applaud you for your optimisim, nothing wrong with that. But I whole heartily disagree.
Appreciate 1
quick6247.50

12-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #5124
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
Not when the newest poll says the majority of respondents want Trump impeached. he's a crook.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...d-removal-poll

12-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #5125
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Don't understand why you guys beleive in these polls in any way, no matter what side they favor. All the article said is that they polled about 1300 people, didn't tell you who, or where, but for some reason you beleive that this poll is good proof in what you believe? Believing in stuff like this in politics, or not, will lead you to disappointment.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49988.00
MKSixer19800.00

12-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #5126
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Trump could win in 2020 and if he does it will be for the same reason he won in 2016, the democrats.
I don't think you are giving team Trump enough credit. The fact that the media talks about him nonstop is a large contributor. Negative or positive his branding is seared into the American psyche.

His campaign reached a LOT of people that don't vote. Their reasons are varied but for the most part hate the establishment and the government as a whole. A lot of nihilists and social underclass showed up that normally would never participate.

Of course the republican base showed up for the most part. Mainly because they can find enough policy issues they agree with that they look past things that they may not like. Are there a lot of never Trump republicans? Sure, but nowhere near the number of never Hillary. Combine that with the hyping of the DNC drama of Hillary burning Bernie. They managed to discourage enough to sit out. Then there was a general apathy due to the polls failing to capture those people that came out of the hills, trailer parks, and other disenfranchised locales to vote.

But yes, had the democrats put up a better candidate than Hillary it would likely be different.

Ask yourself though, would you really rather have president Bernie than Hillary? Hillary would have been pretty much status quo, Bernie wants to socialize everything. He has some good policy ideas with respect to marijuana and the prison system. But most of his ideas are so far out that congress would never go along and we would never get anything done.

Some girl and I were talking the other day and she was all for Bernie. I told her I prefer mayor Pete and she was like reeeeeeeeeeeeeee he's basically a republican. I laughed and suggested that we need somebody a little more centrist to actually get congress to do anything.

So yeah, give Trump credit to reaching these people. It isn't just the democrats why he was elected.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3490.50