Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 82 32.03%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.38%
Inclusive 18 7.03%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.91%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

01-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #6205
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
100% serious.
Thanks for clarifying!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #6206
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Yes, he did -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-bo...ed-11578330019

John Bolton Says He Will Testify in Senate Impeachment Trial if Subpoenaed

I was wrong about it being "months", though, it was only since the first part of Jan.
Right, it was only after the house approved the articles of impeachment, and there was lots of talk about how the senate wasn't going to allow new witnesses.

We will see if he actually will testify if the senate approves. There is talk that many on both sides want to see Bolton testify.

So again, if he had this bombshell info that would sink Trump, why did he fight and threaten the house when they wanted him to testify?

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #6207
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Right, it was only after the house approved the articles of impeachment, and there was lots of talk about how the senate wasn't going to allow new witnesses.

We will see if he actually will testify if the senate approves. There is talk that many on both sides want to see Bolton testify.

So again, if he had this bombshell info that would sink Trump, why did he fight and threaten the house when they wanted him to testify?
Because he's not looking to help the Dems build their case, he's simply not willing to lie to protect the President? The Senate trial is seen, by and large, as more "legitimate" than the House investigation - true or false?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #6208
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The White House:

"The claim by Bolton never happened. He and the NYT can pound sand and shove the book up their keisters"

When you see 'leak' and 'NYT' wait a few hours and it will flush. Good enough for Schumer though.
Amazing how some get suckered by the same ploy over and over and over again and never learn. An unpublished manuscript that only 'anonymous sources' have seen leaked at the 11th hour
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19912.00

01-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #6209
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Bolton has been reviled by many, but not ever for being a liar.
Exactly. This was matter was likely leaked by someone who knew the WH was going to suppress this information.

Bolton's manuscript apparently solidifies what's been said and corroborated by a number of testifying witnesses. Witnesses and amassed circumstantial evidence in a trial like this would have buried any other person in this country.

So now the WH plan will be to discredit Bolton as fabricating this and he's a liar and always has been. So as long as that's the story, that's all the ignorant need to know.

I find it hilarious how many of "only the best people" have turned on Trump in the past 2 years and a majority of what they've said is accurate and factual. What goes around, comes around.

Hopefully the Senate GOP does have a change of heart about witnesses and Bolton will be called. The GOP will also certainly call the Biden's and that could get real interesting if there was no substance to the request investigation on them Biden. I would be scared as hell if I were Trump, Rudy, and the WH legal team about the Biden's testifying.
      01-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #6210
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Because he's not looking to help the Dems build their case, he's simply not willing to lie to protect the President? The Senate trial is seen, by and large, as more "legitimate" than the House investigation - true or false?
its yet to be seen if its going to be more legitimate or not. the time for him to testify was to the house. doing so now, after hes announced his book and had this leaked, cast some serious doubt on the legitimacy. If he did it when requested, it would have hurt his book sales, but would have helped the country.

I have some serious doubts as to he just didnt want to help the dems. as has been the case before, this info only comes out when they have something to sell.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #6211
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
its yet to be seen if its going to be more legitimate or not. the time for him to testify was to the house. doing so now, after hes announced his book and had this leaked, cast some serious doubt on the legitimacy. If he did it when requested, it would have hurt his book sales, but would have helped the country.

I have some serious doubts as to he just didnt want to help the dems. as has been the case before, this info only comes out when they have something to sell.
Or when the GRU has a candidate they like? See Wikileaks.
      01-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #6212
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Exactly. This was matter was likely leaked by someone who knew the WH was going to suppress this information.

Bolton's manuscript apparently solidifies what's been said and corroborated by a number of testifying witnesses. Witnesses and amassed circumstantial evidence in a trial like this would have buried any other person in this country.

So now the WH plan will be to discredit Bolton as fabricating this and he's a liar and always has been. So as long as that's the story, that's all the ignorant need to know.

I find it hilarious how many of "only the best people" have turned on Trump in the past 2 years and a majority of what they've said is accurate and factual. What goes around, comes around.

Hopefully the Senate GOP does have a change of heart about witnesses and Bolton will be called. The GOP will also certainly call the Biden's and that could get real interesting if there was no substance to the request investigation on them Biden. I would be scared as hell if I were Trump, Rudy, and the WH legal team about the Biden's testifying.
Will Bolton be "human scum", or will it be "lock him up", or something new on FOX and at the rallies?
      01-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #6213
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post

it was likely leaked to spark interest in a book that was also announced the same day it popped up on Amazon and is now available for preorder.

If this was to let the public know about info the WH was going to suppress, it would have been leaked months ago. Its not like he just finished the book, its been done for awhile.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #6214
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So why wasn't this tidbit of information leaked after Bolton was challenged to not testify in the House impeachment trials in Oct/Nov? Hint, Schiff was saving it for the time it would have the most political impact. Curious though Bolton has been the name championed as needed to testify in the Senate. Curious how the Dems narrative for the past few weeks has been if the Senate votes to not have witnesses and documents in the Senate trial, they will be as guilty as Trump for covering up Trump's crimes.

Next up... leaked documents in the WaPo that incriminate Trump.
Listening to the impeachment last week, the democrats seemed to really want Mulvaney, rather than Bolton.
      01-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #6215
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Will Bolton be "human scum", or will it be "lock him up", or something new on FOX and at the rallies?
neither cause he hasnt committed a crime, yet.

lets see how his testimony goes when/if he testifies.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #6216
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Yeah, says CNN.
No, the house managers, via the C-SPAN app.
      01-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #6217
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Because Amazon/WaPo owner Jeff Bezos is such a fan of Trump.
money is money.

you dont have to be a fan to make money.

Theres lots of liberal books on amazon so what is your point exactly?

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #6218
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Is anyone on this board dumb enough to dispute the fact that this is nothing more than make trump look guilty and thereby lose the 2020 Election. Answer: "is the Pope Catholic?"
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh6559.00

01-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #6219
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Is anyone on this board dumb enough to dispute the fact that this is nothing more than make trump look guilty and thereby lose the 2020 Election. Answer: "is the Pope Catholic?"
Trump doesn't really need help looking guilty........Just read his tweets, and listen to him.
      01-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #6220
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
if anyone thought differently, they are sipping the kool-aide

this thing is basically 1 big attack ad. Havent they heard attack ads arent nearly as effective

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #6221
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:

Put him under oath and see, in that case.

He willing to perjure himself to sell a couple more books?
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #6222
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Put him under oath and see, in that case.

He willing to perjure himself to sell a couple more books?
Can the requested documents perjure themselves?
      01-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #6223
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
it was likely leaked to spark interest in a book that was also announced the same day it popped up on Amazon and is now available for preorder.

If this was to let the public know about info the WH was going to suppress, it would have been leaked months ago. Its not like he just finished the book, its been done for awhile.
OK, but does it matter when the information was divulged? I don't like Bolton at all, but he has never struck me as a liar and many in the GOP apparently feel that way too. This new information should be reason enough to bring him in to testify UNDER OATH. I'm all for the Biden's being brought in to testify as well. Let's clear the air and see where everything falls.
      01-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #6224
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Sure. Want a list?
      01-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #6225
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:

That depends on the source of the leak and when they were aware of the content of the manuscript.

Right?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #6226
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Watching a bit of the defense - Starr, Sekulow and Purpura. Starr was about as exciting as Schiff. Unless Sekulow and Purpura are outright lying (and the video clips and testimony transcripts are falsified) this whole thing is a big sham and Schiff and a few others should be drawn and quartered.

Of course the tv set could be on Fox so this is fake news.