Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #221
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Saw my car today in the workshop having the new diff put in. It's in pieces ? but not bothered now, hopefully get it back tomorrow for a day to get bits off it, then it's gone!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #222
jimmyca69
First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Saw my car today in the workshop having the new diff put in. It's in pieces ? but not bothered now, hopefully get it back tomorrow for a day to get bits off it, then it's gone!
Such a shame - is it all agreed with BMWFS that you are not accepting it? Are they looking to refund you on payments made? i assume they havent been taking payments whilst it has been in?

Given your experience are you looking at the Quadrifoglio or 2017 E63?

I have to say, just trying to sort the stones in brakes shield and dealing with BMW servicing has put me right off BMW. This is via two different dealers as well. So to go through the issues you have had i am not surprised you arent keen to stick with BMW.
      02-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #223
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesca80 View Post
Quote:
Such a shame - is it all agreed with BMWFS that you are not accepting it? Are they looking to refund you on payments made? i assume they havent been taking payments whilst it has been in?

Given your experience are you looking at the Quadrifoglio or 2017 E63?

I have to say, just trying to sort the stones in brakes shield and dealing with BMW servicing has put me right off BMW. This is via two different dealers as well. So to go through the issues you have had i am not surprised you arent keen to stick with BMW.
Yep all agreed with money in and payments back. I have still been paying whilst it had been in the workshop. You have to or it breaks the credit agreement which in turn affects your credit rating.

Too be honest it's not been the dealerships it makes BMW U.K. That a crap, same as any big organisation poor communications is the cause of it all.

I'm going for another BMW, G30 540i. Hopefully this one will be ok. What are the chances of getting two bad cars!
Appreciate 1
jimmyca69167.00
      02-03-2017, 07:46 AM   #224
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Well the car has had the diff replaced and I have it back for a day to remove dash cam and other bits and drop it back off tomorrow for good.

And....... it's not fixed... so if anyone is looking for one don't buy a Silverstone with Amaro Brown leather because it will be mine...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #225
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Well the car has had the diff replaced and I have it back for a day to remove dash cam and other bits and drop it back off tomorrow for good.

And....... it's not fixed... so if anyone is looking for one don't buy a Silverstone with Amaro Brown leather because it will be mine...
Is it not any better or just as bad as when it went it?
      02-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #226
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:

Damn

Such a shame given the colour combination. Amaro brown is gorgeous
      02-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #227
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Quote:
I have not heard anything from anyone since Monday, no reply from customer services mail, no reply from BMW finance email and nothing from the dealership.

All very odd anyone think there is something up with these car and they are trying to workout what the hell it is?

I'm guessing that is not the case and they just haven't done anything.
Well like you I have no eta so I temped just to reject it and go and get something else.. I spent so long (like you) waiting for this car and it's done is spend time at the dealer..

Not on for a £70k car
How long has yours been with them now?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #228
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have not heard anything from anyone since Monday, no reply from customer services mail, no reply from BMW finance email and nothing from the dealership.

All very odd anyone think there is something up with these car and they are trying to workout what the hell it is?

I'm guessing that is not the case and they just haven't done anything.
Well like you I have no eta so I temped just to reject it and go and get something else.. I spent so long (like you) waiting for this car and it's done is spend time at the dealer..

Not on for a £70k car
How long has yours been with them now?
Mine is back and has been for a while
      02-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #229
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Mine is back and has been for a while
Not sure what happened there think that post was in my drafts and got posted...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 06:06 PM   #230
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Did you manage to get your car back for a while foggy while you cleared it out? What were your final thoughts on the car? Were you sad to see it go?

I guess there were reasons why you didnt want a replacement M3

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #231
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Did you manage to get your car back for a while foggy while you cleared it out? What were your final thoughts on the car? Were you sad to see it go?

I guess there were reasons why you didnt want a replacement M3

This is a tough one to answer. I have very mixed feels.

I got it back and the first thing I did was put it sideways into the main road after being used to the 420d/320d for the past 2 months. It was awesome!!!

Whilst clearing it out I sat in it for a good 20 minutes comparing the interior and take away the colour and I could quite easily be sat in any F3*.

The noise and the power win you over but for me the gearing on the M annoys me a little, it hangs in the gears and constantly wants to be hammered around. Which I would love to do but hardly ever get the chance and the car just doesn't like to be driven slow.

Ride wise and MPG don't bother me in the slightest just the gearing.

Having ordered the G30 I'm happy and also a little unsure whether it is the right decision. There is a fantastic spec Black Sapphire CP F80 in the showroom, it looks amazing and part of me wants to just get that!

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited by ajfoggy; 02-05-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
dopper993528.00
      02-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #232
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
This is a tough one to answer. I have very mixed feels.

I got it back and the first thing I did was put it sideways into the main road after being used to the 420d/320d for the past 2 months. It was awesome!!!

Whilst clearing it out I sat in it for a good 20 minutes comparing the interior and take away the colour and I could quite easily be sat in any F3*.

The noise and the power win you over but for me the gearing on the M annoys me a little, it hangs in the gears and constantly wants to be hammered around. Which I would love to do but hardly ever get the chance and the car just doesn't like to be driven slow.

Ride wise and MPG don't bother me in the slightest just the gearing.

Having ordered the G30 I'm happy and also a little unsure whether it is the right decision. There is a fantastic spec Black Sapphire CP F80 in the showroom, it looks amazing and part of me wants to just get that!

Time will tell I guess.
The G30 will be awesome foggy I'm sure. The 5 series drives very well indeed and has that top quality feel about it. From my experience of driving a 5 (albeit an F10) they are far better than any 3 series for sure.

Comparing it to the M3 is difficult as they are such different cars for different purposes. I think it just depends on what you want right now from your motor.

For me, these days I'm probably more a "5 series" person. The M3 is a fun capable car but 18.5mpg is getting silly now. And I dont clogg it any harder than my old 335d (well, you cant this time of the year in the cold damp weather!). This is around town mpg where I do most of my mileage and I didnt think it would get this low (maybe if you drove it hard, granted - but I dont).

When you are talking about hanging onto the gears, do you mean in auto mode, in gearbox setting 2 or 3?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #233
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
The G30 will be awesome foggy I'm sure. The 5 series drives very well indeed and has that top quality feel about it. From my experience of driving a 5 (albeit an F10) they are far better than any 3 series for sure.

Comparing it to the M3 is difficult as they are such different cars for different purposes. I think it just depends on what you want right now from your motor.

For me, these days I'm probably more a "5 series" person. The M3 is a fun capable car but 18.5mpg is getting silly now. And I dont clogg it any harder than my old 335d (well, you cant this time of the year in the cold damp weather!). This is around town mpg where I do most of my mileage and I didnt think it would get this low (maybe if you drove it hard, granted - but I dont).

When you are talking about hanging onto the gears, do you mean in auto mode, in gearbox setting 2 or 3?
Yep in auto sports mode, which it will do it's just that you can't drive it day to day like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 07:34 AM   #234
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yep in auto sports mode, which it will do it's just that you can't drive it day to day like that.
Yes, I think most will tell you to use the paddles instead.

But like you, I use auto most of the time, I know what you mean.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #235
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I think most will tell you to use the paddles instead.

But like you, I use auto most of the time, I know what you mean.
I did often
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #236
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Update for mine. BMW UK are sending up the nationwide technical manager to Aberdeen in order for him to have a proper look at car. They are providing me with a customer experience vehicle when the car is in for the work. Glad something is getting done as I swear it's becoming more and more audible

Will update
      03-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #237
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Update for mine. BMW UK are sending up the nationwide technical manager to Aberdeen in order for him to have a proper look at car. They are providing me with a customer experience vehicle when the car is in for the work. Glad something is getting done as I swear it's becoming more and more audible

Will update
Probably the same guy that looked at mine. They still didn't fix it.

Just get things ready if you want to reject it and get a new car but don't forget the tax change problem.

So if you did want to reject and get another car you need a decent stock option.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #238
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Mine was changed a few months ago, but it still rattles a bit on very rough roads. On smooth roads its fine.

Still not great though, but I doubt I'll do anything about it unless it gets a lot worse.

Have other noises I need to sort still.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #239
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
The M3 is a fun capable car but 18.5mpg is getting silly now.

TVP Reading to Harlow the other week.

in terms of the gearbox the I use the gear lever to change and S3 with a slight lift on up changes, it's been a revelation for me car feels more natural to drive that way.
      03-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #240
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
The M3 is a fun capable car but 18.5mpg is getting silly now.

TVP Reading to Harlow the other week.

in terms of the gearbox the I use the gear lever to change and S3 with a slight lift on up changes, it's been a revelation for me car feels more natural to drive that way.
How on earth did you get that mpg, were you on tow?
dopper993528.00
      03-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #241
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
How on earth did you get that mpg, were you on tow?
I know! Incredible I just flowed with the traffic, when I pulled up at the hotel I couldn't believe it.
      03-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #242
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post

Will update
It will be the same guy that Andy and I had looking at the car. Mine went to BMW uk in the end..

It seems to be worse on the M3, mine is a lot better but not 100%.

Just be prepared for them to get it to 95% (if that) I don't think they will be able to fix it