Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

03-16-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Did everyone do a recall on their M3?

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2016 BMW M3 and BMW Recall VIN check says that the car has zero open recalls, however this car has never had any recalls done at all and i know that there were at least 2 recalls for these cars. I called BMW NA and they said that if their website says that recall is not neccessary then i dont have anything to worry about. What are your guys thoughts on this? Anyone else has never had a recall done to their 2016 M3?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 12:55 AM   #2
yocubed
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83 M4

Garage List
2022 G83 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2016 BMW M3 and BMW Recall VIN check says that the car has zero open recalls, however this car has never had any recalls done at all and i know that there were at least 2 recalls for these cars. I called BMW NA and they said that if their website says that recall is not neccessary then i dont have anything to worry about. What are your guys thoughts on this? Anyone else has never had a recall done to their 2016 M3?
There have been at least 3 separate recalls on the 2016 M3. 2 involving the driveshaft and 1 for rear subframe bolts. Not every vehicle for the listed model year is affected and the BMW website reflects this. Only if your VIN was part of the affected recall will the site list it. For instance my MY 16 M3 is not listed under any of the recalls and thus I have never had recall work done on it nor does any show on the website. Consider yourself one of the lucky few (like me) whose cars are not part of any known active recall.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 03:29 AM   #3
robocop-m3
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Is there a link to check the recalls?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
There have been at least 3 separate recalls on the 2016 M3. 2 involving the driveshaft and 1 for rear subframe bolts. Not every vehicle for the listed model year is affected and the BMW website reflects this. Only if your VIN was part of the affected recall will the site list it. For instance my MY 16 M3 is not listed under any of the recalls and thus I have never had recall work done on it nor does any show on the website. Consider yourself one of the lucky few (like me) whose cars are not part of any known active recall.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
N55Msport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 15'F30 16'F80

I had an alignment done last week and the dealer checked for recalls. Mine came up clear (4/16 build date)

You can plug a vin into the website and check for yourself.

https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls.html
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Hey guys,

This makes me feel better. As long as i am not the only person whos car has never had a recall, i am good. Just dont want blowing diff at some point shortly after warranty... Is lack of recalls considered to be a good thing or just whatever?
Appreciate 0