Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

04-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #89
Schultz28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Any idea of what the Bi will make on 91 only? 600RWHP+?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #90
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Previous version of Bi made 655whp on 93 on a stock engine S55. Since then we made minor changes to compressor specs and profile without any increase in lag or reduction in transient response, which is the current production version that is on the built engine car. This current version Bi also flows more lbs/min than the previous version. So, meeting the goals of 600whp+ on 91 octane would be a very easy task for the Bi.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #91
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Previous version of Bi made 655whp on 93 on a stock engine S55. Since then we made minor changes to compressor specs and profile without any increase in lag or reduction in transient response, which is the current production version that is on the built engine car. This current version Bi also flows more lbs/min than the previous version. So, meeting the goals of 600whp+ on 91 octane would be a very easy task for the Bi.
Do you mind sharing what psi it was to make 650 whp?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #92
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

I am more interested on low boost result. So with 22-23 psi e85 we can have 700hp?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:48 PM   #93
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Not to hate but how long has this been "promised" and how long until you can order it? I get it... you guys don't wanna run out. But also like... just take sales? People run out of stuff all of the time lol

Edit: I'm wrong, they are taking pre-orders.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #94
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Not to hate but how long has this been "promised" and how long until you can order it? I get it... you guys don't wanna run out. But also like... just take sales? People run out of stuff all of the time lol

people have already received units buddy
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #95
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Pre-orders have already been completed and shipped since last month. We currently have systems in stock for general orders.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #96
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
I am more interested on low boost result. So with 22-23 psi e85 we can have 700hp?
Our KRAS55Bi produces 748whp@22psi on pump E85 with built engine and headgames cylinder head. So, being able to produce 700whp@22-23psi on E85 with stock engine is a fairly attainable number in our opinion.
Appreciate 1
guess2098515.00
      07-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #97
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

We are excited to announce Bimmer Performance Center as one of our authorized distributors.

They will be offering a “Bimmer Performance Center Stage 1” for the S55 which features:

1. KRAS55Bi
2. MaxPSI Crank Hub Kit
3. HC.Performance Tune via BM3
4. BPC Race Rod Bearings

This is a great option for those who are looking to reliably run 93 octane with the full support of a reputable and skilled shop.

Please see the video below of the unboxing of the KRAS55Bi and BPC offering more details on their S55 Stage 1 program:

Appreciate 1
M4_Ronin479.50
      07-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #98
S.Carter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ER DP, BM3 Stage 2

I thought I saw something about Kratos offering some sort of warranty? Can you shed some light on that as well? I'm very interested in aftermarket turbo set ups but havent decided if I want to go Pure of Kratos.
      07-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #99
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Carter View Post
I thought I saw something about Kratos offering some sort of warranty? Can you shed some light on that as well? I'm very interested in aftermarket turbo set ups but havent decided if I want to go Pure of Kratos.
Yes, Global Motoring Group offers a 2 Warranty on our KRATOS Brand Turbo Systems against manufacturing defect in material or workmanship that would result in failure. If for any reason an issue like this were to occur, which would be highly unlikely, we would immediately be able to repair, replace, or supply any defective part as we keep all hardware and completed turbo systems in stock and on the shelf at all times.

In response to your last statement regarding KRATOS Turbos Systems vs. stock style hybrid systems, there is a vast difference. Our KRAS55Bi is a complete clean sheet design with our own Patent Pending Dual Ceramic BB CHRA and Redsigned Manifold Technology.

A common mistake is thinking since the goal is only 700whp-750whp and since stock style hybrid turbos can produce this, there is no point in spending the theoretical extra cost in purchasing the KRAS55Bi. We mention theoretical cost since the effective cost after core exchange with hybrid turbos will actually total more than the MSRP of the coreless KRAS55Bi.

Most hybrid turbo companies will charge a $1,900 core fee and around $5,000 for their compressor and turbine wheel upgrades. This is a total around $6,900 effective cost. Whether or not you purchase a set of cores or send in your own, your cores have value and can be resold. If you subtract the $1,900 in value of your cores which are not used and can be resold from the price of the KRAS55Bi's at $7,895, you are left with a total effective cost of $5,995 as opposed to approximately $6,900 for hybrid stock turbos!

What is not considered though is the fact that with stock style hybrid turbos these power figures are being attained at the expense of reliability with stock journal bearings and stock manifolds causing extreme back pressures which in turn contributes to connecting rod failures on S55's. Another thing to consider is the fact that these hybrid compressor wheels are already beyond the range of their adiabatic efficiency at those boost and power levels which is clearly evident in their inability to continue making power to 7500rpm based on dyno data currently available o the public. These are just some of the very many important details to consider when making your decision.

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 07-02-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 4
      07-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #100
S.Carter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ER DP, BM3 Stage 2

Thanks a lot for all you're doing for the community. You have been amazing at responding to the masses here and even side stepping many of the (imo) jerk replies. Great job guys.
      07-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #101
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Carter View Post
Thanks a lot for all you're doing for the community. You have been amazing at responding to the masses here and even side stepping many of the (imo) jerk replies. Great job guys.
Positive feedback is always appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #102
TX PETE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I appreciate what is being done for the s55 platform, but really want to know how you go to the price point. I come from a long line of boosted factory and aftermarket platforms. In a market where everyone is lowering prices to be competitive and “make” it, but you have a $9k price point. It seems like, let’s add a little of this and a little of that in hopes no1 will notice the “M Tax”. Again... my opinion but talking from my purchasing experience.

I’ve a breakdown of some of the best products in the market I have purchased in recent years

Precision 6266 Ball Bearing Turbo $1700 each
Fabricated aftermarket Manifold (Full Race, KLm) the fabricated manifolds run from good $800- best flowing $1500

A full corvette Twin Turbo Kit $8-$10k. Good name brand parts and includes: Turbo, Intercooler, Wastegates, Downpipes, ic piping, bypass valves, injectors,and supporting hardware

Even If I gave benefit of the doubt and these turbos was priced as my examples.... how do you justify this price? They are nowhere near your MSRP.

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #103
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX PETE View Post
I appreciate what is being done for the s55 platform, but really want to know how you go to the price point. I come from a long line of boosted factory and aftermarket platforms. In a market where everyone is lowering prices to be competitive and “make” it, but you have a $9k price point. It seems like, let’s add a little of this and a little of that in hopes no1 will notice the “M Tax”. Again... my opinion but talking from my purchasing experience.

I’ve a breakdown of some of the best products in the market I have purchased in recent years

Fabricated aftermarket Manifold (Full Race, KLm) the fabricated manifolds run from good $800- best flowing $1500

A full corvette Twin Turbo Kit $8-$10k. Good name brand parts and includes: Turbo, Intercooler, Wastegates, Downpipes, ic piping, bypass valves, injectors,and supporting hardware

Even If I gave benefit of the doubt and these turbos was priced as my examples.... how do you justify this price? They are nowhere near your MSRP.

TIA.
While we respect your opinion, it's flawed with misinformation. We ask that you please read the information and facts provided carefully in our threads and posts before basing an opinion.

Every aspect of our turbo system that is designed by our engineering team serves an intended purpose, not for the intent of price hiking with "a little bit of this and a little bit of that" as you claim. Our MSRP is based on the merit of our products rather than what others sell their products for. As the Only True Dual Ceramic BB OEM Style Turbo Manufacturer in the industry for the platforms we design (Not A Shop), there is simply no other direct competition or comparison providing all the features and power output the KRAS55Bi has to offer. The MSRP of our KRAS55Bi is not $9K as you stated. Again, please read the first page of this master thread which shows our actual MSRP. Also, we manufacture turbo systems for MB as well as Mclaren, which are significantly higher priced vehicles. So, charging extra for an "M Tax" is an unfounded claim considering it's the least expensive of all the vehicles we manufacture turbo systems for.

The price examples you provided from shops offering turbo kits to compare against the MSRP of our KRAS55Bi are two completely different realms of product. These are kits from shops that utilize universal turbos that are not engineered or designed for a specific vehicle application. These universal turbos were never intended to be developed to maximize all aspects of VE for a specific engine application, whereas the KRATOS Turbos Systems are. This is one of the many reasons why our KRAS55Bi provides increased drivability, response, durability, and reliability than that of stock turbos, while having the capability to produce higher horsepower and torque than that of any other custom large frame single or twin turbo turbo system for the S55.

Here again is an actual breakdown of price comparison with our KRAS55Bi vs. stock style hybrid turbos listed in our previous post.
Most hybrid turbo companies will charge a $1,900 core fee and around $5,000 for their compressor and turbine wheel upgrades. This is a total around $6,900 effective cost. Whether or not you purchase a set of cores or send in your own, your cores have value and can be resold. If you subtract the $1,900 in value of your cores which are not used and can be resold from the price of the KRAS55Bi's at $7,895, you are left with a total effective cost of $5,995 as opposed to approximately $6,900 for hybrid stock turbos!

Given the information provided you have to ask yourself this question. How is it that KRATOS is charging more for their KRAS55Bi with a "M Tax" when the math clearly proves that purchasing a stock style hybrid turbo for the S55 actually costs you more? This only further proves our point that in actuality the end user is a getting quite a bit more for their money with our KRAS55Bi than with a stock style hybrid turbo.

Last edited by Sales@KRATOS; 07-05-2019 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #104
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX PETE View Post

TIA.
Its hilarious how you know nothing about the product you speak of, nothing of the R&D invested, the materials, the features, and yet you want to criticize the price?

Sounds ignorant.......
THEROK1266.00
hova001188.00
      07-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #105
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Its hilarious how you know nothing about the product you speak of, nothing of the R&D invested, the materials, the features, and yet you want to criticize the price?

Sounds ignorant.......
Spending a dick load of money on R&D then forking it off onto your customers to recoup your costs may not be the best business move
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #106
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Beautifully engineered product and kratos customer service is top notch. They make things so easy and are a pleasure to work with. 10/10

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #107
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Spending a dick load of money on R&D then forking it off onto your customers to recoup your costs may not be the best business move
Do you mind clarifying your statement and how it relates to Global Motoring Group and KRATOS Turbos?

As explained time and time again, the pricing information provided in our previous post clearly proves the total effective cost of a stock style hybrid turbo is significantly more than our KRAS55Bi, yet their R&D and production costs are exponentially less as they are not a manufacturer and still use the stock journal bearing CHRA's, stock compressor covers, and stock manifolds. Whereas, the KRAS55Bi's are Patent Pending blank sheet designed and engineered utilizing all the following components.

- KRATOS Dual Ceramic BB CHRA's
- KRATOS Re-Engineered & Re-Designed 316 Stainless Manifolds
- KRATOS Compressor Covers
- KRATOS Ti6Al4V Titanium Bullet Nuts
- KRATOS 3rd Order Geometry Forged Billet & Titanium Compressor Wheels
- KRATOS Proprietary Turbine Wheel
- KRATOS Match Ported Silicone Inlets With Billet Flanges

In the end, final MSRP is based on a variety costs including R&D, Engineering and Designing, Rapid Prototyping, Tooling, Molds, Materials, Production, Packaging, Patenting, etc, and not just R&D as you stated. These costs all factor in to how any manufacturer with the slightest bit of business sense calculates their MSRP. Let's also not forget that there is simply no other turbo system on the market for the S55 platform that's as reliable, durable, and produces remotely close to the same power level or performance as a KRATOS KRAS55Bi at any price point. This is one of the many reasons why our customers and vendors continue to purchase and support our products.
Appreciate 3
      07-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #108
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPro_F80 View Post
Beautifully engineered product and kratos customer service is top notch. They make things so easy and are a pleasure to work with. 10/10
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #109
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Yet another ignorant comment.....
      07-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #110
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
Do you mind clarifying your statement and how it relates to Global Motoring Group and KRATOS Turbos?

As explained time and time again, the pricing information provided in our previous post clearly proves the total effective cost of a stock style hybrid turbo is significantly more than our KRAS55Bi, yet their R&D and production costs are exponentially less as they are not a manufacturer and still use the stock journal bearing CHRA's, stock compressor covers, and stock manifolds. Whereas, the KRAS55Bi's are Patent Pending blank sheet designed and engineered utilizing all the following components.

- KRATOS Dual Ceramic BB CHRA's
- KRATOS Re-Engineered & Re-Designed 316 Stainless Manifolds
- KRATOS Compressor Covers
- KRATOS Ti6Al4V Titanium Bullet Nuts
- KRATOS 3rd Order Geometry Forged Billet & Titanium Compressor Wheels
- KRATOS Proprietary Turbine Wheel
- KRATOS Match Ported Silicone Inlets With Billet Flanges

In the end, final MSRP is based on a variety costs including R&D, Engineering and Designing, Rapid Prototyping, Tooling, Molds, Materials, Production, Packaging, Patenting, etc, and not just R&D as you stated. These costs all factor in to how any manufacturer with the slightest bit of business sense calculates their MSRP. Let's also not forget that there is simply no other turbo system on the market for the S55 platform that's as reliable, durable, and produces remotely close to the same power level or performance as a KRATOS KRAS55Bi at any price point. This is one of the many reasons why our customers and vendors continue to purchase and support our products.
Another kudos from a community member. Many thanks for advancing our platform!! This is a tough crowd (as you know lol). Had I literally not JUST installed my Pure Turbos when you dropped your product...I would have been ALL over it. Your product and engineering seem top notch.

Cheers
Appreciate 4
Closed Thread