GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #23
Megabass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CP

TommyLgarage on YouTube has a video to fix this. You can try cracking the windows a tiny bit to relieve pressure in the meantime. If it's door sills causing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #24
RecklessOne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MDX, Wrangler 4xe, X7(ordered)

Just picked up the car today and it’s great!

Turned out to be the front and rear window alignment on the drivers side.

I must say, the dealership experience is night and day between BMW of Southampton and Rallye.

I’m stoked that they fixed it and can’t wait to drive the car with the top down

Let me know if any more details would be helpful to folks dealing with the same issue. Happy to help in any way I can.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #25
Rotary1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessOne View Post
I bought a 2020 F83 in October of 2019. The car had a mild creak which I assumed was because of cold weather. The creak has become unbearable with the warmer weather. The vehicle has 2200 miles on it.

Things I have tried: cleaning the rubber seals with soap and water, Gummi Pflege, Sil Glyde, Krytox 105, Krytox 205. When the seals got too greasy (particularly the Sil Glyde), I did wipe them down with diluted Simple Green and then with soap and water. I tried the seals between the shadowline trim and rubber, the seals between the convertible top parts and the rear window "b" pillar seal. The Sil Glyde and Krytox 205 helped a little, but the creak has never been eliminated.

I've searched the forums and unfortunately the teflon tape solution doesn't seem like it would work with the F83 because the doors are borderless. For those who find the headliner fabric making noise when it rubs against itself, the teflon tape is a great solution there.

Took the car to the dealership (not the dealer where I purchased) and they kept it for 5 days, "lubricated the convertible top mechanism" and told me the noise is normal for a convertible. I had an Audi S5 prior to this and it was 10x quieter (at least at slower speeds).

Any recommendations on potential fixes? I'm thinking it is a window alignment issue because it mainly happens on the drivers side and if I very lightly tap the driver side window down, the noise disappears.

I purchased from Rallye BMW on Long Island and have an appointment later in August -- maybe they will treat me differently since I bought there. Anyone have luck with creaks at another dealership on Long Island?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I'm so aggravated that I'm ready to trade this car in for something else.
RAllye tried to fix one of my rattles (not creaks) coming from the dash. It is mostly gone so I suppose they did a good job. My service advisor did seem to be quite knowledgeable. They do have a good reputation but I've found a rattle in each front door and it is driving me nuts. Other than that I love the car.
Appreciate 0