Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

03-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Marvins
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Module SVT removal/delete... How? Help please.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this can be done but the options to delete are listed on E-SYS so maybe possible? (it just won't allow me to delete for some reason.)

I would like to remove a module from the car and potentially program another if needed so it doesn't create any errors when it no longer see's the data for it.

The module in question to be removed is the GHAS and I am not sure if the DSC requires programming or coding so it doesn't show a communication error with the GHAS once it has been removed? (if it can be deleted that is..)

A simple VO change/removal won't work as it is not in the SALAPA list. FDL coding will not solve this issue either as there is nothing in the DSC/KOMBI CAFD file to stop voltage monitoring of the GHAS etc...

Can this be done?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvins View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this can be done but the options to delete are listed on E-SYS so maybe possible? (it just won't allow me to delete for some reason.)

I would like to remove a module from the car and potentially program another if needed so it doesn't create any errors when it no longer see's the data for it.

The module in question to be removed is the GHAS and I am not sure if the DSC requires programming or coding so it doesn't show a communication error with the GHAS once it has been removed? (if it can be deleted that is..)

A simple VO change/removal won't work as it is not in the SALAPA list. FDL coding will not solve this issue either as there is nothing in the DSC/KOMBI CAFD file to stop voltage monitoring of the GHAS etc...

Can this be done?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
If you won't to remove the module from the CAR you need to unplug it as it's connected to CAN/LIN/FLEXRAY/ETH and car will see it, but I don't think you can simply remove GHAS as it is internal part of the M3/M4 platform.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Marvins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
If you won't to remove the module from the CAR you need to unplug it as it's connected to CAN/LIN/FLEXRAY/ETH and car will see it, but I don't think you can simply remove GHAS as it is internal part of the M3/M4 platform.
From wiring i have seen the GHAS is mainly controlled on Flexray via the ZGM, ICM & DSC. (with potential CAN links to the FRM & CAS, something im yet tot check.)

The only issue when disconnecting the GHAS i can see electronically is the DSC has a communication error, yet there are next to no parameters when FDL coding for the GHAS in the DSC.

This must be possible to program or code due to being told it can be done by a company that does it, but has since gone quite for some reason after I asked them to do it remotely for me.

The reason for removal of the GHAS in programming is due to the differential being upgraded plated differential that no longer requires the Servo motor that controls the lock.

Unplugging the servo motor creates more errors than the unplugging the GHAS, hence why programming it out would make more sense...?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 02:58 AM   #4
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

i can do this job.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #5
Marvins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 492600621 View Post