European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-14-2021, 12:16 PM   #45
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

We can all agree on one thing. ANY F8x tail light is better than the boring, completely uninspired Lexus tail light ripoffs they put on the G8x piggies. I even see Corolla when I look at those things ffs.
Appreciate 10
RugbyBro7600.50
TimmyM56241.50
bsmf8x777.00
sna66506.00
TideMD291.50
bm4w145.50
shay2nak1070.00
      05-14-2021, 12:48 PM   #46
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
We can all agree on one thing. ANY F8x tail light is better than the boring, completely uninspired Lexus tail light ripoffs they put on the G8x piggies. I even see Corolla when I look at those things ffs.
LOL my man never misses taking a shot

05-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #47
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
LOL my man never misses taking a shot

LoL, guns always loaded!!
Appreciate 1
RugbyBro7600.50
      05-14-2021, 01:12 PM   #48
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Have you guys see the F30/F80 FOLEDs in person? For the price of $500-650, the lights are a phenomenal value for what you get. All the people who complain about the start up pattern haven't really given them a chance or seen them in person. It's not as cheesy as some may think. Most of the time you don't even get to see it and I actually, usually want to catch some or all of the start up sequence. Look at these things light up in person at night and see if you're still not a fan.

Build quailty and fitment... for the price point and what you're getting in an overall package, its pretty great. Fitment is on point. Only thing that bothered me which isn't that big of a deal, I've noticed the lenses can micro scratch easy.

Are they OEM, no. We're you expecting OEM quality coming out of China and for the price? But, I'll tell you this much, they are definitely very very close in terms of overall fit and finish along with the price point not being anywhere close to what any kind of OEM BMW lights cost.

The fact that they're not REAL OLEDs but look damn near just as good, even up close, is a win for the F30/F80 owners who just got another - good looking taillights option and one that looks like the OLED design for a fraction of the price. What other cars are out there on the road with similar taillights/design? Not many, if not none.

I haven't come across any condensation issues on mine yet and hopefully I don't. *knocks on wood* First time hearing about it in this thread.

I would of paid 700-900 for the same lights, if that we're the price. But it's not, so even better.

I'm pretty sure the F32/F82 taillights price will simmer down to around $650-$800, if not less.

And about causing fires or taillights going out... I don't think they've been out long enough. But they certainly are installed on many F30/F80s. Hopefully that doesn't happen to anyone, but if does then that would be a huge downside. But, it hasn't, so we'll worry about that when/if that happens.

Just enjoy the lights. Appreciate the price point. I don't think you can go wrong, at least not yet.

Sincerely,

-GTS v2 fanboy! Ha!
Attached Images

Last edited by 11LMBiSTT; 05-14-2021 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Pics.
Appreciate 4
NickyC17442.00
Dengf8045.00
shay2nak1070.00
      05-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #49
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
Have you guys see the F30/F80 FOLEDs in person? For the price of $500-650, the lights are a phenomenal value for what you get. All the people who complain about the start up pattern haven't really given them a chance or seen them in person. It's not as cheesy as some may think. Most of the time you don't even get to see it and I actually, usually want to catch some or all of the start up sequence. Look at these things light up in person at night and see if you're still not a fan.

Build quailty and fitment... for the price point and what you're getting in an overall package, its pretty great. Fitment is on point. Only thing that bothered me which isn't that big of a deal, I've noticed the lenses can micro scratch easy.

Are they OEM, no. We're you expecting OEM quality coming out of China and for the price? But, I'll tell you this much, they are definitely very very close in terms of overall fit and finish along with the price point not being anywhere close to what any kind of OEM BMW lights cost.

The fact that they're not REAL OLEDs but look damn near just as good, even up close, is a win for the F30/F80 owners who just got another - good looking taillights option and one that looks like the OLED design for a fraction of the price. What other cars are out there on the road with similar taillights/design? Not many, if not none.

I haven't come across any condensation issues on mine yet and hopefully I don't. *knocks on wood* First time hearing about it in this thread.

I would of paid 700-900 for the same lights, if that we're the price. But it's not, so even better.

I'm pretty sure the F32/F82 taillights price will simmer down to around $650-$800, if not less.

And about causing fires or taillights going out... I don't think they've been out long enough. But they certainly are installed on many F30/F80s. Hopefully that doesn't happen to anyone, but if does then that would be a huge downside. But, it hasn't, so we'll worry about that when/if that happens.

Just enjoy the lights. Appreciate the price point. I don't think you can go wrong, at least not yet.

Sincerely,

-GTS v2 fanboy! Ha!
Yep they look great, beautiful car you have there! I think some, such as myself, just aren’t prepared to pay as much or heaven forbid over the price of OEM LCIs for these things. Your price point is good however, and once they become available for the F82 at a reasonable price I’ll take a shot at them. I’ve always been a big tail light fan!
Appreciate 2
bsmf8x777.00
TideMD291.50
      05-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #50
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post

Sincerely,

-GTS v2 fanboy! Ha!
Yeah if these looked like chinese ripoffs I'd agree with posters talking shit but after seeing the f80 ones I'm confident the f82 $9k OLED and $900 replicas are going to be borderline indistinguishable

We'll see when someone compares in person side by side

Hopefully these reps can hit 450-600 like the f80 ones
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 10:34 PM   #51
Abdul
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

As many of you already know, I'm the one selling the F80 OLED lights. I don't think anyone is buying them from anyone else but me. I've priced them so low that at times, I'm not sure that it's even worth my time. I sell them for $450.00 shipped to anywhere in the states. lol. But I'm not trying to get rich from taillights. I've always been selling HELLA headlights and taillights for the e39 M5 and for many other ///M models. I enjoy doing this.

https://www.m5board.com/threads/unbe....611080/page-6

I'm in direct contact with the manufacturer almost on a daily basis for the F82 OLED lights. I have a trip scheduled to China in the next month or so to see the process myself. At the moment, there are third-party sellers trying to sell the samples. Do not buy them. I'll keep you all posted.
Appreciate 9
NickyC17442.00
brocurls263.00
MJ6963.50
r0wr589.00
sabrina493.50
bm4w145.50
      05-17-2021, 11:09 PM   #52
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

As stated in the other thread, I caved and ordered these after seeing new photos and videos. They can be seen in the links below.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002614289297.html (I ordered from this one and was able to get a more reasonable price after asking the seller)
and
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002645281954.html (this one is listed for cheaper and has a better quality mounted vid)

I'm sure everyone else can get a discount as well, just PM the seller for a discount and haggle it down further afterwards. I didn't try too hard to get the lowest price but they seem to be able to take off $100-$150 without much effort for single orders. Note that the first link I purchased from includes "free shipping" which they claim to be 1-2 weeks and they start shipping this batch in 9 days from now. For multiple orders, I believe they can go as low as $575-$650 (at least to the UK).

The ad states that the manufacturer is VLAND which is the same as the F30/F80 ones. IMO, I'd treat these as V1.5's since they use the same design with the line as the F80's V2's already.

And don't forget to stack the store's $20 coupon, Rakuten cashback and CC foreign currency cashback bonus (change currency to something else on the top right).
Appreciate 1
FatHulk127.50
      05-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #53
///Gunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 / 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul@mpowermotorsports View Post
As many of you already know, I'm the one selling the F80 OLED lights. I don't think anyone is buying them from anyone else but me. I've priced them so low that at times, I'm not sure that it's even worth my time. I sell them for $450.00 shipped to anywhere in the states. lol. But I'm not trying to get rich from taillights. I've always been selling HELLA headlights and taillights for the e39 M5 and for many other ///M models. I enjoy doing this.

I'm in direct contact with the manufacturer almost on a daily basis for the F82 OLED lights. I have a trip scheduled to China in the next month or so to see the process myself. At the moment, there are third-party sellers trying to sell the samples. Do not buy them. I'll keep you all posted.
Thats a very reasonable price for a set of replica… im standing by waiting for you to provide these for the F82 to place my order. Thanks for your service!
      05-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #54
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul@mpowermotorsports View Post

As soon as you see them and feel good about quality/fitment let me know too, standing by to purchase.
      05-18-2021, 11:10 AM   #55
j2nicee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92

Standing by to purchase a set as well, is there a group buy going yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 11:17 AM   #56
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep

Found more pictures directly from the rear:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002642936454.html
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:12 AM   #57
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

^Wonton- links not working
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 04:19 PM   #58
pjacobs
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I tried jumping the gun on this as well. The links are mysteriously not working. One link says, cannot ship to USA. I'm on the fence about selling my F80 M3 and pick up a M4. Don't need the 4 doors anymore. I have a lot experience from my e46 days dealing with vendors from China. The rule of thumb is, do not buy anything till a reputable local vendor starts selling them. Show pictures of the parts in their own facility. Take responsibility if there any damages. These lights are going to come out. We have waited this long. Let's wait a little longer.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #59
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
I tried jumping the gun on this as well. The links are mysteriously not working. One link says, cannot ship to USA. I'm on the fence about selling my F80 M3 and pick up a M4. Don't need the 4 doors anymore. I have a lot experience from my e46 days dealing with vendors from China. The rule of thumb is, do not buy anything till a reputable local vendor starts selling them. Show pictures of the parts in their own facility. Take responsibility if there any damages. These lights are going to come out. We have waited this long. Let's wait a little longer.
I'm already seeing ads on IG and vendors in UK and Australia are already reselling them at around $1100.

Some things are worth jumping on early, and IMO, these are one of them.

The aliexpress seller (JIA YI?) seems to be working with or are the same as the people who are actually manufacturing them. He says after this first batch, it's going to be a LONG time before they make any more.

Could be a sale tactic and it worked on me. Could I possibly save like $200 in half a year? Maybe. I'd pay $200 to get these in 2 weeks instead of possibly 1 year.
I've waited way too long for this to miss out on a possibly one time batch.

And about the links no longer working, that's really weird. I changed my location from Canada and US and I got the error message as well. I wonder why.
This one still works though: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002633727331.html
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #60
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Lmao every time I check this thread the price goes up $100.

Definitely not going to drop $1k on some Chinese untested replicas, especially with the only person selling the F80 lights saying to wait for the finalized version. Y'all order some and let me know what you think haha
Appreciate 2
NickyC17442.00
bsmf8x777.00
      05-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #61
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post

Definitely not going to drop $1k on some Chinese untested replicas, especially with the only person selling the F80 lights saying to wait for the finalized version. Y'all order some and let me know what you think haha
Supply and demand.

These aren't "untested", the F80 versions were guinea pigs already. And like I said multiple times, you could've and possibly still can bargain with the seller to get a discount.

Still confused about how he's claiming he's the only one selling F80 oled lights when KIES, bayoptiks and mashimarho are a few of a huge list of vendors out there who sells them. Or is he the main distributor of them and these big name vendors buy from him? I'd assume big name vendors would have the same supplier as he does.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #62
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [8.33]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:

Supply and demand.

These aren't "untested", the F80 versions were guinea pigs already. And like I said multiple times, you could've and possibly still can bargain with the seller to get a discount.

Still confused about how he's claiming he's the only one selling F80 oled lights when KIES, bayoptiks and mashimarho are a few of a huge list of vendors out there who sells them. Or is he the main distributor of them and these big name vendors buy from him? I'd assume big name vendors would have the same supplier as he does.
Exactly!

There are about 10 retailers

When someone claims here without any info of any kind. Everyone seems to believe.
Yet skeptical of a manufacturer that has been making these lights for a while for another model.

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:32 PM   #63
Abdul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
I'm already seeing ads on IG and vendors in UK and Australia are already reselling them at around $1100.

Some things are worth jumping on early, and IMO, these are one of them.

The aliexpress seller (JIA YI?) seems to be working with or are the same as the people who are actually manufacturing them. He says after this first batch, it's going to be a LONG time before they make any more.

Could be a sale tactic and it worked on me. Could I possibly save like $200 in half a year? Maybe. I'd pay $200 to get these in 2 weeks instead of possibly 1 year.
I've waited way too long for this to miss out on a possibly one time batch.

And about the links no longer working, that's really weird. I changed my location from Canada and US and I got the error message as well. I wonder why.
This one still works though: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002633727331.html
So this link does look like the guy is selling it. I went back and forth with him and he said he has 100 sets. Only downside is the 40 day sea shipping wait time.

I'm not vouching for him. But everyone can do their own research and buy. I'm going to wait it out at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:28 AM   #64
///Gunner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 / 2021 BMW X5

Quote:

+1
      05-27-2021, 06:40 AM   #65
Abdul
Rep

Do not buy right now

I went ahead and made a purchase directly through the VLAND website. Everyone else is just chiming in and giving different links. I checked out with express shipping and then I receive another email telling me that this is pre-order and they actually don't have it in stock in the USA. Crazy. Here are the screenshots.

Now I have to pay an additional $50.00. God knows when they will actually arrive. And for sure I will have to pay additional customs in the states. Anything above $800.00 is taxable. I'm not even stressing too much about the cost but the lack of clarity is troublesome.

I'm not going to cancel my order and I'm actually going to wait it out and keep you posted on my order. Nothing against VLAND. They are the manufacturers of these lights and the F80 lights. It's just that these lights have not touched down in the country as of yet. So whoever is interested, the best option would be to hold your money until it arrives here. They have a warehouse in California so once they get the stock there, that will be a game changer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #66
Abdul
Rep

I'm in direct contact with VLAND as well. This order was done as a retail customer to see what the journey from sale to dispatching of the product is like in real-time. One member over here said that they may be lying to me and the product is already here so I decided to cross-reference things.

In conclusion, the manufacturers that I'm talking to all along were correct. The final version of these lights will be out by the end of next month.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17442.00