Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #23
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarani View Post
Thank you for the information. You're right. I guess I just have to wait it out (not that I have any other options lol).

Well let me know if you need a hookup once it's time to get into a new one and she can sure help.
I appreciate that, but at this point I'm planning on keeping my F82 for at least the next 3-4 years. I think that the new grilles that have been rumored/leaked are an abomination. And the ZF 8-speed is not a suitable replacement for the DCT.
Totally agree with you. Exactly why I ordered my 2020 and not waited for the 2021.
      01-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #24
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
you will drive yourself crazy checking on things lol trust me. Ive done it almost 20 times. hang in there, takes a little time but once you get it, it will be worth it!

also fastest way to get up to date info is to call BMW 1-800 number or ask your sales reps (looks like your finance ). The online info usually lags a bit for anyone who is reading this and doesn't already know that.

figure once the car starts production its usually 7-9 weeks till you get it on avg
Lol I know it's driving me crazy. But I'm taking everyone's advice and just waiting it out without checking on it ever 2 hours lol. I even sat down and did a whole mod list for it haha
      01-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #25
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Quote:
Quote:
you will drive yourself crazy checking on things lol trust me. Ive done it almost 20 times. hang in there, takes a little time but once you get it, it will be worth it!

also fastest way to get up to date info is to call BMW 1-800 number or ask your sales reps (looks like your finance ). The online info usually lags a bit for anyone who is reading this and doesn't already know that.

figure once the car starts production its usually 7-9 weeks till you get it on avg
Lol I know it's driving me crazy. But I'm taking everyone's advice and just waiting it out without checking on it ever 2 hours lol. I even sat down and did a whole mod list for it haha
You think you're bad? I already bought a boatload of mods on Black Friday. I got a production number 11/27 and my car arrived at the port in the states on Monday. My CA says in all his years this was by far one of the fastest productions he's seen. Nothing individual though. It'll be here before you know it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #26
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
You think you're bad? I already bought a boatload of mods on Black Friday. I got a production number 11/27 and my car arrived at the port in the states on Monday. My CA says in all his years this was by far one of the fastest productions he's seen. Nothing individual though. It'll be here before you know it.
Your car arrived at one of BMW's Eastern VDCs, Baltimore, or Brunswick, GA, a much shorter distance than the OP's car will have to travel. The OP's car has to go past the Eastern ports, all the way south to the Panama Canal, make the transit through the Canal, sail south around the tip of Panama, and then make it's way up the Central American coasts of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, past most of the Mexican coast, before sailing up the Baja California Coast, and then halfway up the coast of California to Oxnard, CA, BMW's West Coast VDC.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #27
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Your car arrived at one of BMW's Eastern VDCs, Baltimore, or Brunswick, GA, a much shorter distance than the OP's car will have to travel. The OP's car has to go past the Eastern ports, all the way south to the Panama Canal, make the transit through the Canal, sail south around the tip of Panama, and then make it's way up the Central American coasts of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, past most of the Mexican coast, before sailing up the Baja California Coast, and then halfway up the coast of California to Oxnard, CA, BMW's West Coast VDC.
So I guess it's safe to say my car is on a full Caribbean vacation
      01-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #28
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the way to do it. Have all mods ready to go. I've literally watched every m3/m4 video on YouTube
      01-03-2020, 08:04 PM   #29
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also Congrats on the car!!!
      01-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #30
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
If you really want to kill some time and keep yourself from going completely crazy waiting for your delivery, you can literally track your car from when it leaves port at Bremerhaven, into the North Sea, through the English Channel and out into the Atlantic. You can pick it up again when it gets near to the Panama Canal and all the way through the Canal. You might get sporadic reports as it transits past Central America and you should be able to pick it up again when it nears San Diego and travels up the CA coast. You can get pictures from webcams in various ports and as your ship passes key points in the Canal.

I did this for all three of our Euro Deliveries. Here's the links to the threads, which will give you all the info you need. Disclaimer: things change, so not all the info may be current:

2018, my wife's M3, on the Morning Glory: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&highlight=VDC

2016, my M4 Coupe, on the Tirranna: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1269107

2011, my wife's 335is Coupe, on the Faust: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=545882

Be sure to post create a thread and create your own transit journal!

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #31
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
If you really want to kill some time and keep yourself from going completely crazy waiting for your delivery, you can literally track your car from when it leaves port at Bremerhaven, into the North Sea, through the English Channel and out into the Atlantic. You can pick it up again when it gets near to the Panama Canal and all the way through the Canal. You might get sporadic reports as it transits past Central America and you should be able to pick it up again when it nears San Diego and travels up the CA coast. You can get pictures from webcams in various ports and as your ship passes key points in the Canal.

I did this for all three of our Euro Deliveries. Here's the links to the threads, which will give you all the info you need. Disclaimer: things change, so not all the info may be current:

2018, my wife's M3, on the Morning Glory: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&highlight=VDC

2016, my M4 Coupe, on the Tirranna: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1269107

2011, my wife's 335is Coupe, on the Faust: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=545882

Be sure to post create a thread and create your own transit journal!
Thank you so much for the information and your detailed response. I will definitely look into tracking it using the methods you mentioned. You're definitely an expert on this since you ordered so many cars lol. Can't wait to get it and post some pictures for you guys. So here is my spec:

2020 M4
AW on Full SO leather
ZCP (with silver 666 wheels)
DCT (went back and forth for a month)
Executive package (those eyes )
Carbon Shifter
Carbon Center Console
Carbon Hand brake
Heated Steering Wheel
Power rear sunshade

Last edited by Redline Fanatix; 01-05-2020 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #32
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
So after letting the holidays go by and letting some time pass, I just check again and it still shows my car is in paint shop (152) : It's been in the paint shop since 12-16-19. Funny thing is, I have the most basic paint (AW). Oh well, can't do nothing but wait. I wonder what happens if it still shows this in a week, 2 weeks?
      01-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #33
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
So after letting the holidays go by and letting some time pass, I just check again and it still shows my car is in paint shop (152) : It's been in the paint shop since 12-16-19. Funny thing is, I have the most basic paint (AW). Oh well, can't do nothing but wait. I wonder what happens if it still shows this in a week, 2 weeks?
BMW usually shuts down the factories for 10 days to 2 weeks over Christmas-New Years Day.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #34
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:
BMW usually shuts down the factories for 10 days to 2 weeks over Christmas-New Years Day.
Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks in the paint booth
      01-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #35
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks in the paint booth
it'll be here soon!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #36
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Finally Looks like it's finished assembly and getting a quality check.
Attached Images

01-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #37
NCSTIG
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 MSport

Deal Details?

Quote:
Congrats on your new addition! Can you provide what your deal looked like? Lease or finance? Vehicle price? %off MSRP? TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #38
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSTIG View Post
Quote:
Congrats on your new addition! Can you provide what your deal looked like? Lease or finance? Vehicle price? %off MSRP? TIA
Thank you! Once I do the contract I can post my exact numbers. I'm doing a employee lease as my fiancé works for BMW. My MSRP is $85,300 including destination.
      01-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #39
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

Congratulations! I definitely understand your stalker-ish emotions over the order tracking.

Only been 7 months ago when I was refreshing the production page every 2-3hrs for weeks.

The 1200mi break-in period will also be a pain in the ass too once you get seat time.

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #40
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
Congratulations! I definitely understand your stalker-ish emotions over the order tracking.

Only been 7 months ago when I was refreshing the production page every 2-3hrs for weeks.

The 1200mi break-in period will also be a pain in the ass too once you get seat time.
Thank you! Yea that's what I'm exactly currently going through lol. I'm gonna enjoy ever mile of the break-in because it's the only time it will be driven peacefully and not like I have just robbed a bank and getting away.
      01-22-2020, 11:09 AM   #41
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
So my car finally updated again and it shows it's at the port. From what I've read and understand, it should take about a month before it's at my dealer. Here is some screenshots of my spec. Cheers.
Attached Images

01-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #42
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Can't wait to see some pictures when it comes stateside!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #43
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
Can't wait to see some pictures when it comes stateside!
Thank you! Will post as soon I pick it up
      02-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #44
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Ok gents, so looks like my car will be delivered to my dealer on 2/24. Right now it's at Port getting the interior carbon pieces installed. Super excited!

Will post pictures once I take delivery
Attached Images