EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

"Wheel Retrofit" delay 6-9 weeks

My car has been hit with this delay. Was produced and finished 9/23 but now delayed. If your car has finished production but stuck in status 181 you may be in the same boat. (No pun intended cause you ain't on a boat if so) Below is the e-mail sent to my dealer by the port as I pushed for status of my car.

Quote:
We have been advised that there are M3’s & M4’s that will be delayed by an unforeseen retrofit of 19” wheels (2VZ).

Listed below are your cars that are affected.

(removed small list of cars from my dealer)

These cars are produced, but in Status 181, awaiting retrofit.

The delay may be 6-9 weeks.

No changes can be made to the wheels in order to speed shipment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 05:18 AM   #2
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Are you getting ZCP wheels?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
My car has been hit with this delay. Was produced and finished 9/23 but now delayed. If your car has finished production but stuck in status 181 you may be in the same boat. (No pun intended cause you ain't on a boat if so) Below is the e-mail sent to my dealer by the port as I pushed for status of my car.

Quote:
We have been advised that there are M3’s & M4’s that will be delayed by an unforeseen retrofit of 19” wheels (2VZ).

Listed below are your cars that are affected.

(removed small list of cars from my dealer)

These cars are produced, but in Status 181, awaiting retrofit.

The delay may be 6-9 weeks.

No changes can be made to the wheels in order to speed shipment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
I just don't see how this could take 6-9 weeks for just wheels, especially since my car had the black 19s also and was completed a week after yours.

Also, what exactly does a retrofit entail--A complete replacement of the wheel or some type of modification to the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Are you getting ZCP wheels?
I wish lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

I pinged my CA today (a Saturday) to see if he could tell me if my car is affected by this. He came back with: "they said that it is not"

Now I have almost zero confidence that this is indeed the case, but I suppose there's a chance. Although I completed production around the same time that the two folks that are confirmed to be affected by the retrofit, my production started very early competitively speaking (sept 5th). So maybe my car got one of the few sets of remaining black 19s before they ran out? Or whatever might have happened to cause this
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Koooter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I just got the same email. This F*****sucks.
Harmon Kardon
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
I pinged my CA today (a Saturday) to see if he could tell me if my car is affected by this. He came back with: "they said that it is not"

Now I have almost zero confidence that this is indeed the case, but I suppose there's a chance. Although I completed production around the same time that the two folks that are confirmed to be affected by the retrofit, my production started very early competitively speaking (sept 5th). So maybe my car got one of the few sets of remaining black 19s before they ran out? Or whatever might have happened to cause this
I was built right after dmk and somehow mine is ok?? That is weird also. Maybe one bad batch?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post
I was built right after dmk and somehow mine is ok?? That is weird also. Maybe one bad batch?
Could be.

How do you know that you're OK? Did your CA tell you, or is your car already on a boat?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Could be.

How do you know that you're OK? Did your CA tell you, or is your car already on a boat?
Car got on the Columbia Highway this past Thursday and is already in Southampton England based on the tracker. Automated message at BMW NA says in transit and on vessel. BMW NA rep also confirmed. Just odd that my car was built after dmk and kooter's cars and I have black 19s.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #10
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Car got on the Columbia Highway this past Thursday and is already in Southampton England based on the tracker. Automated message at BMW NA says in transit and on vessel. BMW NA rep also confirmed. Just odd that my car was built after dmk and kooter's cars and I have black 19s.
Agree that it's odd.

Is of that my cat is supposedly safe, yet in in 181 status for better than two weeks, just like dmk and kooter.

Glad that yours made it out though
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agree that it's odd.

Is of that my cat is supposedly safe, yet in in 181 status for better than two weeks, just like dmk and kooter.

Glad that yours made it out though
Thanks bud, I hope your cars get on a ship asap. 6-9 weeks can't be accurate in my opinion,especially for just wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
m3s_are_crisp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koooter View Post
I just got the same email. This F*****sucks.
When did your car complete production? I think DMK and I both finished 9/23.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
Koooter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
I glad to hear yours made it thru without any problems. Some of us are more lucky than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s_are_crisp View Post

Mine ended production 9/22.
Harmon Kardon
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #14
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I glad to hear yours made it thru without any problems. Some of us are more lucky than others.

Yep it sucks. Just got done test driving Tesla S, GTR, and an M5 comp pack. Liked them all lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

All it took was a simple delay to get you to consider other cars, maybe you never really wanted the m in the first place, relax man
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siciliano611 View Post
All it took was a simple delay to get you to consider other cars, maybe you never really wanted the m in the first place, relax man
We all have our own timetables that need to be met. My e92 warranty runs out and will drop my trade in value. Ticking time bomb.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

Won't drop it near what you think especially if they committed a value to u at the dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
1m4tr
Private
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yep it sucks. Just got done test driving Tesla S, GTR, and an M5 comp pack. Liked them all lol.
How was the Tesla S test drive? The new AWD version that will do 3.2 0-60 times sounds amazing.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #19
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koooter
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3s_are_crisp View Post

Thanks Kooter! I hope you,dmk, and the others get your cars asap!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
Quote:

Stick with the M3! The GTR and M5 are amazing, but there is just something about M3/M4s that are a little extra special in my opinion.

I found the the Tesla Model S to be really boring. Nice interior, side profile and rear, but I really can't stand that oval front grill for some reason. The car is super quiet and has a smooth ride.

No way it's gonna take 6-9 weeks imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stick with the M3! The GTR and M5 are amazing, but there is just something about M3/M4s that are a little extra special in my opinion.

I found the the Tesla Model S to be really boring. Nice interior, side profile and rear, but I really can't stand that oval front grill for some reason. The car is super quiet and has a smooth ride.

No way it's gonna take 6-9 weeks imo.
Yeah I've decided to give it another 2-3 weeks at least and see what happens. Hopefully that 6-9 weeks started 3 weeks ago when my car was "done" lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #22
Techworks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Brilliant white m5

Thanks for posting this. My car finished on 9/22, sat in final inspection until 9/29, and has been sitting ready for transport to port since then. I'm guessing I've been held up by the same issue. I haven't been able to get any info from BMW, so I appreciate you sharing.
Appreciate 0