Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #67
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Excellent!

02-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #68
DWEI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

damn bruh. wish i had that kinda cash to keep throwing at my car lol. nice build tho.
      02-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #69
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
Excellent!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWEI View Post
damn bruh. wish i had that kinda cash to keep throwing at my car lol. nice build tho.
It’s actually a pretty basic build aside from some of the aesthetic stuff, but that’s mandatory for me lol. I really only bought what was necessary performance wise. Yea it’s definitely not cheap, but could have been way worse haha. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #70
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownOne View Post
Thanks!

It’s actually a pretty basic build aside from some of the aesthetic stuff, but that’s mandatory for me lol. I really only bought what was necessary performance wise. Yea it’s definitely not cheap, but could have been way worse haha. Thanks man!

Great!

I personally went with mostly comfort stuff (+$12K!!) and coding. Performance wise, I felt the car was already a beast.

Although, I am starting to get an itch for a proper tune ("BM3"?) in order to tighten up the throttle feel And, to get all
that torque to actually work for me and not against me!

Cheers!

02-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #71
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
Great!

I personally went with mostly comfort stuff (+$12K!!) and coding. Performance wise, I felt the car was already a beast.

Although, I am starting to get an itch for a proper tune ("BM3"?) in order to tighten up the throttle feel And, to get all
that torque to actually work for me and not against me!

Cheers!

Yea any bit of modding seems to add up quick haha! Glad to hear you got your car setup how you like brotha, that’s what it all about.

If you’re ready to get more performance out of your car I would suggest the basics and just do bmc drop in replacement filters, remove charcoal filters from top of airboxes and Bm3 Cary Jordan tune for either pump gas or e85 depending or your location and availability. Very simple stuff and would add 80-100whp for about $1k.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #72
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea any bit of modding seems to add up quick haha! Glad to hear you got your car setup how you like brotha, that’s what it all about.

If you’re ready to get more performance out of your car I would suggest the basics and just do bmc drop in replacement filters, remove charcoal filters from top of airboxes and Bm3 Cary Jordan tune for either pump gas or e85 depending or your location and availability. Very simple stuff and would add 80-100whp for about $1k.

Cheers!

OCD...

Last edited by Trevorstein; 02-05-2020 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #73
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have builds lists for my cars too but not as elaborate haha. Car ocd is a real thing haha
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #74
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have builds lists for my cars too but not as elaborate haha. Car ocd is a real thing haha
Yeah, I went a bit insane!!

Cheers!

02-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #75
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 YMB/6MT

Wow, really dig your set-up! I thought those wheels were HRE's at first.

Curious about two things:
1. Why did you choose the Pure High Flows vice the 2+
2. How are the Hoosiers holding up? I'm thinking about getting set for my Mexico nights...

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1466873
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #76
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou View Post
Wow, really dig your set-up! I thought those wheels were HRE's at first.

Curious about two things:
1. Why did you choose the Pure High Flows vice the 2+
2. How are the Hoosiers holding up? I'm thinking about getting set for my Mexico nights...
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Yea I really like the apex wheels, quality is outstanding and concavity is on point visually. Haha naw I “budget” built this.

1. I actually first ordered the 2+ but after talking with tom@eas and the guys at pure the 2’s appeared to fit the bill for what I intended to do so we went that route.

2. Hoosiers are holding up fine to daily driving (even driven them in light rain sketchy af) and corner grip is unreal. Traction is great once they warm up but 2nd gear is still too much and spins them since it comes on so hard/quick. I’ve pulled 30% boost out of 2nd but still no dice lol
      02-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #77
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well I switched from my custom e85/meth file to a stage2 hybrid 93 ots file to run some gas through the fuel system and it’s noticeably different! Slower of course wot and overall just less “peppy” from reduced timing, but more burbling/crackling on the same exhaust valve settings.

On the bright side I have 0% boost reduction in all gears, can get traction in 2nd gear wot and only have to drive it like this for a few more days haha.

Also looking at turning it up soon so keep an eye out...

Last edited by BlownOne; 02-17-2020 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #78
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Change my rear diff fluid today (44k miles) and apparently it really needed it lol. Grabbed 2L of oem rear diff fluid from bmw, already had a fluid pump and just went for a drive to make sure the fluid was warm. Drained diff completely and it was super dark! Wiped the fill and drain plugs completely clean (they appear to be slightly magnetic) then refilled with new OEM fluid until it seeped out. Plan on changing it again in 10k miles since it was so dark.

Old vs New fluid lol
Attached Images

03-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #79
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I changed from my oem intakes with bmc drop in filters to VRSF open intakes as I was planning on turning the car up and we thought it might be a restriction heading towards the 750-800whp zone. Ordered them from mike@x-ph and he got them to me overnight for a good price! Install was straightforward and took about 30-45 mins. Fitment on the passenger side is an issue but VRSF has been emailing with me about it and is coming up with a solution.

Noise wise they are only a bit louder cruising, but once you get on it they whistle pretty good! The car felt faster but placebo is a bitch sometimes so until I knew for sure with some data to back it up I wasn’t certain. Yesterday the conditions were right so I flipped on my dragy hit the same spot that I usually do my testing and sure as shit best ever 60-130mph and it wasn’t even a perfect pass! Over 2 tenths quicker than my previous personal best and there’s some more in it for sure! Should have 5.9x very soon����

To be clear, the only change made was swapping intakes and that’s it. No tuning or any other changes and the car still picked up a good amount of power in order to gain 2+ tenths in 60-130mph! Shows that once you get to the 700whp zone the stock intakes do become a restriction.
Attached Images

Last edited by BlownOne; 03-07-2020 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
EricVR4603.50
      04-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #80
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

*Little maintenance update*

I changed my motor oil (oem bmw) and wiper blades yesterday haha, but other than that my car is running great and is just ridiculously fast! Put my draggy in my buddies gt500 and got a new perspective about how fast my car really is lol.This setup is the perfect blend of basic parts and really does everything well...cruises, rips, rails around corners and looks good doing it!
Attached Images

Last edited by BlownOne; 04-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Added new engine bay pic
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #81
ayeayeron_f80
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
I changed from my oem intakes with bmc drop in filters to VRSF open intakes as I was planning on turning the car up and we thought it might be a restriction heading towards the 750-800whp zone. Ordered them from mike@x-ph and he got them to me overnight for a good price! Install was straightforward and took about 30-45 mins. Fitment on the passenger side is an issue but VRSF has been emailing with me about it and is coming up with a solution.
First of all, nice bang for buck build! So much for that guy knockin you when you were working on the clean up phase

A lot of forum members tend to raise a red flag on open air intakes that take in hot air from the engine bay. Coupling that with the stock intercooler, have you seen higher than normal air intake temps? I love the sound of open air but think something that takes in cooler air and beefing up the IC would net you better performance year round...but more so for me during summers in Las Vegas
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #82
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeayeron_f80 View Post
First of all, nice bang for buck build! So much for that guy knockin you when you were working on the clean up phase :lol

A lot of forum members tend to raise a red flag on open air intakes that take in hot air from the engine bay. Coupling that with the stock intercooler, have you seen higher than normal air intake temps? I love the sound of open air but think something that takes in cooler air and beefing up the IC would net you better performance year round...but more so for me during summers in Las Vegas
Thanks brotha! Hahaha yea that guy is an idiot. Even if that’s what my build consisted of entirely, why knock it? People🤦🏻*♂️

On most platforms that’s usually the consensus with open intakes, however I’ve always done it with great results. In this case the oem scoops are still feeding ambient air into the filters and although they are open, once at speed it’s not much of an issue imo. In addition to that, methanol injection post intercooler is the best thing for keeping iats low so there is never an issue. From what I’ve seen in logs regardless of my starting inlet temperature which is usually somewhere from upper 80’s-90’s they drop down into the 60s during 3rd/4th gear wot pull. I would replace the intercooler if/when my stock unit failed but at this point if it ain’t broke don’t fix it haha
      06-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #83
BlownOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Got the car cleaned up and played in Mexico a bit last night
Attached Images

07-16-2020, 06:47 AM   #84
luchocamp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M2LPower

Quote:

Noise wise they are only a bit louder cruising, but once you get on it they whistle pretty good! The car felt faster but placebo is a bitch sometimes so until I knew for sure with some data to back it up I wasn’t certain. Yesterday the conditions were right so I flipped on my dragy hit the same spot that I usually do my testing and sure as shit best ever 60-130mph and it wasn’t even a perfect pass! Over 2 tenths quicker than my previous personal best and there’s some more in it for sure! Should have 5.9x very soon����

To be clear, the only change made was swapping intakes and that’s it. No tuning or any other changes and the car still picked up a good amount of power in order to gain 2+ tenths in 60-130mph! Shows that once you get to the 700whp zone the stock intakes do become a restriction.
thanks for your dragy. it improves a lot because your previous 6.2 was with a negative DA and actual 6.0 was with your higher DA means the car ia lot better. Kepp it up
instagram @luchocampusano YouTube Lucho Campusano
Appreciate 0