ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

09-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

2018 M3 DCT, Atlantis Blue, Full Leather, $86k MSRP 9500mi, Non-paint ding on Carfax

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey guys,
I have my car up for sale at my cousin's dealership on consignment. There is a blemish on the carfax and pinpoint pits on the grill, windshield, emblem, xPel which I did not fix because I honestly don't think I'll get the money out of it and the car looks great as is. If it did not have the carfax ding it would probably sell for a lot more than I'm asking so my thought is that the claim check will make up some of the difference in sales price and someone will get a rare, highly optioned M3 at a great price.

The Story
It was heavily peppered by small rocks on the highway. The car has a full wrap around xPel clear bra so the paint, headlights, and mirrors, etc were all protected. However, if you look closely at the grill, BMW emblem, front clear bra, and windshield, you'll notice pinpoint pits(but no cracks or chips). I called my insurance agent to ask what, if anything, my insurance would do and he jumped the gun and submitted a claim.

The Good:
  • Fully optioned BMW M3, MSRP $86k
  • Full xPel Clear Bra, ~$3500
  • Both Keys
  • Clear Title

The Bad:
  • Emblem, grill, front xPel clear bra, and windshield shows pinpoint pitting.
  • "Damage" reported on Carfax

Full Disclosure:
The car was broken in properly and after the first service, it was tracked a total of 8 days between January 30th and May 29th. I had a dedicated set of track wheels, tires, a full Big Brake kit(since 1600 miles), so tires have tons of thread, the wheels are perfect, and the brakes are like new.

Listing can be found at here: 2018 M3 DCT Atlantis Blue

Please keep in mind that I realize that a car with any history might not be everyone's cup of tea. If you feel strongly that the car should be given away because of it, I'm not in a hurry to sell and I'm not entertaining "low ball" offers so, please no need to comment or PM.

Otherwise, if anyone from the forums has any questions, please let me know. I'm happy to provide info but the deal will run through the dealership so I can get the sales tax credit on another purchase. These pictures were taken in March, they were the last pictures I took myself, but the car still looks the same.

Best Regards,
Ali

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Who would've ever thought we'd see *TWO* different 2018 M3s in individual Atlantis paint on the first page of the For Sale section at the same time?
Appreciate 2
bmbweber235.50
6ixSpd5996.50
      09-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Who would've ever thought we'd see *TWO* different 2018 M3s in individual Atlantis paint on the first page of the For Sale section at the same time?
Yeah and the color combos are pretty much dead on!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Such a great looking car. Am I understanding correctly that the insurance Co reported damage to the car because you asked if they'd cover the clear bra damage?
      09-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
kevolution
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Such a great looking car. Am I understanding correctly that the insurance Co reported damage to the car because you asked if they'd cover the clear bra damage?
Yeah that seems weird. Why would the insurance company make a claim if no fix was ordered?

Also what do you mean it's going to go through the dealership? Are you saying the dealership will broker the transaction at the agreed upon price? Do they get a commission or markup out of it?
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      09-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevolution View Post
Yeah that seems weird. Why would the insurance company make a claim if no fix was ordered?

Also what do you mean it's going to go through the dealership? Are you saying the dealership will broker the transaction at the agreed upon price? Do they get a commission or markup out of it?
Basically at the end of the conversation with my insurance agent I received an email saying the claim process was started. I immediately called him back and told him I was just asking and I never instructed him to submit it. He appologized and said that once a claim has been started even if they cancel it unfortunately it will still be reported to carfax but there will be some notation that it was canceled.

At that point I was faced with two options. Option one was to take check, fix the car, and file for depreciated value with the insurance or take the check and sell the car at a discount.

In terms of the dealership, he's my cousin, I pay him a fee separately for processing the transaction. The only reason I mention it is because it's officially listed at his dealership but I'm posting the same car on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #7
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce AaLee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevolution View Post

Basically at the end of the conversation with my insurance agent I received an email saying the claim process was started. I immediately called him back and told him I was just asking and I never instructed him to submit it. He appologized and said that once a claim has been started even if they cancel it unfortunately it will still be reported to carfax but there will be some notation that it was canceled.

At that point I was faced with two options. Option one was to take check, fix the car, and file for depreciated value with the insurance or take the check and sell the car at a discount.

In terms of the dealership, he's my cousin, I pay him a fee separately for processing the transaction. The only reason I mention it is because it's officially listed at his dealership but I'm posting the same car on the forum.
So your car didn't get fixed, you still have rock chips, and it's reported on your CARFAX?

If that's the case I would say

ARRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's the type of BS story I have to make up when I tell my wife I'll be home at 12 but show up at 4am cracked out.
Appreciate 1
guess2098515.00
      09-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshah View Post
So your car didn't get fixed, you still have rock chips, and it's reported on your CARFAX?

If that's the case I would say

ARRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's the type of BS story I have to make up when I tell my wife I'll be home at 12 but show up at 4am cracked out.
I don't really know what's BS about this. I'm happy to fix the windshield grills etc but I'm pretty sure no one would be willing to pay full price for the car since the carfax will still have a ding.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #9
Wayne6071
Rep
Drives: 2018 m3, 2020 M8, 2021 x5

atlantis m3

Is this still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #10
Bruce AaLee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne6071 View Post
Is this still for sale?
I spoke to my cousin yesterday and he said there was a pending sale on it but he did not update me today so I don't think its actually sold yet. I'll check tomorrow and update.
Appreciate 0