proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

08-01-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
Jeff Knock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80

F80 Brake Fluid Flush

How often do I need to flush brake fluids? I have a 2015 M3 and barely even can get 4K miles per yr and sitting at 31K miles now, do I do it every 10K or at 50K miles?

I stopped going to the BMB Stealership after the warranty was up
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
krudmunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Since you drive 4k miles per year, I'd recommend every 2 year. If you plan to drive it aggressive here and there, I'd recommend you to bleed the brakes. OEM brake fluid will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:28 AM   #3
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Brake fluid flushes are completely time based (unless you're heavily tracking it) because the biggest reason for them is brake fluid absorbing moisture from the air. Every 2 years for a street driven car, annually if you do occasional track days.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 08:55 AM   #4
aviichen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
Brake fluid flushes are completely time based (unless you're heavily tracking it) because the biggest reason for them is brake fluid absorbing moisture from the air. Every 2 years for a street driven car, annually if you do occasional track days.
Does anyone have recommendations on where to bring car in for brake fluid change in the SoCal area? I need to do mine
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviichen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
Does anyone have recommendations on where to bring car in for brake fluid change in the SoCal area? I need to do mine
Any competent shop can bleed brakes. All the typical ones everyone throws out on the forums can do it.

Appreciate 0