GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

10-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #45
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VChenz View Post
Lips are not designed for damage. There's a few posts on here of people wrecking every brand you can think of.

If you need a strong lip, get the lightweight one. Anything else is...expect the worst. Especially of your car lowered or of you drive in an area with poor roads.
For carbon fiber, I prefer oem. I've my cracked mine 3 times and a huge i place also, but it don't not fall apart Ike this. The main middle cracks I was able to fix with some drywall screws and the impacted area is still intact, chipped off but intact.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #46
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike335 View Post
Because photos can be misleading. Will you commit to the statement that you inspect and test every lip such as this one to make the bold claim that was in perfect condition? And If so please explain and show us all your inspection process. I'm sure everyone else is curious as well. Also you mentioned 3 times about a partial refund but never answered me how much? It doesn't matter. I don't want the money from you, and this was never really about 200 bucks. My bank is going to assist me with recouping my losses anyway.

And to the other fellas, this was not a CF lip, this would never happen from true carbon fiber. This was, a defected, internally weave structure damaged fiberglass composite lip. But hey whatever what do I know, it doesn't matter I'm just a customer at the bottom of someone's queue.
Feel free to send it back for inspection

You did not get a carbon fiber part because you did not order a carbon fiber part. You ordered an FRP lip and that's what we sent you.
If you had selected carbon fiber, we would have sent you a carbon fiber lip.

Its your right to try your luck with your bank, either way i would still like to help you in case you lost the dispute. You paid $166 for the lip

Im willing to refund you $100 , just FYI thats a lot more than my cost

this is the customer's car with the lip installed without any damages before the wind mysteriously got it destroyed during a 1-mile drive (the splitters are not from us, so we are not responsible for the scratches and cracks also probably caused by the wind)
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  262.0 KB

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 10-02-2020 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #47
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Feel free to send it back for inspection

You did not get a carbon fiber part because you did not order a carbon fiber part. You ordered an FRP lip and that's what we sent you.
If you had selected carbon fiber, we would have sent you a carbon fiber lip.

Its your right to try your luck with your bank, either i would still like to help you in case you lost the dispute. You paid $166 for the lip

Im willing to refund you $100 , just FYI thats a lot more than my cost

this is the customer's car with the lip installed without any damages before the wind mysteriously got it destroyed during a 1-mile drive (the splitters are not from us, so we are not responsible for the scratches)
To the OP's defense. Multiple people are complaining about your lip and its structural integrity.

Quote:
My xph lip was weak and not that great when I got it. I reinforced it with fibreglass and epoxied the cracks it came with and so far about two day into driving it highway speeds it held up fine, only because i made it stronger. Sucks to see your situation man
      10-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #48
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
To the OP's defense. Multiple people are complaining about your lip and its structural integrity.
We have over 100 of these lips on the market, we can't keep enough in stock. It's our 4th batch since release (a few months ago). No product is perfect but this is not a product with bad feedback by any means or else we would not sell it. Other than you and OP, i dont think we ever got a complaint.

Again, FRP is weak, that's why the entire lip is being sold for $150

That's not what we are disagreeing about. If the customer had said the lip broke after the first contact then there would be no discussion. The discussion is about OP saying he never hit the lip and it just broke in half from the wind during a 1-mile drive

We offer all our parts with money-back guarantee, if you receive the product and you are not happy with the quality let us know and we will take it back. But you cant install it, break it half then claim it was the wind

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:08 PM   #49
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
We have over 100 of these lips on the market, we can't keep enough in stock. It's our 4th batch since release (a few months ago). No product is perfect but this is not a product with bad feedback by any means or else we would not sell it. Other than you and OP, i dont think we ever got a complaint.

Again, FRP is weak, that's why the entire lip is being sold for $150

That's not what we are disagreeing about. If the customer had said the lip broke after the first contact then there would be no discussion. The discussion is about OP saying he never hit the lip and it just broke in half from the wind during a 1-mile drive

We offer all our parts with money-back guarantee, if you receive the product and you are not happy with the quality let us know and we will take it back. But you cant install it, break it half then claim it was the wind
Not me. I am just the messenger. I copied and paste that from another thread OP made.
      10-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #50
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

This thread is still going? Haha it was actually less than a mile it was about 45 seconds on the freeway. The 1 mile was me driving through a residential neighborhood to get onto the fwy. No one said (not even me) that all you're lips were bad, knowing that most are from other vendors. We said your customer service sucks and I said my particular lip was defected through manufacturing. And stop lowering your price every post you make, you're misleading the forum members, I paid $230 including shipping, I know this, it shows in my statement. Last I checked it's up for $179 on your site. Not 160, not 150. That's it, done, last post from me. If members you got a question, send me a DM. If you got a CF lip for sale, hit me up 😂 Also shout out to Wells Fargo 🤙🏼🤙🏼
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #51
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike335 View Post
This thread is still going? Haha it was actually less than a mile it was about 45 seconds on the freeway. The 1 mile was me driving through a residential neighborhood to get onto the fwy. No one said (not even me) that all you're lips were bad, knowing that most are from other vendors. We said your customer service sucks and I said my particular lip was defected through manufacturing. And stop lowering your price every post you make, you're misleading the forum members, I paid $230 including shipping, I know this, it shows in my statement. Last I checked it's up for $179 on your site. Not 160, not 150. That's it, done, last post from me. If members you got a question, send me a DM. If you got a CF lip for sale, hit me up �� Also shout out to Wells Fargo ��������
$230 is after shipping (the lip is priced at $179 , you used a coupon code and paid $166) .. Im sorry you feel that way and good luck with your future lip. You also need splitters, judging by the pictures you posted it looks like the wind cracked them as well.

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 10-02-2020 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #52
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

No skin in this game, but just to provide my experience. I've dealt with Mike before with an issue of incorrect parts in a direct ship order, called him up and it was dealt with promptly and professionally.

Now to this lip. Even being a weaker material than CF, 70mph wind would not do that to FRP. And keep in mind that this lip is installed in parallel to the direction of the air flow which makes the location of this shear even more unlikely. There is pressure pushing the lip down applying stress to the connection points to the bumper, but the location of that tear just don't make sense.

There's only two possibility here.
Either there was structural damage done before or during installation.
Or the damage was caused externally after being on the road.

Since the claim was nothing impacted the lip during that drive, I'll say it was damaged before the drive. At what point was it damaged? Only the people involved knows but this structural damage was likely already visible externally either before or after installation.

Point is there must be preexisting damage to this lip for it to result in this from just a short drive.

Last edited by OG///M; 10-03-2020 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #53
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

looks like there is pressure in the center of the lip based on that crazy curve. It shouldn't look like that.
Appreciate 1
Rick4345469.50
      10-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #54
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
looks like there is pressure in the center of the lip based on that crazy curve. It shouldn't look like that.
I was gonna say, is that how the lip is supposed to look? Also looks like a cheap knockoff of the M Performance lip.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #55
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
I was gonna say, is that how the lip is supposed to look? Also looks like a cheap knockoff of the M Performance lip.
Shouldn't that piece be straight across the front bumper? Could this be installation error or a design/manufacturing error?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #56
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Reminder on our XPH policy.
  • If the customer is not happy with the quality of the product, we take it back, cover the shipping cost and process a full refund with no restocking fee
  • If the customer is not happy with fitment, we take it back, cover the shipping cost and process a full refund with no restocking fee
  • If the customer changes their mind for any reason, we still take it back, no restocking fee charged

Had the customer contacted us prior or after the install and said he is not happy with the product's quality or fitment we would have taken it back.

Claiming that the wind completely destroyed the lip when moments before it happened there were no defects or damage on the lip is just impossible. The lip got destroyed from contact and that's not covered by the warranty.

Even then I still offered the customer to give him most of his money back so its not a total loss (please note that this offer was extended before the customer posted on the forum or even mentioned to me he is willing to post)

I do not wish to keep posting on here, so hopefully, this is my last one. I just wanted to make it clear once and for all how our warranty works.

We offer over 150 brands, im not aware of any warranty that's as generous as ours.

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 10-03-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #57
k-lo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83, 2012 Cayenne Turbo

Just my opinion: FRP is weak material no matter which manufacturer makes it. Couple this with a consumable nature of a front lip, it's not gonna last. I've had 2 FRP knockoffs in the past from eBay, while their price point is very appealing they are highly susceptible to highway debris. They can tear quite easily on impact. Those never made it past 2 months of being in the car no matter how careful I was.

That's why for my 3rd lip, I opted to go CF. I got mine from Mike at XPH. Went the extra mile and installed sliplo scrape guards for steep driveways.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #58
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict0 View Post
You're not the only one dealing with some BS from this company.
I'm tempted to post my own review of the absolutely ABYSMAL customer service I've received from Mike.

I'm still waiting on my refund and will consider whether I create my own post.

I had the worst & I mean the absolute worst experience with mike from xph. I spent like 2 grand and he was cool when he was taking my card number over the phone. Then he left me out to dry. Total BAIT and SWITCH! Terrible customer service. I've experienced some bad. But, this guy takes the cake.

I was going to make my own post because I felt it deserved it. But, having to support a wife and 2 small children, an ongoing build in progress. Time is limited. I saw this and had to say something.

This joker had the nerve to call me back only to yell at me. He didn't even let me get one word in. Just talking over me the entire time. Yelling like he was the victim!! I had to literaly hang up on him because he would not step YELLING at me over the phone. I hung up and could not understand how this person is still in business. Total mystery to me.

XPH is a joke. Just some guy who sells parts from his apartment while wearing his pajamas eating a bowl of cereal. What was I thinking? Very poor customer experience with XPH. Never again.

Reading this post and these comments, Just reminded me of what I had experienced.

I'm sorry so many others are having the same poor customer service. For me this was a total shit show. I't might be over. But, it really left a bad taste. Ughhhh.

There are much better options. Kevin from mod bargains is simply great! EAS is also good. Real businesses with real staff trained in customer service, actual inventory, & 7 Installation.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+

Last edited by papasmurf_m3; 10-22-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 5
      10-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #59
derelict0
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, Nissan Skyline,Evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
I had the worst & I mean the absolute worst experience with mike from xph. I spent like 2 grand and he was cool when he was taking my card number over the phone. Then he left me out to dry. Total BAIT and SWITCH! Terrible customer service. I've experienced some bad. But, this guy takes the cake.

I was going to make my own post because I felt it deserved it. But, having to support a wife and 2 small children, an ongoing build in progress. Time is limited. I saw this and had to say something.

This joker had the nerve to call me back only to yell at me. He didn't even let me get one word in. Just talking over me the entire time. Yelling like he was the victim!! I had to literaly hang up on him because he would not step YELLING at me over the phone. I hung up and could not understand how this person is still in business. Total mystery to me.

XPH is a joke. Just some guy who sells parts from his apartment while wearing his pajamas eating a bowl of cereal. What was I thinking? Very poor customer experience with XPH. Never again.

Reading this post and these comments, Just reminded me of what I had experienced.

I'm sorry so many others are having the same poor customer service. For me this was a total shit show. I't might be over. But, it really left a bad taste. Ughhhh.

There are much better options. Kevin from mod bargains is simply great! EAS is also good. Real businesses with real staff trained in customer service, actual inventory, & 7 Installation.
To be fair, Mike did reach out to me by phone and eventually we were able to hash things out. I too had spent some coin with this company and felt like I had to pull teeth just to figure out there was even something wrong with my order (that whole fiasco with vrsf). Instead of being contacted directly, I found a forum post on here that said all vrsf preorders were being cancelled, so that left me scratching my head wondering should I have been contacted?

Anyway, I don't want to threadcrap on the OP's post, so I'll leave it at that. If you're interested in more details, feel free to PM me. But in the end, Mike resolved the issues for me and I have the parts that I paid for.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #60
MNhv
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

I did not have a good experience with XPH/Mike either. Ordered black carbon fiber tips and they sent me 3 titanium and 1 gold. The boxes were incorrectly labeled as Black so I figured it was a mistake and easily correctable. It was no one's fault; no harm, no foul.

Calls went unanswered for days. A polite girl from customer service finally got back to me and I had to call him out in an e-mail thread with his colleagues CC'ed in order to get some sort of response/accountability. When we finally spoke on the phone, Mike made me feel as if I were lying and trying to pull a fast one. I had to send pics of the incorrect tips they sent in order to prove my case. Any other vendor would send a return shipping label for the exchange no questions asked. As if I have nothing better to do with my time than try to scam a vendor for some $300 exhaust tips. I literally wasted a month going back and forth with these guys. Finally ended up getting a refund but it wasn't for the full amount I paid. Didn't care at this point and just wanted to be done with it. Needless to say, no matter how good their pricing is I'll never throw a cent towards their direction again.
Appreciate 5
      02-15-2021, 05:58 PM   #61
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNhv View Post
I did not have a good experience with XPH/Mike either. Ordered black carbon fiber tips and they sent me 3 titanium and 1 gold. The boxes were incorrectly labeled as Black so I figured it was a mistake and easily correctable. It was no one's fault; no harm, no foul.

Calls went unanswered for days. A polite girl from customer service finally got back to me and I had to call him out in an e-mail thread with his colleagues CC'ed in order to get some sort of response/accountability. When we finally spoke on the phone, Mike made me feel as if I were lying and trying to pull a fast one. I had to send pics of the incorrect tips they sent in order to prove my case. Any other vendor would send a return shipping label for the exchange no questions asked. As if I have nothing better to do with my time than try to scam a vendor for some $300 exhaust tips. I literally wasted a month going back and forth with these guys. Finally ended up getting a refund but it wasn't for the full amount I paid. Didn't care at this point and just wanted to be done with it. Needless to say, no matter how good their pricing is I'll never throw a cent towards their direction again.
MNhv,

I'm sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept my sincerest apologies. I am committed to providing great customer service and I would like to make things right.

Please dm me your order number to determine how I can provide you with a solution.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #62
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Just wanted to say Mike and X-PH are great! I've bought quite a few things from him, and the one time something went wrong (which wasn't his fault) he basically flipped over backwards to make things right. His prices are always the best I can find as well, shop around and you'll see. I've just bought some more parts from him tonight and plan on more in the future, thanks Mike!
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #63
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Just wanted to say Mike and X-PH are great! I've bought quite a few things from him, and the one time something went wrong (which wasn't his fault) he basically flipped over backwards to make things right. His prices are always the best I can find as well, shop around and you'll see. I've just bought some more parts from him tonight and plan on more in the future, thanks Mike!
My pleasure, thank you for the kind words

Appreciate 1
NickyC17346.00
      03-26-2021, 12:38 AM   #64
Carguy1994
ooooooooo
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2018

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
My pleasure, thank you for the kind words
Spent $10k at xph.
No complaints. Fast shipping. Got exactly what was advertised.
Attached Images

03-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #65
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy1994 View Post
Spent $10k at xph.
No complaints. Fast shipping. Got exactly what was advertised.
Thank you for the support

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #66
careagax5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Bought my AA mid pipe! From mike , best prices and great communication
Appreciate 0