BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #23
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvsNP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=934644

side note not sure about other dealers but in our situation our launch cars were pushed back another month to April production now. We were scheduled mid march production prior to hearing this news. So much for me having one of the cars by mid May and taking it to bimmerfest.
I don't think you are the only one. All US dealers I have spoken to said the same thing. Demo cars production complete by April and they are stateside by June and customer cars start production in May-June. It is my understanding that this is due to some last minute changes/to align themselves better with the original timelines of "press reviews in June 2014". If they were to get the cars stateside in May, the reviews would be out 2 months early.
Your idea and response is what is unsettling a bit. If the car is so epic why not let the press have a go early and do all the selling for you? Why wait until the majority of us already have cars ordered in production and finance deals in place before reviews. It just screams concern to me from manufacturer and perhaps that demand will slow down and dealers will not be able to gorge on high payment/low residual values. I hope I am overthinking this but I have to believe BMW knows the M brand is at stake with this car and they are taking extra time to workout whatever is causing delays. Please let it be that! Nervously waiting for first reviews and why I have more comfort leasing than buying even though I can do either
      03-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #24
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
Your idea and response is what is unsettling a bit. If the car is so epic why not let the press have a go early and do all the selling for you? Why wait until the majority of us already have cars ordered in production and finance deals in place before reviews. It just screams concern to me from manufacturer and perhaps that demand will slow down and dealers will not be able to gorge on high payment/low residual values. I hope I am overthinking this but I have to believe BMW knows the M brand is at stake with this car and they are taking extra time to workout whatever is causing delays. Please let it be that! Nervously waiting for first reviews and why I have more comfort leasing than buying even though I can do either
I hope this is in the back of everyone's mind with one on order. ESP after how the reviews of the new M5 went initially. I am #4 for the M4 so hopefully reviews will be out before it's too late for me lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #25
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Me, Personally, I would go for an M235i if I'm not gonna get what I want I'd rather save $$$ get an M235i then upgrade to M4 at lease end. M235i has great residual (63%/10k miles) and a lot of people have been getting $1000-$2000 off MSRP already. Not to mention the LSD is now available for $3615

54K MSRP = $454/month with MSDs

OR

ED MSRP= $345/month with MSDs

It also seems that some people have been told by their dealers that ED allocations are not coming out of US allocations for dealers so that would give you even more negotiating power
Yeah I'm 6'7" an M4 is already pushing it.

I was shopping for C2S Porsches this weekend trying to talk myself into the fact that I fit OK. I was fine until I tried to turn the wheel more than 80 degrees lol. My hand, my thigh, and the steering wheel would then collide.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #26
PvsNP
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
All I know is last minute changes required them to wait a bit more. This can only mean good for us because they actually CARE a lot about the car and how its perceived. This is also why they are not letting anyone drive it. If I had to guess, I'd say its either EPS or exhaust that were being fine tuned. Maybe result of the final set of test drives in US that we all saw.

It is very risky to buy this car ar such high price point without knowing how it will drive. Not to mention, there will be teething problems that as a first time owner you will deal with. Every M car has them.

Yes M5 wasnt received well but guess what thanks to that we have seen 61% residuals for the first time in the history of M5 and can lease a 120k car for little over 1100.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #27
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 Audi RS etron GT

Well this delay is certainly going to make the wait even more intolerable! My patience is only so much and I tend to make poor decisions b/c I hate waiting...The M5 rates are looking very good (and call me crazy, but I imagine they might even get slightly better with the 2015 SOP coming up), but I know my heart is with the M4, it's just this waiting is driving me nuts!!!
'24-I20 iX 50; '23 RS etron GT; '23-G26 i4 M50*; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0