Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #1
EuroSteez
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3

Lowered on springs now car pulling to right

Hi everyone

I recently purchased a set of brand new Vogtland Sport springs for my F80 M3 and installed the fronts this past weekend. After getting an alignment today, my car is still pulling to the right (at least it feels that way). According to the alignment sheet, my alignment is in spec so from what I understand it shouldn't be pulling to the side like this. Has anybody else had this experience after installing lowering springs? Any insight would be helpful!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Check the springs out first, if it was installed right.

Otherwise you could have already been pulling to the right to begin with it just wasn't obvious enough and lowering exaggerated the problem.

Check spring install, check the springs itself or ask for the firmware update to correct the pulling to the right issue as many have reported on the forum. Go down that list and you'll probably find the cause to be one of them.
      08-13-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Couple things - first, just because the alignment is in spec doesn't mean it won't pull. Make sure your cross camber is good and if it pulls, take it back to your alignment shop and have them drive it.

Second, keep in mind that a 2 lane road will have a crown to shed water off to the side, so if you are in the right lane, your car will naturally drift to the right. This has nothing to do with the alignment.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSteez View Post
Hi everyone

I recently purchased a set of brand new Vogtland Sport springs for my F80 M3 and installed the fronts this past weekend. After getting an alignment today, my car is still pulling to the right (at least it feels that way). According to the alignment sheet, my alignment is in spec so from what I understand it shouldn't be pulling to the side like this. Has anybody else had this experience after installing lowering springs? Any insight would be helpful!
Could one of the springs slipped in the spring perch from where it was mounted changing the toe on that wheel? Crazy theory! That's about all that would change alignment, unless something has slipped after the shop set your alignment.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 01:41 AM   #5
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

I'm in the same boat, just got springs installed and alignment and now it pulls slightly to he left. Going to take it back to the shop to get realigned, but hope it's not improperly installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #6
EuroSteez
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3

thanks everyone for the insight, I will take a look at the springs/installation today but I am pretty confident that it is correct.

Would having the stock springs in the rear but lowering springs in the front cause this?
Appreciate 0